Running Down the Dream - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Running Down the Dream

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Running Down the Dream

Postby Guru13 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:17 am

indeed, I don't know, maybe I sensed some tension that wasn't there. It was early. :-b
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Running Down the Dream

Postby knapplc » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:19 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:indeed, I don't know, maybe I sensed some tension that wasn't there. It was early. :-b

You could go over to the Dark Side and actually read the thread. ;-)
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Re: Running Down the Dream

Postby Guru13 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:30 am

knapplc wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:indeed, I don't know, maybe I sensed some tension that wasn't there. It was early. :-b

You could go over to the Dark Side and actually read the thread. ;-)

o I don't know if I can do that, it's scary over there! :-b
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Running Down the Dream

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:18 pm

knapplc wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:You can't tell me your phone doesn't have a camera on it Knapp. That would have made all the difference. :-b

My phone is a phone. I use it to talk to people. It's not a camera, or a text machine, or a calendar, or a toy. It's a phone.


Well, it's not a phone,but I am posting this From my new iPod touch. :-D
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Re: Running Down the Dream

Postby knapplc » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:56 am

I think I found her!

I can't believe this thread is from nearly three years ago! I still do this coffee walk three/four times a week, at pretty much the same time, but I have never seen this woman again – until about two days ago.

At least, I think it was her. Same general build, similar hair color and style, same kind of dress, but high-heeled shoes. If it wasn't her it was close enough to be a near-twin to the girl I saw in the OP.

I've been walking for fitness lately. I take a 2-mile walk at lunch, so instead of sandals like the first time, I had on tennis shoes, and I am more than capable of chasing down a woman in high heels. This time, instead of being far away, she was within half a block when I noticed her. She again went to my building, and this time I easily caught up to her – but, like a gentleman, I did not pass her, but remained respectfully about ten paces back.

If this was that girl I saw three years ago, she was definitely worth the look. Early 30s, lithe, very nice long legs, sender, great posture, and she even smelled good, from the way her perfume wafted along the breeze.

I walked behind her for about a block this time, then passed her – just in time to hold the door open for her like a gentleman. It was definitely worth the wait. She was absolutely lovely, gave me a very pretty smile and thanked me for holding the door, and I followed her in.

Once inside and I had to remove my sunglasses the perusal stopped. Can't be caught ogling a woman at work, you know. But she was very lovely.

Summer can be a grand time. You know?
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Re: Running Down the Dream

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:19 am

knapplc wrote:I think I found her!

I can't believe this thread is from nearly three years ago! I still do this coffee walk three/four times a week, at pretty much the same time, but I have never seen this woman again – until about two days ago.

At least, I think it was her. Same general build, similar hair color and style, same kind of dress, but high-heeled shoes. If it wasn't her it was close enough to be a near-twin to the girl I saw in the OP.

I've been walking for fitness lately. I take a 2-mile walk at lunch, so instead of sandals like the first time, I had on tennis shoes, and I am more than capable of chasing down a woman in high heels. This time, instead of being far away, she was within half a block when I noticed her. She again went to my building, and this time I easily caught up to her – but, like a gentleman, I did not pass her, but remained respectfully about ten paces back.

If this was that girl I saw three years ago, she was definitely worth the look. Early 30s, lithe, very nice long legs, sender, great posture, and she even smelled good, from the way her perfume wafted along the breeze.

I walked behind her for about a block this time, then passed her – just in time to hold the door open for her like a gentleman. It was definitely worth the wait. She was absolutely lovely, gave me a very pretty smile and thanked me for holding the door, and I followed her in.

Once inside and I had to remove my sunglasses the perusal stopped. Can't be caught ogling a woman at work, you know. But she was very lovely.

Summer can be a grand time. You know?

Did you get on the same elevator this time? Did you make small talk, find out if she works in your building?

I can't believe this was 3 years ago 8-o
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15301
(Past Year: 55)
Joined: 3 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Ford Field: Section - 132; Row - 19; Seat - 11

Re: Running Down the Dream

Postby knapplc » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:02 pm

She went to the lady's room after we got into the lobby.

Hard to believe it's been three years since I wrote that. The instant I saw her, I knew who she was - or at least, who I thought she was.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Re: Running Down the Dream

Postby knapplc » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:05 pm

Good lord. Reading some of my replies from earlier in this thread I appear very argumentative. I remember writing that stuff and feeling jokingly about it at the time, but it doesn't come across that way.

I think I suck at message boarding. 8-o
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Re: Running Down the Dream

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:31 pm

knapplc wrote:Good lord. Reading some of my replies from earlier in this thread I appear very argumentative. I remember writing that stuff and feeling jokingly about it at the time, but it doesn't come across that way.

I think I suck at message boarding. 8-o


:-X


I know I sucked at message boarding back then. Like to think I've learned a little since then. :-B


EDIT - What's with the "I received 0 Yards for this post"?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: Running Down the Dream

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:36 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:

EDIT - What's with the "I received 0 Yards for this post"?

Exactly that - you received zero yards for that post O:-) }:-)


We have an announcements section now - read about the Cafeholics Race ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15301
(Past Year: 55)
Joined: 3 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Ford Field: Section - 132; Row - 19; Seat - 11

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 9:17 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact