Trade value list - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trade value list

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade value list

Postby mdamics » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:02 pm

Does anyone know of a good trade-value or overall-value rankings list?

Obviously it's easy to get weekly rankings, including here, but I'm looking for something that isn't week and position specific. Basically the perceived value of the top players, at this point in the season, regardless of position. I know Yahoo! does a "Big Board" on Thursdays, but do you guys know any others?
mdamics
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade value list

Postby mdamics » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:58 pm

Nothing, eh?
mdamics
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby spodog » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:12 pm

These guys do a ranking based upon anticipated value from this point in the season forward, refreshed every Friday. You have to do a little work to register and put in the players you are interested in projecting, however:

http://www.draftanalyzer.com/
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 2ksports » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:29 pm

I do all my trades based on watching football games and seeing

1) how players get the ball
2) how players get their yards
3) how strong / fast / agile they look

After week 2 of 2007, I was able to acquire Ronnie Brown and Adrian Peterson with a combination of Caddilac Williams, Joey Galloway, and Cedric Benson because the other owners were too involved in stats and based on rankings, Peterson was still not high enough to tilt the draft analyzer at that time. Brown was like droppable. I actually got Brown in every single league, and if it wasn't for the freak injury, I would have won most of them.

if you don't have time to watch the games, try NFL.com, they got a ton of videos. It's pretty obvious who's in a slump and who's overperforming when you see them play, so you can win alot of those buy low deals with a little bit of film.

I did this and offered Addai for Steve Smith, and Slaton for Randy Moss. Yet to see how that will work out, but I'm pretty sure Addai is not a top 25 player this year and is just in a good offense.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby mdamics » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:45 pm

All true. I was actually looking for this to talk people into trades as much as anything. I definitely spend my Sundays watching football, but it's always good to know where the "community" thinks guys are vs. where I think they are. Gives me another opinion and sometimes a convincer when I'm trying to nab a player below value.

I do appreciate you taking the time to respond, though. Thanks
mdamics
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mdamics » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:53 pm

I just came across another list and thought I'd share, since this post has such high view-to-post numbers. Looks like people are interested.

Brad Funston's Yahoo! Big Board (one I originally mentioned):
http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Shuffle-Up-and-Deal-NFL-ranks-rest-of-season;_ylt=AgG1sOs8kyTi74gwG.R8k4l0ucIF?urn=fantasy,113577

Scott Pianowski's Shuffle Up and Deal (at Roto Arcade)
http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Shuffle-Up-and-Deal-NFL-ranks-rest-of-season;_ylt=AgG1sOs8kyTi74gwG.R8k4l0ucIF?urn=fantasy,113577
mdamics
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk