Week 6 sleepers... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 6 sleepers...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 6 sleepers...

Postby InsertNameHere » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:14 pm

ckl81 wrote:
pfwygalways wrote:With Chambers out Craig "buster" Davis could be a wr play of the week. It seems wr's filling roles for one week have been breaking out (see NYG Hixon). I have no knowlege of Davis's skill however, and it was mentioned that Hixon played the down field threat role that needed to be filled.

Buster Davis is more of a slot receiver than a downfield threat. VJax will assume that role (hell, both he and Chambers are more downfield threats). He could have a nice game, although his ceiling is probably 70 yards and a TD, max. The Chargers are playing the Patriots though, so I'm not sure how they'll fare---they haven't looked really good recently though, so I wouldn't put too much faith in Davis having a good week.

His ceiling with Chambers in is 70 yds...Vjax is,in my eyes, a home-run threat of sorts, only catching 2-4 balls a game but making the most out of them. If Vjax gets twice the amount of looks I say were looking at more of a 100+ game, I'm undecided on whethere or not he'll score, I'l leave that up to Gates...
InsertNameHere
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lucky7 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:44 pm

Pittman. With Young out, and Pittman showing some tough running against TB, I think he gets a significant uptick in carries this week on top of the goalline looks he already has. He could put up some decent numbers this week.
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby ckl81 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:03 pm

InsertNameHere wrote:
ckl81 wrote:
pfwygalways wrote:With Chambers out Craig "buster" Davis could be a wr play of the week. It seems wr's filling roles for one week have been breaking out (see NYG Hixon). I have no knowlege of Davis's skill however, and it was mentioned that Hixon played the down field threat role that needed to be filled.

Buster Davis is more of a slot receiver than a downfield threat. VJax will assume that role (hell, both he and Chambers are more downfield threats). He could have a nice game, although his ceiling is probably 70 yards and a TD, max. The Chargers are playing the Patriots though, so I'm not sure how they'll fare---they haven't looked really good recently though, so I wouldn't put too much faith in Davis having a good week.

His ceiling with Chambers in is 70 yds...Vjax is,in my eyes, a home-run threat of sorts, only catching 2-4 balls a game but making the most out of them. If Vjax gets twice the amount of looks I say were looking at more of a 100+ game, I'm undecided on whethere or not he'll score, I'l leave that up to Gates...

Sorry, should have been more clear, 70 yards and a TD is Buster's max, not VJ's. VJ's max with Chambers out is probably more like 100+ yds, 2 TDs, although against the Pats, I wouldn't bet on it.
[URL=http://img103.imageshack.us/my.php?image=merriman3ec1.jpg]Image[/URL]
ckl81
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:22 pm

2ksports wrote:I'm starting Vincent Jackson this week, fresh off the waiver. 123+ yards 2 TDs, that's about right. ;-D

Everytime I start some random guy they bust out, like Meachem, so hopefully the trend continues.

Better make sure he's 100%:

Vincent Jackson, who has a team-high 17 catches, was also out Thursday. He tweaked his knee in Wednesday's practice and stayed off it.

"There's a difference between playing with soreness and soreness you can't play through,'' Jackson said. "The knee is just pretty sore ---- get some rest and see if we can get the inflammation out of there and hopefully by (Friday) I can practice.''

Source: http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/10 ... 046b3b.txt
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby spodog » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:19 pm

I'd agree with Dustin Keller.

Also think these guys may have big weeks:

- Antwan Randle El
- Vincent Jackson (assuming healthy)
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:35 pm

Can Greg Camarillo be considered a sleeper?

I was pretty impressed with this guy the past couple of weeks and it looks like he has become the #1 WR in Miami. I really don't think Houston has anyone that can stop him if Miami decides to let up on Ronnie Brown a bit.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Flyn high again » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:17 pm

With Reggie Brown officially out for week 6, Kevin Curtis attains sleeper status for this week. He has practiced all week and is almost completely recovered from his hernia surgery. McNabb is going to need someone besides DeSean to throw to and a healthy Curtis is far better than any of Philly's subs. I'd bet he's still available in some leagues. I'm looking forward to turning a late round pick into a starting WR. ;-D
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk