Week 7 QB's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 7 QB's

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 7 QB's

Postby Metroid » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:35 am

Daddymike59 wrote:Met said:
Uhhhh kinda....the better freakin' call was by everyone else who said to go with Juice Williams though

True enough. I guess I'm still carrying a grudge :-X My judgement was clouded by the fact that Minnesota's pass defense is 103 out of 120 whereas Oklahoma is 32nd. My bad.

What Colt did in real life against Oklahoma was by far more impressive. Juice just had a better fantasy output. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Daddymike59 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:27 pm

Met said:
What Colt did in real life against Oklahoma was by far more impressive. Juice just had a better fantasy output.

I didn't realize that we were talking about fantasy output. I'm still having a hard time adjusting to College FF.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm

Daddymike59 wrote:Met said:
What Colt did in real life against Oklahoma was by far more impressive. Juice just had a better fantasy output.

I didn't realize that we were talking about fantasy output. I'm still having a hard time adjusting to College FF.

I'm pretty sure a fantasy question is what started this thread...I didn't go back in check though so maybe I'm mistaken. :-B

But yeah I've never played fantasy college ball either. :-?

Dude ESPN has some sort of scrabble championship on right now. :-S
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Daddymike59 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:59 pm

Met said:
Dude ESPN has some sort of scrabble championship on right now.

I'm all over that.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby knapplc » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:32 pm

Yeah, this was about fantasy points, and I think although it turned out that McCoy was NOT the better fantasy play, that's a tenuous distinction at best. From the highlights I saw, McCoy threw several passes that went long but the WR was just barely tackled before the goal line, and the RB ran it in from there. McCoy's line could have been far better, and several of us could have really steered the OP wrong.

I'd like an update to see who the OP went with, and how his game turned out.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:34 pm

knapplc wrote:Yeah, this was about fantasy points, and I think although it turned out that McCoy was NOT the better fantasy play, that's a tenuous distinction at best. From the highlights I saw, McCoy threw several passes that went long but the WR was just barely tackled before the goal line, and the RB ran it in from there. McCoy's line could have been far better, and several of us could have really steered the OP wrong.

I'd like an update to see who the OP went with, and how his game turned out.

I was going to say, it wasn't as bad as everyone said it was going to be and McCoy could have had at least 12 extra points from 2 TDs
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby quiksilver » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:45 pm

College FF is a bit of a reach, but it's easily the most fun league I've ever been in!

After this thread I went with Juice, who put up a lazy 30 fantasy points. Hit-or-miss Freeman had 42 points (aided by 95 rushing yards, 4 TD's). McCoy would have got me 20 against the Sooners. Last option, Robert Griffin, got 30 points as well.

Couldn't have gone wrong either way as it turned out. Rolled with Juice until about Week 11, when I went with Freeman-- who ended up with 13 points. Came back to Freeman again this week for another 40+ point performance. Yeah, my QB's tend to be unpredictable.
quiksilver
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to College Football