Week 7 Games Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 7 Games Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 7 Games Talk

Postby ShoelessJoe » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:37 pm

Metroid wrote:Anybody know where to find the list of voters in that Harris Poll and how they voted? :-?

List of voters: http://www.pollspeak.com/data/Harris07-08.htm

Give me some time on how they voted and I'll find it, it's gotta be public information...
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:42 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:
Metroid wrote:Anybody know where to find the list of voters in that Harris Poll and how they voted? :-?

List of voters: http://www.pollspeak.com/data/Harris07-08.htm

Give me some time on how they voted and I'll find it, it's gotta be public information...

Sweet thanks man, I'm just really curious to see where that Utah voter put the other undefeated teams.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Daddymike59 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:56 pm

This will get ya close.
http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfootball/
2008 Harris Poll panelists:
Aillet, Bobby
Alberts, Trev
Aldridge, Denny
Arnsparger, Bill
Bartrum, Mike
Batten, Sammy
Bestwick, Dick
Biddle, Joe
Bishop, Blaine
Blake, Jeff
Brandt, Gil
Bruce, Earle
Buckner, Brentson
Carlin, Chris
Casciola, Bob
Cavagnaro, Charlie
Cleary, Michael
Collins, Tony
Copeland, Jim
Corrigan, Gene
Criqui, Don
Curci, Fran
Dann, Lori
Dawkins, Pete
Del Greco, Al
Dienhardt, Mark
Dohn, Brian
Donnelly, Boots
Dorsey, John
Duhé, Kevin
Dunlevy, Bob
Ealey, Chuck
Esiason, Boomer
Fehlberg, Rondo
Frederick, Bob
Gagliardi, Robert
Goldsmith, Fred
Grace, Mike
Grim, Bob
Grosscup, Lee
Hennings, Chad
Hicks, Tommy
Hines, Clarkston
Housel, David
Joe, J.J.
Johnson, Dr. Charles
Johnson, Scott
Jones, Robert
Kearney, Joe
Keech, Larry
Kerkhoff, Blair
Kern, Mike
Kramer, Roy
Kurtz, Jesse
Lachey, Jim
Lapides, George
Lawrence, David Leach, Bobby
Lessig, James
Lucas, Mike
Lude, Mike
Luicci, Tom
Luis, Cindy
Mallory, John
Mandich, Jim
Matthews, Loren
McConnell, Joe
McGee, Mike
McIlhenny, Lance
McLellan, Bill
Melick, Ray
Minko, John
Minter, Cedric
Moody, Darrell
Morse, Jim
Morton, Craig
Moss, Jack
Neverett, Tim
O'Brien, Denny
Paschall, David
Perles, George
Pinkett, Allen
Ponti, Gene
Preece, Steve
Prentice, Travis
Quinn, Pat
Richter, Pat
Robinson, Earle
Roda, Kenny
Sandusky, Jerry
Schiller, Harvey
Schmidt, Dr. Terry R.
Schneider, Paul
Sherrill, Jackie
Simpson, Corky
Smallwood, Irwin
Smigiel, Joe
Stephenson, Ron
Thalman, Budd
Tharp, Dick
Thomas, Thurman
Thulin, Ron
Toner, John
Trotman, Charlie
Urick, Max
Valdiserri, Roger
Vardell, Tommy
Vruggink, Jim
Wagner, Bob
Walden, Jim
White, Jack
Windegger, Frank
Wine, George
Yoshida, Hugh
Last edited by Daddymike59 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ShoelessJoe » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:00 pm

Hmmm, doesn't look like the Harris Poll Ballots (like the coaches' poll) come out until after the season is over from everything I've read.
(Sources: http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/2008 ... rris-poll/ http://www.fanblogs.com/harris_poll/005526.php)

Deeray, Where did you get your information that the Utah voter was a former Utah AD?

Interesting read I found when looking for this: Here's a breakdown of the two polls and 5 computer polls used for BCS (6th computer poll doesn't come out until Sunday): http://collegefootball.rivals.com/conte ... CID=863147
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:12 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:Hmmm, doesn't look like the Harris Poll Ballots (like the coaches' poll) come out until after the season is over from everything I've read.
(Sources: http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/2008 ... rris-poll/ http://www.fanblogs.com/harris_poll/005526.php)

Deeray, Where did you get your information that the Utah voter was a former Utah AD?

Interesting read I found when looking for this: Here's a breakdown of the two polls and 5 computer polls used for BCS (6th computer poll doesn't come out until Sunday): http://collegefootball.rivals.com/conte ... CID=863147

I don't know he voted for Utah. All I know is someone voted for Utah and there is one person on the panel that has something to do with Utah
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:48 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:Hmmm, doesn't look like the Harris Poll Ballots (like the coaches' poll) come out until after the season is over from everything I've read.

Ahh I see, that sucks. I'm curious to see if the person who voted Utah #1 had all undefeated at the top of his ballot...my guess is no. :-?

Wonder if he ranked BYU #2. :-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:31 pm

Metroid wrote:

Ahh I see, that sucks. I'm curious to see if the person who voted Utah #1 had all undefeated at the top of his ballot...my guess is no. :-?

Probably last because they are rivals :-b

Anyone remember when Spurrier used to vote for Duke number 1 every year in the preseason? Does he still do that :-?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:33 pm

Anyone watching College Football Live today?

Apperantly some OSU players want Boeckman back and are being vocal about it. Jake Ballard, the TE, said they need to split the snaps.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ShoelessJoe » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:25 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Probably last because they are rivals :-b

Anyone remember when Spurrier used to vote for Duke number 1 every year in the preseason? Does he still do that :-?

He always voted Duke #25 every week no matter what until they asked him to stop to maintain the integrity of the poll. He has since agreed.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Daddymike59 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:47 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Anyone watching College Football Live today?

Apperantly some OSU players want Boeckman back and are being vocal about it. Jake Ballard, the TE, said they need to split the snaps.

Despite the fact that Terrelle Pryor and the Ohio State offense hit rough seas last week -- and with one player suggesting a change -- it's clear that Todd Boeckman's ship has sailed.

Coach Jim Tressel yesterday stood firmly behind Pryor, the freshman quarterback he installed as the starter ahead of Boeckman four weeks ago.

No, he didn't have any second thoughts about playing Pryor. No, he doesn't have a scenario in mind for playing Boeckman.

"Do I feel okay about what we've done and what we're doing? Yeah," Tressel said.

On one hand, that's not exactly controversial. Pryor is 4-0 as a starter and engineered the winning drive in the final minutes at Wisconsin on Oct. 4.

But the offense struggled mightily Saturday against Purdue, managing 222 yards against a poor defense and failing to score a touchdown in a 16-3 win (the TD came on a blocked punt).

Pryor has accounted for progressively fewer total yards in each of his starts: 205 against Troy, 167 against Minnesota, 164 at Wisconsin and 124 last week.

At times, he has held onto the ball too long or tried too hard to make a play. Despite being more mobile than Boeckman, Pryor has been sacked more times per game in his starts (2.5) than Boeckman was in his (2.3).

Tight end Jake Ballard suggested that Boeckman might give the struggling passing game a boost. The Buckeyes are ranked 108th in the nation in pass offense, and Pryor threw for only 97 yards Saturday.

"The senior leadership that Todd brings to the table and just how he commands the huddle would definitely help us out," Ballard said, "and he could make some big throws for us. Terrelle could make some big throws for us, too, but he could also help us with running the ball. So I don't think the two-quarterback system would be a bad idea."

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to College Football