edgerrin james? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

edgerrin james?

Moderator: Football Moderators

edgerrin james?

Postby sthomas0045 » Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:48 pm

is edgerrin's game going to be hindered by last year's injury?
sthomas0045
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bzabodyn » Sun Sep 01, 2002 10:15 pm

Of course he is going to be hindered, if not totally ruined by this injury - it's one, if not the, toughest injury to come back from and be productive in the following year....the question is: will he ever make through the first half of the season without it happening again?
bzabodyn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby terpfan » Sun Sep 01, 2002 10:22 pm

im not worried so much hat he will be hurt again as i am that he will just not play well because of the injury. either way, hes not his old self.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby The Big Robowski » Mon Sep 02, 2002 2:29 am

I remember watching the KC-Indy game when he got hurt last year, and he didn't seem to be responding the same way other guys with the same injury have responded at the time. The point being, inspite of the injury, i don't think there was as much collateral structural damage, which leads me to suspect he'll respond much more quickly to rehab. I would have liked to see him play a preseason game just to see him run/cut and see what kind of confidence he'll have in the knee. I think he'll be tentative for the first game, maybe two, then come on like gang busters. I'd pick him as the 5th back, behind Faulk/Green/Alexander/Tomlinson, and it'd still be a toss up between him and George/A. Thomas/Holmes. If you're picking early pass over him, if you're picking late, take him as a steal. I'd actually consider trading for him after watching him play in a game or two first.
The Big Robowski
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby SolarfluX » Mon Sep 02, 2002 4:24 am

No one has ever come back from an ACL injury the next year and put up the same or better numbers as the year before the injury.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

The Edge

Postby trentvaughn » Mon Sep 02, 2002 7:41 pm

James is the one back that might come back and have a great year. Although no one knows if he's the same, even if he's a 50/50 to come back, he's a 50/50 to be the best back in fantasy football this side of Marshall Faulk.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk