Week 7 Games Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 7 Games Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 7 Games Talk

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:09 am

Huge week in College Football
If USC-Ohio State week was big, this week is gargantuan.

Saturday features season-defining games for several conferences. The Big 12 has two games between undefeated teams, starting with the Red River Shootout and ending with Oklahoma State-Missouri. Texas, Oklahoma and the Tigers will battle for position in the national championship race. Quarterbacks Chase Daniel, Colt McCoy and Sam Bradford will look for separation in the Heisman race, and Oklahoma State is looking for a little more respect.

In the SEC, LSU looks to strengthen its case for the national title after losing ground to Missouri last week. The Tigers face a Florida team that is hoping to stay in the SEC race.

Here are the top five games to watch this week.

http://florida.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=860252
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 7 Games Talk

Postby ShoelessJoe » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:26 am

Definitely some big games with conference and national title implications.

If Missouri slips here it could be huge as they have the easiest road to the Big 12 Champ game only have to play Oklahoma St, Texas, and Kansas (of the Big 12 ranked teams). It will be interesting to see if Oklahoma St can keep Mizzou off the field with their running game and trying to control the clock.

The Penn St game is big too.

The Gator game isn't as big as people are making it IMO. If Florida losses, they're not out of the SEC east race, they just need Vandy to lose one SEC game. And if LSU losses they still control their own destiny in the SEC West.

Oh and I hear that these two teams named Oklahoma and Texas are playing too.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ShoelessJoe » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:51 pm

Wow, I just saw the over/under for the Missouri v Oklahoma St game... 80.5! Is it bad that I want to take the over? Each team has only scored less than 50 points once this season.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:53 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:Wow, I just saw the over/under for the Missouri v Oklahoma St game... 80.5! Is it bad that I want to take the over? Each team has only scored less than 50 points once this season.

Rice and Tulsa had the same over last week and it went over :-°

also, I don;t see either defense stopping the other. The only thing that could make it go under is if OK State grunds it out with there run game to takes time off the clock to keep mizzou off the field.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:04 pm

Note that Pinkel has a habit of "calling off the dogs" when games get out of hand. Missouri is more than capable of scoring more points than they have this year. I wouldn't look for an Okie State upset in that one.

Also, I think Oklahoma is going to handle Texas far more easily than Texas' rank may imply. They're a bit of a paper tiger this year, and not at all in OU's league, so to speak. Still, it's a rivalry game, so who knows what could happen. Safe money is on a reasonably easy OU win.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:19 pm

Wasn't sure to post this in a new thread or not, but Auburn has fired their offensive coordinator 8-o

Tony Franklin has been fired as Auburn’s offensive coordinator a source close to the program told the Opelika-Auburn News on Wednesday afternoon.

Franklin was hired in December of 2007, just a few days after then-AU offensive coordinator Al Borges was let go by head coach Tommy Tuberville.

http://www.oanow.com/oan/news/local/art ... tor/40169/
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:39 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Wasn't sure to post this in a new thread or not, but Auburn has fired their offensive coordinator 8-o

Tony Franklin has been fired as Auburn’s offensive coordinator a source close to the program told the Opelika-Auburn News on Wednesday afternoon.

Franklin was hired in December of 2007, just a few days after then-AU offensive coordinator Al Borges was let go by head coach Tommy Tuberville.

Geez! That was short lived. Wonder how much his book is going for now. As much as I bitch and moan about the Huskers, I would never REALLY advocate a firing this short into a tenure unless he's bangin' co-eds or some other dubius act.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:49 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Wasn't sure to post this in a new thread or not, but Auburn has fired their offensive coordinator 8-o

Geez! That was short lived. Wonder how much his book is going for now. As much as I bitch and moan about the Huskers, I would never REALLY advocate a firing this short into a tenure unless he's bangin' co-eds or some other dubius act.

I think Tuberville was felling the heat on himself because this is not the offense the Auburn fans want to see. Tuberville has been very good at Auburn, but has always seemingly been on the hot seat for some reason. Auburn came in as a fav in the SEC West and they have 2 losses in the SEC already, which means he feels the heat again.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby VaderFin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:54 pm

Great weekend of games. Can't wait.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:47 pm

Big ACC game tonight
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to College Football