O'Sullivan's Looming Fantasy Upgrade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

O'Sullivan's Looming Fantasy Upgrade

Moderator: Football Moderators

O'Sullivan's Looming Fantasy Upgrade

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:33 pm

For the last few days, I have been hearing frequently that the 49ers are definitely buyers as we move towards the trade deadline. Latest rumors have been that San Fran and Mike Martz have been actively pursuing both TJ Housh and Roy Williams - impending free agents. I was hoping to post this article earlier, but Rotoworld beat me to the punch.

Dayton Daily News wrote:The NFL trading deadline is 4 p.m. Oct. 14 and trade rumors are starting to run rampant throughout the league and the Cincinnati Bengals appear to be headliners.
T.J. Houshmandzadeh.jpg

Rumor has it that the San Francisco 49ers could have interest in acquiring Bengals WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh, who will become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season.

According to a league source, Houshmandzadeh’s name has come up quite frequently during conversation at Niners headquarters in recent weeks. Apparently, 49ers offensive coordinator Mike Martz is enamored with Houshmandzadeh and may have learned some positive things about the receiver from a member of the Zampese family who Martz remains close to.

The 49ers are looking to upgrade the receiver position opposite veteran Isaac Bruce and are expected to do so by the trading deadline. The acquisition of Houshmandzadeh would provide the team with more firepower in the passing game.

According to the source, the Niners organization is also expected to make contact with the Detroit Lions regarding the availability of receiver Roy Williams, who has been the subject of trade talk for months.

Supposing the 49ers make some acquisition before the deadline, other than the sacks, I suppose JTO receives quite the bump in value, especially if they land TJ or RW in a Mike Martz offense. Agree?
Fade2White12
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: O'Sullivan's Looming Fantasy Upgrade

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:54 pm

You'd have to bump JT in either case, but I can't remember the last time a player of TJ Housh's status moving during the season. This ain't baseball. As a JTO owner, I'd be all for it though.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Postby u_fig_eater » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:45 pm

It's a little too early...I think Roy Williams is the more likely candidate at this point, with the Lions being in greater disarray after firing Millen. Cincy really hasn't made any desperation moves in terms of unloading talent or firing people...unless you count them getting rid of Rudi Johnson.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby woodson_28 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:24 am

So, what WR's should I be looking at, if Roy Williams or TJ is traded?

C. Henry in CIN

? in DET. Furrey?
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:02 pm

I'd say Shaun McDonald has more value than Mike Furrey. Before this week's games, McDonald was second on the team in targets only to Calvin Johnson.

While Chris Henry's field time would jump if Ocho Cinco got traded, I would prefer to pick up Antonio Chatman. He had 7 receptions last week. Henry may not be game-ready, while Chatman, I've read, thrives as a #3.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:21 pm

JTO has some nice matchups on the schedule coming up. I think his maturity within the system and the divisional games he has left are reason enough to give his value a bump. If they are able to grab Houshmazilli, this guy could be leading teams to the title.

Week 16 @ Stl.

If he is still healthy and starting, I would find it hard to believe that there are many better matchups than that.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby fantasizing » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:56 pm

Why on earth would Cincy trade Housh? their clear #1 WR ...........unless they get a 1st round draft pick or something......even that is not a fair trade for Cincy.......
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Popcynical » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:14 pm

Just as long as they don't go for Boldin...
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:16 pm

fantasizing wrote:Why on earth would Cincy trade Housh? their clear #1 WR ...........unless they get a 1st round draft pick or something......even that is not a fair trade for Cincy.......

Because he's a FA this offseason. Should they trade him, could speak to-
A) Whether they thought they'd be able to resign him;
B) The developments of the WRs behind him: Andre Caldwell, Jerome Simpson, Antonio Chatman, Glenn Holt
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Football Talk