Return to Detroit Lions

K.I.S.S.

Moderator: Football Moderators

K.I.S.S.

Postby stomperrob » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:02 pm

Aha! A new plan of attack!!! :-B

Rod Marinelli plans to simplify offense
BY NICHOLAS J. COTSONIKA • FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER • October 7, 2008

The Lions pared down former offensive coordinator Mike Martz's passing attack entering the season. Now coach Rod Marinelli thinks they should pare it down again.

"I feel like we're a little bit scattered right now, and that's why I'm going to pull back," Marinelli said Monday at his weekly news conference. "I think when you're not doing anything well, you kind of pull back and just go right back to the very basics."

Marinelli wants to get back to what the Lions did well in the exhibition season -- running the ball with play-action passes, rollouts and bootlegs.

The Lions apparently will scrap the no-huddle offense they added over the bye week. They looked confused and disorganized when they tried to run it in Sunday's 34-7 loss to Chicago.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.freep.com/article/20081007/S ... 9/SPORTS01
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: K.I.S.S.

Postby moochman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:44 am

He has no idea. Not a one. NimRod is so clueless about how to coach 'em up on O that he thougt a week of practice could make a team proficient at no huddle O that most teams simply refuse to run because of the difficulties coordinating all the players. Now after one week he is scrapping it and going to a more 'basic' O. I guess part of that brilliant strategy will be to run Smith and Johnson more. Hmm, proven way to beat the Vikes, eh?

Effin' NimRod should be fired RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW!!!!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Detroit Lions