Ryan Grant's value?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ryan Grant's value??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ryan Grant's value??

Postby three_peat » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:10 pm

So with the slow start what is his value going forward?
three_peat
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ryan Grant's value??

Postby FatFoot » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:25 pm

Because of where he was drafted... I'd say it's terrible. He may be worth buying low, but only to put on your bench until he demonstrates that you should do otherwise.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:51 pm

As a newfound Grant owner, I overpaid for him.

After the wk4 games, I was stacked at RB but not very deep at WR. So, I packaged Thomas Jones, Le'Ron McClain and Isaac Bruce for Ryan Grant, Roddy White and Chansi Stuckey.

If I were to redo the trade, I'd send Jones and McClain for Grant and White- and hold the line there.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:39 pm

Grant is a buy low for me. I've watched a few shortcuts and Grant looks to be improving in each game.

Even in the games where he was running for like 20 yards on 15 carries, he had some carries where he looked like the RB he was last year. And you can't argue the fact that he IS still getting the majority of the carries in GB. Problem is they just don't seem to want to give him his 20 like last year when he was rolling. I expect that to change now that Atlanta has given them the wakeup they needed. Aaron Rodgers is not Tom Brady or Peyton Manning and they NEED a running game to support him.

Once they realize that they should not let Rodgers try to carry the team, I expect Grant to turn around and become a solid RB#2 with the potential to turn into a RB#1. This is a guy after all who ran for almost 100 yards on Minnesota on week 1 with a bad leg and with less than 15 carries.

With Seattle next up on the schedule, I think this may be the last opportunity you have to really buy Grant as low as he can be bought.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Maris09 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:41 pm

Kareighuis wrote:As a newfound Grant owner, I overpaid for him.

After the wk4 games, I was stacked at RB but not very deep at WR. So, I packaged Thomas Jones, Le'Ron McClain and Isaac Bruce for Ryan Grant, Roddy White and Chansi Stuckey.

If I were to redo the trade, I'd send Jones and McClain for Grant and White- and hold the line there.

You most certainly did not overpay for Grant.

Both of those are horrible deals for the guy getting the Jones/McClain side...
Maris09
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Azrael » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:42 pm

I don't know. I thought if Grant were going to bust out it would be against Atlanta. GB certainly can't stop the run and that lends to teams eating the clock up on you. They've given up a 100 yard rusher every game but Detroit. Although Seattle got gashed last week they certainly play much better at home so I wouldn't look for a breakout game for him there. His schedule is not very favorable either. Out of his last 10 fantasy matchups I don't particularly like @ Tenn, @Min, Chi, Car, @Jac, @Chi...Detroit is a waste Week 17.

While he did gain 92 yards against Min, 57 was on 1 run. Otherwise he was 11 for 35.

Alot of his games were signatured by long runs. I was looking at last year and over 1/3 of his runs (325 yards (I just added the "longs" in the games he started) came on 10 carries. That means that the rest of his carries he averaged about 3.5ypc. There may be more runs of 20+ buried in there. I just added up the longs from each game. He had 9 runs that were 23 yards or more from those longs. I'm willing to bet that that is an insanely high statistic for any RB, especially in 10 games started.

What you are seeing this year is the Ryan Grant without those long runs. He has one run over 14 yards in 5 games.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Maris09 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:26 pm

Azrael wrote:I don't know. I thought if Grant were going to bust out it would be against Atlanta.

Slightly misleading, as GB fell behind early against Atlanta and thus didn't run as much.
He did average 4.6 yards per attempt though, so that looks decent to me.

I agree with you completely about his schedule though, especially weeks 14-16.
Maris09
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby pfwygalways » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:51 pm

Maris09 wrote:
Azrael wrote:I don't know. I thought if Grant were going to bust out it would be against Atlanta.

Slightly misleading, as GB fell behind early against Atlanta and thus didn't run as much.
He did average 4.6 yards per attempt though, so that looks decent to me.

I agree with you completely about his schedule though, especially weeks 14-16.

Unfortunately they are going to continue shooting from behind all year with their def. secondary so banged up and them wanting to prove Rodgers worth. Grant will see 15 touches throughout with B. Jackson mixed in. And Jennings is emerging big time. Doesnt look to promising.
12 team/6pts TD/1pt 25yds pass/1pt 10yd r/r
08-09 Champ: Defending my title
QB Cutler
WR R. White, Welker, S. Holmes, D. Hester
RB M. Turner, S. Slaton, D. Brown, L Betts, L Maroney
M. Bush
TE Shockey
K Gotskowski
Def: Dal. (platoon likely)
pfwygalways
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby chchelse » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:04 pm

Perhaps this will help:

Per Rotoworld
Packers starting FB Korey Hall returned to full participation and is on track to return Sunday.
Hall, who hasn't played since Week 2 at Detroit, will be welcomed back with open arms by Ryan Grant.

I hope so......
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ssarmstro » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:51 am

[quote="Maris09"][quote="Kareighuis"]As a newfound Grant owner, I overpaid for him.

If I were to redo the trade, I'd send Jones and McClain for Grant and White- and hold the line there.[/quote]
You most certainly did not overpay for Grant.

Both of those are horrible deals for the guy getting the Jones/McClain side...[/quote]

I don't see that as a bad trade for the other team.

I see McClain as being simular to MJD. If your high on MJD you have to like McClian. He has been productive in everygame and had better numbers then Maghee in most cases with less carries. FYI he is producing better then Grant too!!
ssarmstro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk