Return to Football Talk

Adam "Pacman" Jones (CIN)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Adam "Pacman" Jones

Postby stomperrob » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:47 pm

Jerry Jones: Adam Jones reinstated, is eligible to play Dec. 7
4:57 PM Wed, Nov 19, 2008
Rob Stroope

DMN Cowboys beat reporter Brian Davis, attending the Final Four announcement, reports that Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said that suspended cornerback Adam Jones has been cleared to return to practice next Monday and will be eligible to play Dec. 7 at Pittsburgh.

Jones said the cornerback could return to the facility later this week.

Jones also said the league is expected to make the announcement either tonight or tomorrow.

"I think he's done what he was asked to do," Jones said, "and as anybody that understands the kinds of things that you deal with to get better, it's probably going to be an ongoing thing. I do know that he does have a good sense of where he is, and we could benefit from that."

Jones said the Cowboys would have a roster exemption for the next two weeks and Jones will not have to be added to the 53-man roster until the Pittsburgh game.

con't...

rest of article: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archi ... tated.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pacman up to old tricks - Update, reinstated - returns Dec 7

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:38 pm

To the guy that said " Good God man how many times do you have to spell out Roger Goodell in one article." Yeah I nearly choked to death from laughing. I read what you wrote then looked up at the article and this is what i saw.

Roger Goodell Roger Goodell Roger Goodell Roger Goodell Roger Goodell
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Re: Pacman up to old tricks - Update, reinstated - returns Dec 7

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:30 pm

NFL Network just announced he has been cut by the Cowboys.

January 7, 2009
Cowboys cut Adam Jones
5:24 PM Wed, Jan 07, 2009
Todd Archer

The Adam Jones' experiment is over.

The Cowboys will release Jones on Friday, the first day teams are allowed to waive players, severing ties with the oft-troubled player and leaving the sixth overall pick in the 2005 NFL draft without a job again.

The Cowboys acquired Jones from Tennessee last April for a fourth-round pick while he was under league suspension for multiple violations of the personal conduct policy. He was fully reinstated on Aug. 28 by the league after he was allowed to participate in the organized team activities, training camp and preseason games.

But he could not stay out of trouble for long and was suspended six games by the league after getting into a fight with a team-issued bodyguard at a Dallas hotel in October. The move cost Jones roughly $247,000 as well as roster and workout bonuses totaling $1.35 million over the next two years.

Because of the in-season suspension, the Cowboys will receive the Titans' fifth-round pick, and they will also gain $1 million in salary-cap space for 2009. Had Jones made it through the season without getting in trouble, the Cowboys would have had to send a sixth-round pick to the Titans this year to complete the trade.

con't...

rest of article: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Re: Pacman up to old tricks - Update Jan 7 - cut by Cowboys

Postby joejlitz » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:42 pm

Damn! He's been nothing but a liability on that team this year. When I heard he was starting in Week 17 against the Eagles, I was ecstatic, because I knew he's screw something up. He did. Fumbled a return, we got the ball and got points.

I wish he was staying with DAL and I would love to see DAL defensive stats with and without Pacman. I'm betting they were better without.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby sublimeandy » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:00 pm

Pacman Jones-DB- Cowboys Jan. 7 - 8:20 pm et

ESPN's John Barr reports that Adam "Pacman" Jones was released late Wednesday because the Cowboys had learned of new allegations against him that Jones did not disclose to the team.
Barr, an Outside the Lines reporter, informed the Cowboys that three Atlanta men are accusing Jones of arranging a hit on them two months after his one-year suspension in 2007. The incident also took place after a Las Vegas incident involving Jones that left a security guard paralyzed. Police aren't actively investigating the new allegations, but the case remains open.

will they please ban this child from the nfl for life. this guy is a menace to society and should be in prison.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby joejlitz » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:41 am

In an interview I saw with Pacman and Steven A. Smith about a week ago, or an article I read (can't remember which), Pacman coyly said that Jerry Jones would bring him back. I remember thinking at the time, what a jerk - even if Jerry Jones does bring you back, you don't put that out there for the world to hear. Now with this emphasis on locker room chemistry and the possible release of TO, I wonder what is going through Pacman's mind.

*teed it up, somebody smash it out of the park*
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:18 am

The Lions are looking to add another winner to their winning organization :-o :

Lions eyeing Pacman Jones

Daily News Wire Services

Adam "Pacman" Jones is getting looks from NFL teams again.
Detroit coach Jim Schwartz said that the Lions are gathering more information about Jones' level of commitment and how he could fit in the Lions' system. Detroit is among a few teams that worked out Jones last week in New Orleans.

"Not only did we send someone down there to work him out, but also someone to spend some time with him," Schwartz said. "I wouldn't say anything's imminent, but we're definitely interested and gathering information."

Rest of Article:
Philadelphia Daily News
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby moochman » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:24 pm

A report surfaced this morning that free agent cornerback Pacman Jones had "agreed to terms'' with the Detroit Lions and would join the team next week.

However, according to a source close to the situation, the team has not reached any agreement with Jones. Another source called it "way off base.''

This reported from Lions beat writer Tom 'Killer' Kowalski on MLive.com http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2010/03/pacman_jones_to_lions_source_s.html

Agreeing to terms is not an agreement, so the Lions basicly issued a non-denial denial. Knowing the Lions, if they can figure a way to pay him more than any other losing team would, Pacman will be a Lion. As long as they include a clause that will release them from the contract the first time Pacman gets into trouble I have no issue with signing him. We have no CBs, so he improves the team just by suiting up. Even if he has nothing left to offer (a real possibility considering how long he has been out of the game) that will still be an improvement.
the only thing that would bother me with siging him is that it may prevent them from drafting a CB.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby joejlitz » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:12 am

moochman wrote:We have no CBs, so he improves the team just by suiting up. Even if he has nothing left to offer (a real possibility considering how long he has been out of the game) that will still be an improvement.

That sucks. You know he spent last offseason in a Pros vs. Joes uniform? :-*
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby moochman » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:12 pm

joejlitz wrote:
moochman wrote:We have no CBs, so he improves the team just by suiting up. Even if he has nothing left to offer (a real possibility considering how long he has been out of the game) that will still be an improvement.

That sucks. You know he spent last offseason in a Pros vs. Joes uniform? :-*

So did most of the Lions secondary. LOL.

For the record, I find it hard to imagine that not playing football for as long as Jones has missed will not prove to be Pacman's undoing. It is just so hard to get the timing back in this sport after you've been away.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk