Roy Williams Traded (OFFICIAL) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Roy Williams Traded (OFFICIAL)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Roy Williams Traded (OFFICIAL)

Postby LeftOfNormal » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:49 am

Wed, Oct 8 Carlos Holmes, of the Dayton Daily News, reports the San Francisco 49ers are expected to make contact with the Detroit Lions regarding WR Roy Williams, according to a source.
(KFFL)

Roy getting traded would be great news for those of us who own him. The guy's too good to not be a #1 somewhere.

Any Lions or 9ers fans heard any updates?
LeftOfNormal
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Roy Williams Trade

Postby shawngee03 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:21 am

if he does get traded to SF does his value increase dramtically? i have a trade offer for him and id like to pull the trigger on speculation if he will then be a beast again
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby FatFoot » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:24 am

Hmmmm nevermind. Rethought that. :) Carry on.
Last edited by FatFoot on Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:24 am

I think the Lions are clearly trying to trade Mal (Malcontent Roy Williams). They have not said they wouldn't trade him, have said they would like 2 #1 (must remember to the Lions a 1st rnd pick isn't worth as much as it is to other franchises) and they can't resign him.

I sure hope they can work something out. Mal deserves to play on a team that has some clue and Martz is respected or feared enough that Mal will play more enthusiasticly.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby LeftOfNormal » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:23 am

shawngee03 wrote:if he does get traded to SF does his value increase dramtically? i have a trade offer for him and id like to pull the trigger on speculation if he will then be a beast again

I think it absolutely does, he would be the man wherever he went.
LeftOfNormal
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby AngryLionsFAn » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:39 am

Any speculation on what they may be offering Detroit? I'm a Lions fan (if the SN didn't already tell ya that), and honestly I think we need to get rid of him. He's becoming a locker room cancer, he's dropping the ball, and he's simply being overshadowed by CJ. If by some miracle Detroit finds a competent QB and installs a GOOD Offensive Coordinator next year there's no reason they can't be sucessful with CJ, Shaun McDonald, and Mike Furrey. I know Roy has lots of potential, but it's just being wasted in Detroit. All I can say is Detroit better not draft another FKing WR in the 1st round as his "replacement"!
AngryLionsFAn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:50 am

hopefully they can trade him...gotta think a 2nd rounder is the best they can hope for, a 3rd more likely. he knows the Martz system so it seems like a good fit on paper.
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kilroy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:11 pm

San Francisco has been "rumored" to be in contact with like 43 teams regarding Wideouts. :-B

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby 2ksports » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:43 pm

Miami should be all over this. They are well-stocked with two 2nd round picks next year. Give 1 up for Roy Williams imo.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:18 pm

2ksports wrote:Miami should be all over this. They are well-stocked with two 2nd round picks next year. Give 1 up for Roy Williams imo.

I think the fins have bigger concerns than their WRs. They have an interesting young corps right now where many look like they could become diamonds in the rough. And this is more about SF going after a WR not Det trying to trade one. As another thread rumored Hous as a possible trade option to SF.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Next

Return to Football Talk