Ryan Grant's value?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ryan Grant's value??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Ryan Grant's value??

Postby dgan » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:27 pm

The OLine better get it together. There are no holes to run through. This is supposed to be a zone blocking scheme, but there is never a cutback lane. Dlinemen are coming through unblocked on the backside, not allowing the RBs to cut upfield. This has been going on for several games now...not sure how this is happening since all these guys were running this scheme last year.

If there is a bright spot, it is that they did eventually figure it out last year after a similar start. Grant, IMO, is nothing special. Jackson is just as talented and productive when both are healthy. I've been trying to tell everyone this since Preseason that if both backs are healthy, Jackson is going to steal a lot of carries. Grant had the backfield to himself today and was very unimpressive...he had one good run where he looked fast and decisive.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Popcynical » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:09 pm

Azrael wrote:If I were a Grant owner that sneaking BS would annoy the crap out of me. 3 times now Rodgers has sneaked it in.

I'm a Grant owner in one league but a Rodgers owner in two. :-D
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:31 pm

In the past week, Ryan Grant has been traded twice in my leagues-
In a QB heavy redraft league, he was traded (from a team in need of QB help) for Kyle Orton and Steve Smith (NYG).
In the second trade, he was paired with Antonio Bryant for Braylon Edwards.

The moral of the posting- seems you can get another underperforming name-brand player or a high-performing generic guy for Ryan Grant. 'Course, if you've stuck with him this long, don't know if you'll move him now.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby dgan » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:54 pm

I have to admit I was wrong...or, I guess more accurately that I disagree with McCarthy. They gave Grant the ball a ton - I personally like Jackson. He's a second round pick with a nice all around game. Not the top end speed Grant has, but I think he runs with more quickness and power. Grant fits this zone blocking scheme...but not many RBs these days get 30+ carries in a game. I think they are stupid for not utilizing Jackson more...he's rotting away on the bench right now, not gaining any experience.

But Grant owners should be happy. Looks like McCarthy intends to use him as workhorse back as long as he's healthy...however long that will last at 30 carries per game.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Azrael » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:47 am

2 things I don't like about Grant really are his ypc and Rodgers thieving 1yd TDs. You play the 2 sieve run defenses back to back and gain 195 yards on 64 carries. And it's not like these teams are stacking the box on him. Not with the weapons GB has outside. Now the schedule gets dramatically more difficult. I wouldn't expect anything close to last year's production.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Previous

Return to Football Talk