Running Down the Dream - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Running Down the Dream

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Running Down the Dream

Postby knapplc » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:43 pm

RWLongy4 wrote:creep.

You only get to say that if you've never drank in the beauty of a pretty girl yourself. In a way, all men are creeps. But we're good creeps, all the same.

RWLongy4 wrote:Good read

Thanks. Just trying to entertain a bit.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RWLongy4 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:48 pm

I must admit i'm guilty of doing the same.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:09 pm

knapplc wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Without reading all that, is this the girl you posted about a few months on the Darkside on how to get her to talk to you? :-b

AKA the Starbucks girl

No, different girl, and I wasn't asking for advice on how to get her to talk to me. :-b I'm married, Art! I've been married for almost 17 years! I have zero trouble talking to women.

THAT situation was that the girl in Starbucks was good looking, smelled nice and dressed nice, but since she was RIGHT BEHIND ME, I couldn't very well turn around and stare without looking like a goof. As I recall, I got tons of advice from the Dark Sidians telling me to "just turn around" or "drop something and look up her skirt" or other such quality advice. ;-7

We also said that it didn't hurt to turn around and say hi. :-b
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:12 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
AKA the Starbucks girl

No, different girl, and I wasn't asking for advice on how to get her to talk to me. :-b I'm married, Art! I've been married for almost 17 years! I have zero trouble talking to women.

THAT situation was that the girl in Starbucks was good looking, smelled nice and dressed nice, but since she was RIGHT BEHIND ME, I couldn't very well turn around and stare without looking like a goof. As I recall, I got tons of advice from the Dark Sidians telling me to "just turn around" or "drop something and look up her skirt" or other such quality advice. ;-7

But again, to what end? Who does that? Everyone over there made it sound like they'd have no problem just striking up a conversation with some random chick, but the reality is that it just doesn't happen that way in RL unless you're giving her some line. Women aren't stupid, and they know a line when they hear one. Especially the hot ones.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:33 pm

knapplc wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
knapplc wrote:No, different girl, and I wasn't asking for advice on how to get her to talk to me. :-b I'm married, Art! I've been married for almost 17 years! I have zero trouble talking to women.

But again, to what end? Who does that? Everyone over there made it sound like they'd have no problem just striking up a conversation with some random chick, but the reality is that it just doesn't happen that way in RL unless you're giving her some line. Women aren't stupid, and they know a line when they hear one. Especially the hot ones.

And yet, you claim you have zero trouble talking to women. :-b

Thing is, some guys are more comfortable to start an honest-to-goodness conversation with a girl they just met...and some just aren't. Think about the idea that you were getting a great deal of input from guys who are in their early-to-mid 20's with perhaps a more relaxed view in initiating some talk with a lady. Sometimes that approach works and sometimes it doesn't, shoot, maybe most of the time it doesn't or not at all. It depends on the girl equally as it does with the guy. I think the reason why guys have such a laidback approach as to strike up a conversation at a finger's snap is because from their experience, most girls have a laidback approach to it as well.

Personally, I can't always say I'm quite as assured as some Darksiders were when they answered your post. While I'm not shy, frankly, I'm just passive and introspective to a fault, even if I can be equally the opposite: more self-assured, more proactive. It takes the right kind of girl to bring out the latter. I've had friends say I do too much window shopping without even asking the price. However, there are some girls I've met, with whom I can feel much more comfortable talking to the first time around, just by getting a good sense of who they're like at first glance.
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:47 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:Think about the idea that you were getting a great deal of input from guys who are in their early-to-mid 20's with perhaps a more relaxed view in initiating some talk with a lady.

I'm well aware of that, and the fact that most of those guys would have peed their pants rather than actually doing what they claim they would do. I'm nearly twice as old as most of those guys, and more than twice as old as many. I've been around plenty, and I've talked to more girls than they have.

There's a big difference between posting random advice on a message board and real life. In real life, women don't appreciate men who just randomly strike up conversations with them about the weather, or the Cubs, or whatever. They know it's a line, and they react accordingly.

You can keep trying to defend that conversation if you like. I've been there and the claims aren't based in reality.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Guru13 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:56 am

knapplc wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Think about the idea that you were getting a great deal of input from guys who are in their early-to-mid 20's with perhaps a more relaxed view in initiating some talk with a lady.

I'm well aware of that, and the fact that most of those guys would have peed their pants rather than actually doing what they claim they would do. I'm nearly twice as old as most of those guys, and more than twice as old as many. I've been around plenty, and I've talked to more girls than they have.

There's a big difference between posting random advice on a message board and real life. In real life, women don't appreciate men who just randomly strike up conversations with them about the weather, or the Cubs, or whatever. They know it's a line, and they react accordingly.

You can keep trying to defend that conversation if you like. I've been there and the claims aren't based in reality.

I'm sure it was just the normal cafe joking around...we do a lot of that. :-?
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:03 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
knapplc wrote:

I'm sure it was just the normal cafe joking around...we do a lot of that. :-?

I took it as such. What's your confusion?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby dream_017 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:23 am

knapplc wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I'm sure it was just the normal cafe joking around...we do a lot of that. :-?

This is confusion... :-S not this... :-?

;-) :-b
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby knapplc » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:37 am

dream_017 wrote:
knapplc wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I'm sure it was just the normal cafe joking around...we do a lot of that. :-?

This is confusion... :-S not this... :-?

;-) :-b

Ah, yes. I stand corrected. Thank you, good sir. ;-) :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk