You know things are bad when... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

You know things are bad when...

Moderator: Football Moderators

You know things are bad when...

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:32 pm

you cant even fire the woefully inept head coach because the co-ordinators and position coaches are even more woefully inept
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: You know things are bad when...

Postby dream_017 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:54 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:you cant even fire the woefully inept head coach because the co-ordinators and position coaches are even more woefully inept

I was thinking the same thing. If we fired NimRod, who would/could we move into that position, at least for the interm. NOBODY. Would any other coach be willing to take over mid-season to lead us to the #1 pick...I don't think so. I'm pretty sure we are stuck until 3 hours after the final game, unless Ford decides to put some of us fans in charge of coaching O:-)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RWLongy4 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:30 pm

Fire everybody and hire me as interim HC, I would even do it for no pay as long as I got free room and board :-b
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby dream_017 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:06 am

I didn't hear his news conference yesterday, but I listened to the post-game news conference coming home from the game and I am officially on the Fire NimRod bandwagon. The thing that really got to me was how he kept saying "I'm not going to change" and "this is the only way I know how to coach". WHAT?!?!!? Hey, Rod....IT'S NOT WORKING, you need to change something.

Here are some funny/sad quotes from yesterday that I found:

Mike Furrey wrote:He’s a great coach, he’s so fundamentally sound, teaching guys what to do.
There’s just something going on right now—I don’t know if it’s football-related—it’s so weird. I can’t even explain it.

First Down Williams wrote:We still have a realistic chance to make the playoffs, believe it or not, we can still be 12-4, 10-6 or 11-5. It happened before. It happened with the ‘92 Chargers.

NimRod wrote:I won’t change, I believe everything I’m doing in the game of football and how it’s being taught. I have 100 percent belief in it.

and here are some stunning stats:

Stats don't lie wrote:They’ve fallen behind by a combined score of 94-3 to start their first four games, leading to a dubious team record. The Lions have lost by a combined 81 points, breaking their record for point differential through four games, according to STATS. Detroit’s teams in 1948, 1942, 2001 and 1946 were outscored by anywhere from 80 to 64 points in their first four games, and none of those teams finished with more than two wins.

More absurd stats wrote:Opponents have combined for a 122.1 quarterback rating against the Lions, who allowed every quarterback to be more effective than one of the league’s stars: New York Jets quarterback Brett Favre leads the NFL with a 110.8 rating.

The icing on the cake wrote:Detroit is the only team in the NFL without a point in the first quarter or an interception at any point of a game.

all information for quotes found here
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:33 am

dream_017 wrote:I didn't hear his news conference yesterday, but I listened to the post-game news conference coming home from the game and I am officially on the Fire NimRod bandwagon. The thing that really got to me was how he kept saying "I'm not going to change" and "this is the only way I know how to coach". WHAT?!?!!? Hey, Rod....IT'S NOT WORKING, you need to change something.

Here are some funny/sad quotes from yesterday that I found:

Mike Furrey wrote:He’s a great coach, he’s so fundamentally sound, teaching guys what to do.
There’s just something going on right now—I don’t know if it’s football-related—it’s so weird. I can’t even explain it.

First Down Williams wrote:We still have a realistic chance to make the playoffs, believe it or not, we can still be 12-4, 10-6 or 11-5. It happened before. It happened with the ‘92 Chargers.

NimRod wrote:I won’t change, I believe everything I’m doing in the game of football and how it’s being taught. I have 100 percent belief in it.

and here are some stunning stats:

Stats don't lie wrote:They’ve fallen behind by a combined score of 94-3 to start their first four games, leading to a dubious team record. The Lions have lost by a combined 81 points, breaking their record for point differential through four games, according to STATS. Detroit’s teams in 1948, 1942, 2001 and 1946 were outscored by anywhere from 80 to 64 points in their first four games, and none of those teams finished with more than two wins.

More absurd stats wrote:Opponents have combined for a 122.1 quarterback rating against the Lions, who allowed every quarterback to be more effective than one of the league’s stars: New York Jets quarterback Brett Favre leads the NFL with a 110.8 rating.

The icing on the cake wrote:Detroit is the only team in the NFL without a point in the first quarter or an interception at any point of a game.

all information for quotes found here

I listened to some of the press conference yesterday. NimRod is lost. I think we should all e-mail Killer and ask him to ask NimRod, after he says he is not going to change what he is doing and they practiced great this week, this: Why would you think that practicing the same thing that has led to your team being totally unprepared to play each Sunday is going to get the team ready to beat the Texans?
I think all questions from this point on should be pointed at what he is doing to prepare the team for the game, and pointing out the game plan and game day prep looks as if it is ignored every week. Put all the blame for this team's lack fo readiness on (#*@ = fill in whatever cuss-filled tirade may help relieve some frustration here) NimRod.
Ask #*@ NimRod point blank if he takes one second to try and devise a plan to attack the other teams weaknesses or if it is all spent working on #*@ pad level.
Ask #*@ NimRod if he cares at all that fans suffer for his inability to put a quality product on the field. Ask #*@ NimRod if he would hire a coach who is 1-11 and totally out coached in the last 12 #*@ games.
Ask #*@ NimRod if any of his great #*@ coaching has helped the #*@ 11.
Ask #*@ NimRod if his #*@ coaching has helped #*@ Redding turn into the next Kalimba, or has Wizzer White and the ex-Buc 7's experience with his beloved Tampex #*@ Two TD deficit D is going to start to show up on Sundays.
Ask #*@ NimRod if the outcome of good teaching and good practice should be in good performance and not in the #*@ crap that a #*@ NimRod team is all about.
Ask #*@ NimRod if the #*@ D's totally failure is because his #*@ son-in-law has failed the team, or has he failed.
Ask #*@ NimRod if it would be too disrespectful to answer just one #*@ question.
Ask #*@ NimRod if he thinks it is respectful to the profession of coaching to keep putting such a poorly coached #*@ team on the field each week.
Ask #*@ NimRod to waddle his #*@ out to the parking lot. Right Now!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:38 am

moochman wrote:Ask #*@ NimRod point blank if he takes one second to try and devise a plan to attack the other teams weaknesses or if it is all spent working on #*@ pad level.

this is what kills me more than anything about this regime because i know they dont do this...they just want to "pound the rock" or "stay the course". well guess what, good teams adjust there scheme based on who they're playing,or at least make some in game adjustments. i remember a few years ago, the Raiders couldnt run the ball so they had Gannon throw like 22 straight passes (for completions no less)...i'm sure Gruden at the time said "well, we cant run it, stop the pass"

i'm thinking Minny should beat us at least 35-10, i'm hoping for an epic "they are who we thought they were" type meltdown...as stoic as Nimrod tries to be...the Detroit media will break him
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:08 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i'm hoping for an epic "they are who we thought they were" type meltdown...as stoic as Nimrod tries to be...the Detroit media will break him

It is getting real close, he was starting to go into breakdown mode on Sunday. I can't wait to just watch as his head explodes, I am going to start taping the Monday press conferences so I can watch them and when his head does explode, I'll watch over and over.

This was the 3rd pre-game show I listened to on the radio (remember there have only been 4 games) where they were talking about "the corners for this team are out so the Lions should be able to move the ball". Against Atlanta I think they start 2 first year guys, against GB they had somebody hurt and Woodson was hobbled, Chicago had 2 guys out. In no way shape or form did they even remotely try to exploit those deficiencies :-t :-t :-t :-t

This is what really bothers me, I know I don't have any head coaching experience, but these guys are in the NFL, they should be able to run some things that you tell them. Every fan I know knows what the problems are and has an idea of how to fix them, most are consistant....why on earth can't the NimRod and nimrods in the Lions figure it out. If a team is starting their back-up secondary and you have 2 of the best WRs in the NFL talent wise throw the ball non-stop until the other team gives up. Put Kitna or however the QB of the day is in the shotgun to give him 4 seconds instead of 2 seconds before the line collapses and fling it.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Postby moochman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:40 am

dream_017 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:i'm hoping for an epic "they are who we thought they were" type meltdown...as stoic as Nimrod tries to be...the Detroit media will break him

It is getting real close, he was starting to go into breakdown mode on Sunday. I can't wait to just watch as his head explodes, I am going to start taping the Monday press conferences so I can watch them and when his head does explode, I'll watch over and over.

This was the 3rd pre-game show I listened to on the radio (remember there have only been 4 games) where they were talking about "the corners for this team are out so the Lions should be able to move the ball". Against Atlanta I think they start 2 first year guys, against GB they had somebody hurt and Woodson was hobbled, Chicago had 2 guys out. In no way shape or form did they even remotely try to exploit those deficiencies :-t :-t :-t :-t

This is what really bothers me, I know I don't have any head coaching experience, but these guys are in the NFL, they should be able to run some things that you tell them. Every fan I know knows what the problems are and has an idea of how to fix them, most are consistant....why on earth can't the NimRod and nimrods in the Lions figure it out. If a team is starting their back-up secondary and you have 2 of the best WRs in the NFL talent wise throw the ball non-stop until the other team gives up. Put Kitna or however the QB of the day is in the shotgun to give him 4 seconds instead of 2 seconds before the line collapses and fling it.

NimRod has Monday press conferences at 1230 on the local sportsradio stations and I listen to them most weeks. The tone has turned really sour, last week Wob Parker even asked him if he thought he would be fired Monday! The answers that Numbnutz, er NimRod gives are getting more defensive and bizzare by the week. A qestion of DUIzon playing only garbage time was answered by saying that those were meaningful minutes to DUIzon and he blathered about the physical investment players have and the honor of the game or some other garbage. He clearly has no clue. I honestly think that the Bucs were protecting him and finally Gruden just said the heck with it, go ahead and get paid. Now we see that the only rock he's pounding is his head against the wall.

I want Wob to ask NimRod next Monday if he thinks that when you keep pounding the rock and it leads you to rock bottom, than don't you think it's time to change the hammer?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:34 am

moochman wrote:
dream_017 wrote:

NimRod has Monday press conferences at 1230 on the local sportsradio stations and I listen to them most weeks. The tone has turned really sour, last week Wob Parker even asked him if he thought he would be fired Monday! The answers that Numbnutz, er NimRod gives are getting more defensive and bizzare by the week. A qestion of DUIzon playing only garbage time was answered by saying that those were meaningful minutes to DUIzon and he blathered about the physical investment players have and the honor of the game or some other garbage. He clearly has no clue. I honestly think that the Bucs were protecting him and finally Gruden just said the heck with it, go ahead and get paid. Now we see that the only rock he's pounding is his head against the wall.

I want Wob to ask NimRod next Monday if he thinks that when you keep pounding the rock and it leads you to rock bottom, than don't you think it's time to change the hammer?

i usually catch the replay on 1270 on the way home...i should start going out to my car for lunch and tuning in

i'd love to ask him something about the lack of discipline (i.e. Baby Kitna taking his helmet off on the field after an INT, Baby Roy throwing his gloves) and if he was a true disciplinarian like a Tom Coughlin he'd suspend them...bet that would set him off :-b
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Santacruzer » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:39 pm

How would it feel to be a Lions backup right now!?! Not even good enough to take the field behind this group of turds.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Detroit Lions