Owner MIA - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Owner MIA

Moderator: Football Moderators

Owner MIA

Postby Andyman33 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:12 pm

One of the owners in my pay league has been MIA for the past 4 weeks. He did pay his entry fee, but we also pay 5 bucks every time you lose and obviously hasnt paid any of those. He is currently 2-3...depending if he can get 5 more points from stallworth tonight (or bradshaw) he will be 3-3. I told him in week 2 (when I called him repeatedly) that he needs to get bye week/injured guys out and at least start a full team. I also told him that I was going to make sure that was teh case by switching in guys on his bench if he had guys that were confirmed OUT the day of bcause he said he had a hard time on gamedays. So I've been doing that ... which I think back I definately shouldnt have...but Ive been helping others when talking to them when a guy is a late scratch and they cant get to the cpu...I only think its fair that everyone starts a full team. Long story short....
what do I do NOW.

Ive thought of the following options.

A - kick owner out of league(or at minimum get a 2nd owner) and go onwards...problem is that its basically like only my wife that would be willing to join the league.
B - kick owner out of league and put all his players on the bench from here on out (sure seems unfair to the 3 teams he beat already AND huge for the 3 teams that he plays twice in the year.
C - kick owner out and make him 0-13 reversing the 3 wins he has.
D - Just leave it as it is and keep making sure there is a full lineup.
E - Just step away and watch it unfold from here.

I dont like any of my options and it would have been a lot easier had I not been the nice guy and switched the out/bye week players for him...but can't undo my past mistakes.
Andyman33
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Owner MIA

Postby joejlitz » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:27 pm

I wouldn't touch his lineup unless he calls you and requests you to make specific moves because he can't get to the computer.

But don't simply put guys in for him because they are out or on bye-week. He needs to request these moves.

Other than that, leave his team alone. Hopefully he will pay what he owes and don't invite him back next year.

Help?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=416831
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:14 am

joejlitz wrote:I wouldn't touch his lineup unless he calls you and requests you to make specific moves because he can't get to the computer.

But don't simply put guys in for him because they are out or on bye-week. He needs to request these moves.

Other than that, leave his team alone. Hopefully he will pay what he owes and don't invite him back next year.

Agreed - unless he explicitly says something to you and there is some form of documentation to cover your backside, I would not touch his lineup with a 10-foot pole. There is no reason to mess with it, and if he is too lazy or whatever to change it, then you need to just let him lose out and then not invite him back again ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:27 am

i'd go with a combination of A and D. kicking him out may be a bit extreme depeding on circumstance (is he lazy/apathetic, was there a family emergency) but if it's because he just doesnt care then boot him

it's not fair to teams who've already played him/havent played him to face a lineup with bye week/injured players. i think the fairest way to set his lineup would be to use the Cafe's start/sit rankings (or some other site of your choosing) and notify the league about the situation and your intentions
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:22 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i'd go with a combination of A and D. kicking him out may be a bit extreme depeding on circumstance (is he lazy/apathetic, was there a family emergency) but if it's because he just doesnt care then boot him

it's not fair to teams who've already played him/havent played him to face a lineup with bye week/injured players. i think the fairest way to set his lineup would be to use the Cafe's start/sit rankings (or some other site of your choosing) and notify the league about the situation and your intentions

Nope. Whats saying that the people who already played him benefited from that same advantage. Nothing opens up a can of worms like suddenly deciding to fix a team. I say leave it and dont invite him back.

You shouldnt be messing with anyones team, even to cover a late scratch, unless they ask.

(as an aside, this is why I HATE fines for losses or last place finishes. If I lose a couple starters early and am done what fun is it going to be pretending to care while paying extra for the right to lose)
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Andyman33 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:48 am

my thoughts on the fines for the loss and the reason we did it...it keeps EVERYONE (well that dindt work lol) interested the entire regular season because you don't want to lose that 5 bucks. The great part of FF is that anyone can win in a league if you just get some luck. Plus with 6 teams making the playoffs of the 12 and another 6 in a losers bracket playing for their entry fee back...I thought I'd keep everyone around for sure the whole season and at least into week 14 since EVERYONE would have a playoffs of some sort....
Andyman33
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joejlitz » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:27 am

Andyman33 wrote:my thoughts on the fines for the loss and the reason we did it...it keeps EVERYONE (well that dindt work lol) interested the entire regular season because you don't want to lose that 5 bucks. The great part of FF is that anyone can win in a league if you just get some luck. Plus with 6 teams making the playoffs of the 12 and another 6 in a losers bracket playing for their entry fee back...I thought I'd keep everyone around for sure the whole season and at least into week 14 since EVERYONE would have a playoffs of some sort....

We pay $25 to the weekly hi score as our method of keeping everyone interested all season long (as opposed to taking money from them)
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby MMeFFLBoss » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:13 pm

Keep the team the way it is for this season. In our league, we got a 3 strike rule just for this situation. In the event that an owner fails to submit a valid line-up (no players with byes or with very well known injuries) 3 times in one season, they are then stripped of their team for the year and the starters are based on the USA Weekly Fantasy Football rankings for the rest of the year. It doesn't totally solve the problem 100% but, we've got owners with 0-6 or 0-8 records still submitting in line-ups to avoid losing their team.
MMeFFLBoss
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Commissioner's Corner