Thoughts on L.T. - The Good and Bad - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Thoughts on L.T. - The Good and Bad

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thoughts on L.T. - The Good and Bad

Postby Theshow234 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:57 am

The past few days I was filled with both being worried and excited at the same time. The reason being, I just received LT for a pretty lop-sided trade. I got him for Burress and Fargas. I first thought that this might be a dumb move since I have, T.J., Megatron, Holmes, and Desean Jackson. So me giving up Burress meant that I would no longer have a for sure #1 / #2 WR week in and week out. Then again, I would be getting LT, the best RB for the past few years, the only problem, his toe... My RB's are extremely solid, I have Grant, Addai, Slaton, and Forte, so I didn't think it was worth giving up Burress just to get LT, a position I didn't really need. I thought long and hard but realized, how could you pass a deal up this good, to have a superstar like L.T. I have thought long and hard about how L.T. will perform for the rest of the season, read a lot of different articles, and looked at what people have said on this forum. This is what I came up with:

L.T. is currently suffering from "toe turf," which is a lot more serious than you would have thought. Most people don't know this, but without proper rest, this could POTENTIALLY end your career, it was the main reason why Deion Sanders ended his. Like L.T. said, it would need up to 3 weeks to fully recover, this puts San Diego in an iffy position. I doubt Norv Turner has the actual balls to tell L.T. that he won't be playing again till his toe fully recovers. That would mean, he would sit out the next game against the Patriots, then the Bills and then finally the Saints, followed up with a bye week. That would give him a full 4 weeks to recover, something that I think he could do... But the fact remains, San Diego is 2-3, sitting their best player is not really an option, or is it? The Chargers really should be 4-1 right now, maybe even 5-0 with the horrible loss last week. Its just too bad they don't have the luxury of losing a few games, they need to win, and they need to win now. I am not really sure as to where I stand on the whole, sit LT for the next 4 weeks or let him keep playing. But if you let L.T. keep playing and make him suffer though this injury, it means, give him the ball 20+ carries a game like he always has, not 10, not 5, not 15, but at least 20. If L.T. cannot carry the ball that many times or Turner doesn't think he should, then why the hell is he even playing? Is it just me or does everyone else think that the Chargers are making the most stupid decision they could possibly make. If L.T. can't be LT and get enough carries, put him on the bench so that he can fully recover and play like he should, not have him be useless and not let his injured toe recover. You currently have Rivers playing unbelievable and at this point in time, with the way Sproles has been playing and you have a powerful back in Hester, sitting L.T. for the next 4 weeks might be a good option. I believe if they sat L.T for the next 3 games, they would still be able to beat the Pats, and at least beat either the Saints or the Bills with Edwards being out. They would be able to go 2-1 and maybe even 3-0, so they would be sitting at 4-4 going into the bye week with an easy schedule coming up. The problem is, Turner isn't smart enough to do this nor is his entire coaching staff, they will probably let L.T. start, realize he isn't up to getting the ball more than 10 times, take him out, put him back in when he has cold feet on a huge 4th and short situation, and hope he pulls through, I mean c'mon, are you kidding me? Since Turner is more than likely going to be doing what I just said, I think if we ever see L.T. play through an injury and show actual signs of redeeming himself and playing like the true star he is, its going to be this coming Sunday Night. I believe L.T.'s true potential and how hurt he actually is will be shown this week on national television. I say this for a few reasons. L.T. absolutely hates the New England Patriots. This game is also going to be shown on Sunday night, with Al Michaels / John Madden commentating the game, who wants Madden talking about how you have lost it and that he is no longer the superstar he once was, LT sure in hell doesn't. This is whats going to happen, L.T. is going to go in the game giving it his all. He is going to do 1 of 2 things.
1. He is going to play the entire game, grab 20+ carries, break at least 75+ yards along with at least 1 TD, and show everyone that he still has it in him.
2. He realizes when the game starts that he isn't himself, realizes he most likely won't break at least 50+ yards / score a TD, and takes himself out of the game. You have to remember, L.T. is a bit of a baby when it comes to injuries and loves proving to everyone how good he really is, if he sees that it isn't going to happen, he doesn't want to get 20+ carries and have a horrible game, he won't be able to live with it.

Therefore, I believe, that #1 is going to happen. I may be completely wrong, but thats my opinion on the whole thing. If L.T. goes out early, I am going to be VERY worried and would advise every single person to try and get as much as you can for L.T. and run. If he goes with #1, then you know what to do. But, if Turner somehow becomes somewhat intelligent over the next few days and decides to sit L.T. till they play the Chiefs [5 weeks from now], I would say hold onto L.T. and don't trade him off for anything, because when he is fully recovered, he is the reason as to why the Chargers make the playoffs and why all you guys win our Leagues. Remember, Weeks 14-15 he has great matchups [Raiders than Chiefs].

Thoughts / comments / flaming would be appreciated.
Theshow234
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Thoughts on L.T. - The Good and Bad

Postby Sex Panther » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:33 am

The thing about LT & his toe is this - noone is reawlly saying what it is. Some FF sites are claiming "Turf Toe" others are saying it's a jammed toe.

I'm no doctor, but I'm fairly certain there is a big difference beween the 2.

In leighman's terms -

Doesn't turf toe imply your toe gets bent back too far? Almost like a hyperextension. There is often ligament damage, and in severe cases requires surgery.

Doesn't a jammed toe imply your toe gets pushed in too far? And is more of a nuisance than anything?

Just like I'm not a doctor, I'm not a professional athlete, I have little to no experience with these type of injuries, however, as a fantasy owner of LT, I for one, would love to know exactly what is wrong with LT before I make any rash decisions - 1 way or another.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager