Best Fantasy Football Columnist? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best Fantasy Football Columnist?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Best Fantasy Football Columnist?

Postby LynahFaithful » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:58 am

So... who do you think is the best fantasy football columnist on any website? Who has the best rankings, articles, etc...

For me... I hate to say it but Eric Karabell with ESPN doesn't seem to be that bad.
LynahFaithful
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Best Fantasy Football Columnist?

Postby Warpigs » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:57 pm

I'd say the best fantasy football columnists are the "chinstrap ninjas" at http://www.chinstrapninjas.com Of course, I'm a little biased.

I always liked Matthew Berry for some reason. Seems fairly down to earth, and takes time to personally answer e-mails, which is cool.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby uncabomb » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:17 pm

Matthew Berry. Hands down. So many ppl give him shi* bc he'll tackle the tough calls and make daring calls. He might be wrong but being great means you'll have enemies. I love it that ppl hate them bc they lost one week based on his calls. It's football. Who knows what will happen. And I love it that he loves it. Cool guy. Funny too and very knowledgeable. He makes some weird picks but has reasoning for every one of them.
uncabomb
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Guru13 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:23 am

Warpigs wrote:I'd say the best fantasy football columnists are the "chinstrap ninjas" at http://www.chinstrapninjas.com Of course, I'm a little biased.

I always liked Matthew Berry for some reason. Seems fairly down to earth, and takes time to personally answer e-mails, which is cool.

Berry's problem is that he doesn't know anything...my vote goes for WP. ;-)
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby 2ksports » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:31 am

karabell is far better than berry at football. Berry is the god of basketball though.

i still remember when karabell made the call to not only pick up willie parker, but to start him week 1 of his rookie year. he's been money so many times.

berry seems more knowledgeable from the way he writes, but then the week goes by and you look back and realize almost all his calls were wrong (or barely right). He'll give himself a "good call" if some RB he chose scored more than 12 fantasy points... Berry has guts, but that doesn't make him accurate. He is all stats, no substance. Not once have I heard Berry mention watching a game and basing a projection off of how a player looks on the field, which is one of hte most important factors.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby joejlitz » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:37 am

Excuse my ignorance, guys - but who do Berry and Karabel write for so I can check em out?
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Guru13 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:18 am

joejlitz wrote:Excuse my ignorance, guys - but who do Berry and Karabel write for so I can check em out?

ESPN
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby The Lung » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:11 pm

My article on many fantasy football columnists (from January of this year) can be viewed here. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:22 pm

The Lung wrote:My article on many fantasy football columnists (from January of this year) can be viewed here. ;-D

I was going to drop a promotion for you here, but you beat me to it! :-b
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk