Adam "Pacman" Jones (CIN)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Adam "Pacman" Jones (CIN)

Postby stomperrob » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:45 pm

Dallas Cowboys' Adam Jones involved in altercation
07:08 PM CDT on Wednesday, October 8, 2008
By CALVIN WATKINS / The Dallas Morning News
cwatkins@dallasnews.com

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam Jones got into an altercation with one of his security guards at the Joule Hotel in downtown Dallas on Wednesday morning, according to Dallas Deputy Chief Vince Golbeck, who is a commander of the central patrol division.

Jones was having dinner at the hotel when a dispute occurred. Chief Golbeck said he believed Jones was staying at the hotel and may have been drinking.

Jones didn't comment about the incident.

The Cowboys also had no comment.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... b836d.html
Last edited by stomperrob on Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pacman up to old tricks???

Postby mattpullman » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:07 pm

What if he was traded to the Bengals with another player for TJ Houshmadzadeh. Oh man, that would be awesome.
QB Orton/Flacco
WR Calvin
WR Nicks
WR Crabtree/Dez/MW
RB Rice
RB Charles
TE Finley/Zach Miller/Hernandez
W/R McCoy
W/R Blount/BJGE
mattpullman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 4)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:07 am

More:

Posted on Thu, Oct. 09, 2008
Dallas Cowboys' Adam 'Pacman' Jones involved in hotel fight; punishment by NFL 'unlikely'
By MAC ENGEL and CLARENCE E. HILL Jr.tengel@star-telegram.com
chill@star-telegram.com

IRVING — Troubled Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones was in a physical confrontation with his bodyguards at a Dallas hotel Tuesday evening, according to multiple sources, putting his future with the Cowboys in jeopardy.

Jones punched his bodyguard Tommy Jones in the bathroom of the Joule Hotel leading to a fight before both men were separated, several sources said.

Police were called to the scene, but no charge was filed, and neither the hotel nor the Cowboys would comment.

"I don’t have any comment," said Jones’ agent, Worrick Robinson, who is based in Nashville. "I don’t have any knowledge that anything happened. I’ve done my due diligence and I’m not satisfied that anything happened with Adam Jones. I know there are rumors. I haven’t put any stock into any of these rumors except they are just rumors."

con't...

rest of article: http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/962464.html
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby shagworth » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:25 pm

I don't think there is any way Goodell can let this one slide...Jerry Jones is of course going to try and cover this up, and make it look like nothing happened, which the Dallas police will probably go along with.
Props to soty for the sig!
shagworth
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby jfg » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:04 pm

What can Goodell do? Nothing, IMO.
jfg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shagworth » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:55 pm

jfg wrote:What can Goodell do? Nothing, IMO.

Suspend him indefinately? Have you missed the last two years?
shagworth
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tbagz » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:46 pm

I don't think Gooddell can do anything unless Adam Jones is officially charged with something.
i still hate the steelers...
tbagz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby shagworth » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:05 pm

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones today will decide what action, if any, to take against Adam "Pacman" Jones, stemming from an altercation in a Dallas hotel bathroom between the cornerback and a personal bodyguard hired by the Cowboys.

The incident happened Wednesday morning, hours before a previously scheduled team meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. Roger Goodell, in statements made by Roger Goodell Wednesday in San Antonio, spoke highly of what had been Jones' compliance with a strict policy instituted by Roger Goodell for dealing with player misconduct.

Adam Jones has been under the close watch of Roger Goodell, having been arrested six times for various off-field incidents since being a first-round draft pick of the Tennessee Titans in 2005.

Jones sat out the entire 2007 season serving a suspension imposed by Roger Goodell for multiple violations of Goodell's player personal conduct policy. The cornerback was reinstated by Roger Goodell when he signed this season with the Cowboys. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

Once Roger Goodell is briefed on the situation by league and Cowboys team officials, Roger Goodell will decide whether the league will take any disciplinary action. Roger Goodell Roger Goodell Roger Goodell. What action Roger Goodell will take, and whether the action by Goodell will spell the end of the career of Adam "Pacman" Jones, remains to be seen.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6698 ... er-goodell
shagworth
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FFslacker » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:12 pm

Good god man, how many times do they have to spell out Roger Goodell in that article? :-b
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby stomperrob » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:36 pm

Posted on Fri, Oct. 10, 2008 l
Dallas Cowboys’ 'Pacman’ Jones could avoid suspension from NFL
By MAC ENGELtengel@star-telegram.com

IRVING — Despite walking on a high wire of skepticism and overdrawn from his benefit-of-the-doubt account, Adam "Pacman" Jones might escape his latest incident with not much more than a rough couple of days of bad publicity and another mark on his rap sheet.

Because there is no formal charge against Jones after his incident Tuesday night at a Dallas hotel, it might provide the out Jones and the Dallas Cowboys need to avoid his suspension by the NFL.

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said he plans to have Jones in the lineup in Sunday’s road game against the Arizona Cardinals.

The cornerback talked with NFL personnel late Thursday afternoon. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello did not specify when a decision could be made.

"I don’t know about a timeline, but I think they’d view it very seriously. Very seriously," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said. "I know firsthand they do because the commissioner was counting on me, and he certainly is counting on me to really manage this."

con't...

rest of article: http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/964787.html
stomperrob

Next

Return to Football Talk