For those of you who are 3-2 or less - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

For those of you who are 3-2 or less

Moderator: Football Moderators

For those of you who are 3-2 or less

Postby KK_Cowboy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:57 pm

Ok so it's been five weeks and obviously not all of us have gotten off to a 5-0 or even 4-1 start. For those of you who are 3-2 or less, how do you feel aobut your team and your chances this year?

My team is only 3-2 right now, but I have scored the second most points in the league this year and have even scored more than one team who is undefeated right now. Lord knows things can change obviously, but I feel fairly confident in my team this year.
KK_Cowboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: For those of you who are 3-2 or less

Postby Popcynical » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:02 am

I should be 4-1 in two leagues but because I benched Andre Johnson and my league doesn't count return TDs (Reggie) I lost by .6 of a point and am now 3-2.

I don't feel bad about my team because even though I'm in 4th I'm in second place in points.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:16 am

Sitting 2-3 right now Here's my draft's notable picks:

3. Brady :-t
22. Jacobs ;-D
27. Maroney :-t (Value probably ruined when Brady went down. It was a bit of a hedge against Brady in case NE went more balanced this year.)
46. Ronnie Brown ;-D
94. Chris Johnson ;-D
99. Bradshaw :-t
118. DeSean Jackson ;-D
142. Jake Delhomme (Warner was still there, but buried in the yahoo ranks. Still miffed about that one, but Delhomme has been coming around.)

The first three weeks were a disaster for my team, though I did manage to win in week 1 in spite of the Brady injury.

I feel good for the future as my core is
RB: Jacobs, Ronnie, Chris Johnson
WR: Holmes, Bowe, Jackson

Now I'm feeling really good about my top 3 RBs and my WRs have no shortage of upside.

Also grabbed O'Sullivan. It's a competitive 12 team league with 6 playoff spots so I'm still right in the thick of it, but my team took a massive hit in week 1. I've moved on emotionally by now, but there's no glossing over the fact that the worst thing that could possibly happen to a fantasy team happened to my team and it shows. It'll never be as good as it could have been, but you never know in H2H Fantasy. It's all about getting hot at the right time. In fantasy basketball 2 years ago I lost 2 of my top 3 picks (Amare Stoudemire and Chris Bosh), but I didn't give up and punted the big men cats (REBs, Blocks FG%) to sweep the little men cats (Points, 3Pts, Assists, STLs, FT%) and I rode that strategy to a league title.

Fantasy is all about adjusting on the fly and constantly maintaining whatever edge you can, especially in H2H where you can't just amass a big lead (like in Roto baseball) and coast home. I'll be scraping for every point I can and hopefully I can turn the Brady injury into the most unlikely, and therefore that much more gratifying, of fantasy titles. Anything can happen.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:04 am

I don't have much in the way of star power, but I have alot of depth. While all the other teams are devastated by byes, I'll pick up wins to get back into the race. Matt Hasselbeck hasn't made things easy, though.

I'm 1-4 in a seasonal league (strange rules favoring PR/KRs) and in a dynasty league (inherited bad team) and am still trying hard, so records mean nothing to me.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby 2ksports » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:29 am

My team is 3-2. I started 0-2 and won 3 straight.

Favre (via Palmer before the 6TD game)
Ronnie Brown, Reggie Bush, McGahee, T.Jones, C.Perry
Steve Smith (via Addai after week 3), Randy Moss (via Slaton before the 111 yard game), Chambers
Gates (via Bowe and Ward)
Prater (FA)
DEF (NYG)

I had 4 potential top 10 RBs and I turned 2 of them into Smith and Moss. I have the #2 and #3 backs in the league right now. I have 3 of the "five to fear" players (smith, moss, gates). Pretty happy right now.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Sgt. Apone » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:35 am

I'm 2-3 with the team in my sig, I'm #1 in points by 50 and if there's a move I should make I don't know what it is, I have been working the wire and picked up Lance Moore- I could use to move Braylon for a better WR but it's not going to happen with his value in the basement -I'm just hoping I actually win some games my three losses were all by less than 10 points
sig. by Deluxe
Sgt. Apone
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:26 am

In one of my league's I'm sitting at 2-3. Two of my losses have come from: 1) DeSean Jackson throwing the ball behind his back and not score, taking away a TD from McNabb and 2) Ferotte throwing that TD yesterday after getting knocked out. Lost those two games by a combined score of 4 points.

In my other league, I am yet again 2-3 and lost my week one matchup because T.Jax hit Berrian for a 5ish yard gain then threw a pick next play. I lost by .5 in that game and in week 3, I lost by 1.5 points because Westbrook game out of the game with that ankle injury.

So far luck just hasn't gone my way :-°
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:36 am

Eh, I lost to the 2 highest scoring teams in the league. Not much I can do there when my team plays poorly, or when Westy gets hurt in the 2nd quarter when my opponent had Cutler, MJD and Gore throwing up 20 points each.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Stelly » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:54 am

My team in my signature is 2-3. The team is fairly loaded in my opinion. In my league scoring I have a Top 10 QBs, 2 top 10 RBs, and 3 Top 10 WRs as my starters. Two of my three losses were to the high scoring team in the league that week. I have the most points scored against my team in the league by approx. 70 points. I'm in the top three scoring teams in the league.

In the end, I think it will work out. If not, the Fantasy Gods are against me. I think I have a very good team.
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bobbing_headz » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:45 am

I've only got one team less than 4-1 and it's at 3-2, and frankly I think it's pretty awful and I don't deserve to be there. The only reason I'm even in it is because Portis is a monster and my QB tandem of Big Ben/Rivers is pretty much carrying my team. Rest of it leaves a lot to be desired. Here's the team if you're curious:

QB: Ben, Rivers
RB: Portis, Edge, Perry, S. Morris, K. Jones
WR: Housh, Holt, Royal, Lloyd, Walter, Henderson, Bryant
TE: Cooley
Flex: Evans
K: Longwell
D: Tampa
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk