At least they played OK - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

At least they played OK

Moderator: Football Moderators

At least they played OK

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:38 am

well, they finally covered the point spread. while they looked OK (and did get jobbed by the refs) i'm not really encouraged. Orlovsky didnt show me much (other than he doesnt understand how big the end zone is...and isnt that typical Lions...force a fumble at the goal line but then get saftied)...we still cant get more than 1 WR involved...Calvin is starting to make Charles Rogers look like an iron-man. i guess the D looked better, but i'm not sure how much was due to a bad Vikings performance

instead of 3 week old stinky garbage, they looked more like the garbage you just threw away

next week should be our biggest hurdle in the quest for 0-16, but i'm thinking we get blown out
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: At least they played OK

Postby moochman » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:36 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:well, they finally covered the point spread. while they looked OK (and did get jobbed by the refs) i'm not really encouraged. Orlovsky didnt show me much (other than he doesnt understand how big the end zone is...and isnt that typical Lions...force a fumble at the goal line but then get saftied)...we still cant get more than 1 WR involved...Calvin is starting to make Charles Rogers look like an iron-man. i guess the D looked better, but i'm not sure how much was due to a bad Vikings performance

instead of 3 week old stinky garbage, they looked more like the garbage you just threw away

next week should be our biggest hurdle in the quest for 0-16, but i'm thinking we get blown out

They played better, but where has this been? Why did it take 4 losses before Son-in-law and Pappy decide to blitz? Why did it take so long for the D to play like they were interested? Do you know why? Because blitzing isn't a part of the Two Tampex D. (see what I did there)
Don't praise them for playing hard, it's their job. They should do that every week. And it was only against the Vikes, a team almost as poorly coached as our own.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RWLongy4 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:08 pm

I thought the D looked overall really good... they made key stops when they had to and made big turnovers. Bodden looked great even though he ended up getting the biggest BS PI call that lost us the game. Bullocks looked great as did several others, except ernie left something to be desired. Did Barry stay at a holiday inn express last night or what because he finally started calling plays like he belonged in the nfl.

Our offensive playcalling on the other hand left something to be desired... we still can't seem to get it to our playmakers (calvin's touchdown was the only play call that I was somewhat impressed with). Dan O showed just enough to keep Kitna on the bench but not enough to make anyone think that our QB troubles are near over. He looked incredibly unaware of his surroundings (i.e. the safety as well as several pass rushes where he committed himself to the sack far before he had to) but he did seem to keep his eyes downfield when under pressure which was good. I would like to see him for 1-2 more games to see how he plays with less nervous jitters before stanton gets a shot.

All in all the 'W' should have been ours though we really had to chance to put it out of reach to where the refs had no chance to decide the game. It took us 5 games to get close to winning a game so I'd say by week 10 we might actually win one. ;-D :-b
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RWLongy4 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:10 pm

yeah your right Dan, whats up with Calvin getting hurt anytime he's touched? We're going to have to start calling him 'Fragile Franchise'
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RiffRaff » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:05 pm

Yep, you lions got screwed.

I'm not sure I ever remember a home team actually admitting that the refs won the game for them. Talk radio all day was taking calls for Chilly's head and saying the only reason the Vikes won was because of the refs.

Maybe some day you Lion Fans will be able to complain after a win. :-D
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby moochman » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:42 pm

RWLongy4 wrote:yeah your right Dan, whats up with Calvin getting hurt anytime he's touched? We're going to have to start calling him 'Fragile Franchise'

He took a vicious hit on the kisser. No fair crying glassman there. But he does seem to play the weakest bigman I have ever seen. Doesn't get off the line and did hurt his back falling down last year. Gotto wonder about his pain threshold. But not yesterday. That was a stonecold KO.
Now if that hit makes him even more reluctant to get physical we could start calling him the Cowardly Lion. :-b
But he ain't earned it yet.

Yep, you lions got screwed

I disagree, RiffRaff. We lost the game because we blew coverages on a couple plays and becuase our coaches were too stupid to protect the Polish Popgun. When Orlovski took the time out before his stroll through the endzone the Lions were given a chance to be smart, but chose not to. The smart play was to tell the inexperienced QB to call a run play and then punt. Even a team with solid QBs would do that at that time in a road game.
We lost because our vomit was stronger than your vomit. Our only revenge is that we may have saved Chilly's job. Take that! :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Detroit Lions