Why you start Slaton this week - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Why you start Slaton this week

Moderator: Football Moderators

Why you start Slaton this week

Postby Theshow234 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:49 pm

Alright I guess I have to convince you a little bit more as to why you start Slaton.

Do you remember what Slaton did against the #1 defense [Titans]. He only had I believe 16 carries for 115 yards, with another 40-50 receiving yards. I don't care what people are saying that Miami has a good rush defense and that they have only given up the 3rd least points to RB. I consider Houston to easily be the best 0-4 team, their defense is suspect but their offense is explosive and is starting to play well together. Schaub is back, Johnson is back to playing how he should, Kevin Walters is starting to prove himself, Owen Daniels is easily a top 5 TE when Schaub is in their, and Slaton is now a huge part of the offense.

Lets talk about Miami and not Slaton, all these "fantasy gurus" are saying that Slaton is too risky, especially if you have Bush. Lets talk about statistics since a lot of them love getting into it and always say "3rd least points to RB." I already talked about how Slaton tore up the Titans, even though it was his first real week of starting.

Week 1 Miami against Jets:
RB: Thomas Jones - he had 101 yards, 1 TD, and 3 receptions. This is the only time the entire season that Jones has broken 100 yards and even got a TD. He is nothing compared to what Slaton is. The Jets rush offense is currently ranked 26th yet Jones still had an awesome day...

Week 2 Miami against Arizona:
RB: James and Hightower. James grabbed 51 yards while Hightower ran for 24 yards and a TD. Thats a total of 75 yards, less than there current avg per game, but look at where they are in the rankings. They are currently ranked #23 in rush offense, you can't expect them to have a good day on the ground, even though Hightower had a TD.

Week 3 Miami against Patriots:
RBs: Morris, Jordan, Faulk - Morris had 27 yards, Jordan had 22, and Faulk had 6, but Welker added another 16 on a reverse. Thats a total of 70 yards, no TD's for the Pats on the ground. The Patriots are in the dead middle of rush offense, ranked 17th. They didn't even have Maroney this week, so that is one reason as to why they didn't have that good of a rushing game, then again, the Pats never have had a good rushing attack, so holding them to only 70 yards with no Maroney isn't something to brag about.

Week 5 Miami against San Diego:
RBs: L.T. and Sproles - L.T. had 35 yards, Sproles had 24, and Chambers had 1 yard on a reverse. Thats a total of 60 yards, the best game yet! Jeez, Miami sure has an awesome rush defense. Look at L.T., he is banged up and yet to look like the actual superstar he is. Holding L.T. to under 50 yards with only 15 carries is nothing to brag about, it would be something if he was himself. The O-line is also banged up. Lets look again at the statistics, their rush offense is ranked 21st...

Alright, so the average rush offense that Miami has gone up against has been about 22... They have yet to even face a team that is in the top 10. They have only faced one healthy mediocre back, that was Jones. Miami's rush defense and defense in general is probably one of the most overrated rush defenses in the NFL. This is why I say start Slaton. If you are interested and like this little article, you should also checkout my article that I wrote about L.T. and his current situation.

LT's article:
viewtopic.php?t=415354
Theshow234
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting