ROY GONE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

ROY GONE

Moderator: Football Moderators

ROY GONE

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:07 pm

Roy traded. AND i cant believe what we got. In 2009 we have Dallas first round, third round, and sixth round. We send Roy and our seventh round in 2009.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: ROY GONE

Postby dream_017 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:54 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:Roy traded. AND i cant believe what we got. In 2009 we have Dallas first round, third round, and sixth round. We send Roy and our seventh round in 2009.

The draft picks have not been worked out yet, but all I can say is:

na na na na
na na na na
hey hey hey
good bye!!!
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:00 pm

this calls for dancing bananas
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:06 pm

latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagofmilk » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:22 pm

As a lone Lions fan living in Cowboys territory I am actually pissed off. I hate the Cowboys with a passion, and as much of a whiner Roy was he still has talent.
bagofmilk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bagofmilk » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:27 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:http://www.truebluefanclub.com/blogs/writers_block.cfm?plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3a6f720d98-095f-4c2b-9bbb-88639ea813cbPost%3a79820ec7-2389-4739-98ec-b1c5fb8afc56&sid=sitelife.truebluefanclub.com

lol @ forum...
I like how Cowboys fans think that all they need is an extra CB to be amazing...did they not realize that Special Teams completely lost the last game for them. I swear I saw my Grandma playing RG.
bagofmilk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:45 pm

bagofmilk wrote:As a lone Lions fan living in Cowboys territory I am actually pissed off. I hate the Cowboys with a passion, and as much of a whiner Roy was he still has talent.

So wait you are a Lions fan and you dont like this trade????
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:53 pm

We straight up ROBBED the Cowboys. I cant believe this I really really cant. Millen leaves and all of the sudden we come up with the best trade the team has ever done. Three freaking picks for Roy?? And a first included? I would have been excited about a first let alone adding a third and a sixth. You put that with the first pick overall that we are going to get and thats two first rounders, a third rounder, and a sixth rounder. I dont know if we have any others, im sure we do but i dont know off the top of my head.

If we get the first pick overall and somehow manage to trade it, we could have 3 first round draft picks. 3 in the top 33 or whatever? Thats insane. I cant believe that the Detroit Lions actually did something good today. Im not sure who put this deal together but it was beautiful. And its not even Millen getting the draft picks.

It makes the GM job more enticing for the future guy that we look to get. It helps on the 3.7 that Roy was due to make. It clears cap room. Its just pure goodness...
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moochman » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:53 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:If we get the first pick overall

If? There are only two winless teams left and the Bungals have much more talent than we do.
This could make for some real wheeling and dealing come D Day. Could be one of the most enjoyable SuperBowls in a long, long time. Maybe since we drafted Barry.

Questions about the Lions brave new world:
How will this affect the Franchise? Will he be able to shake off the best double teams well enough for the worst QBs in the league to find him?
Will McDonald become a viable threat again? Who will become Colletto's second Stiletto?
Will this give NimRod and Coletto & Kippy more reason to try and run run run punt?
And finally, should we ever get another first down, how will we know without Roy? :-D

Total robbery or Jerruh. A fool and his draft picks....

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Santacruzer » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:59 pm

moochman wrote:should we ever get another first down, how will we know without Roy? :-D

:-b

Looks like the Lions are making room to draft another 1st round WR again 8-o
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Detroit Lions