ROY GONE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

ROY GONE

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: ROY GONE

Postby dream_017 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:08 pm

moochman wrote:should we ever get another first down, how will we know without Roy? :-D

Don't worry, since the Lions have mailed in the season*, I will be the only one seeing any first downs...if they do happen :^

What will you guys watch on Thanksgiving? ;-7 Has a Thankgiving game ever been blacked out

* Do not read that the wrong way, I am not opposed to this happening
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AngryLionsFAn » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:09 pm

I can't begin to express how happy I am about this trade. I'm utterly SHOCKED that we got this much for him. I would have been happy with a 2nd round pick! I don't think we would have gotten that much for him had we slapped the franchise tag on him and tried to deal him afterwards either. Now Detroit has something for the next GM to work with, and we can go into the draft prepared to pick up as much OL and DEF as we can, and a quarterback if necessary. With Kitna going on IR we can get a good look at what Stanton can do too. Part of me still thinks we need to draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round again and hope for a high caliber player, but the league's WORST DEF and a swiss cheese OL will make any QB look bad so we need to secure that first. For once, I feel excited, FOR NEXT YEAR that is. Hopefully this NFL rules change will allow Detroit to start interviewing GM and Head Coach canidates too.
AngryLionsFAn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby scrumtalecent » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:09 pm

I suppose this just bothers me because I liked the 2004 draft in the first two rounds. Roy Williams, Kevin Jones, and Teddy Lehman. Teddy Lehman left, came back, then got released. Kevin Jones was released and now Roy is traded for picks. So here we are again with a bunch of draft picks. Sure, it'll be great if we somehow stumble on a great GM, but some draft picks are still a crap shoot. It seems like this team starts over every four years or so. With Kitna now on IR, the other QB's will be given a chance and I can feel the winds of change on this football team. I just hope it isn't just another big ol' fart.
Thank you soty!
scrumtalecent
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby dream_017 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:44 am

scrumtalecent wrote:I suppose this just bothers me because I liked the 2004 draft in the first two rounds. Roy Williams, Kevin Jones, and Teddy Lehman.

I was thinking the same thing. The only draft that we really looked like we knew what we were doing and got some very good talent/players with the picks.....and none of them are here.

It also makes the whole WR thing look even more idiotic....3 straight WR picks in the top 10 and none...none.....none of them are even on the team....and two are out of football completely. What a complete and utter waste.

So, the more I look at it, for 3 top ten 1st round picks and a seventh rounder, we get a late first round, a third round and a sixth round 8-o 8-o That doesn't look too good to me, but the flip side is we could have got nothing.....YAY Lions ;-7
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:02 am

OK, I was bored :-B Here are you Matt Millen draft picks. He had 62 players draft from 2001 - 2008. Only 26 are currently on the team (some are on IR :*) ) That is about 42%. 13 of the 26 were drafted in the past 2 drafts 8-o Here is your rundown:
Currently on the Lions:
G Cherilus
R Robinson
M Ramirez
L Cohen
J DUIzon
K Smith
A Fluellen
C Avril
J Felton
G Alexander(*)
J Backus
D Raiola
C Redding
K Smith
S Cody
S Wilson(*)
D Orlovsky
E Sims
D Bullocks
J Scott
C Johnson
D Stanton
I Alama-Francis
B Calhoun(*)
J Owens
A Lewis
---------------
(*) - IR

Here are the players we no longer have:
M Williams - out of football (44 rec)
B Swancutt - out of football (zero tackles)
J Goddard - out of football (1 tackle)
D McCann - out of football (zero tackles)
F Matua - out of football (zero games played)
A Cannon - out of football (14 tackles)
AJ Davis - Practic squad in KC (zero tackles)
J Baldwin - out of football (3 tackles)
K Moore - Carolina (zero rec)
C Campbell - out of football (zero tackles)
S Rogers - Cleveland (31 sacks)
S Anderson - out of football (54 rec)
M McMahon - out of football (15 TDs; 21 INTs)
J Glenn - out of football (102 tackles)
J Harrington - New Orleans (3rd QB - 79 TDs; 85 INTs)
K Edwards - Oakland (173 tackles; 29 sacks)
A Goodman - Miami (207 tackles; 8 INTs)
J Taylor - out of football (zero tackles)
C Cash - out of football (142 tackles; 2 INTs)
L Staley - out of football (zero rush att)
M Murphy - out of football (3 rec)
V Rogers - out of football (1 game played)
C Rogers - out of football (36 rec; 4 TDs)
B Bailey - Denver (305 tackles; 7 sacks; 2 INTs)
A Pinner - out of football (205 atts; 8 TDs)
T Holt - out of football (241 tackles; 8 INTs)
J Davis - out of football (150 tackles; 3.5 sacks)
D Kircus - out of football (15 rec; 1 TD)
B Johnson - out of football (zero tackles)
B Adams - out of football (51 tackles)
B Drumm - out of football
T Anglin - out of football
R Williams - Dallas (262 rec; 29 TDs)
K Jones - Chicago (793 att; 24 TDs)
T Lehman - out of football (147 tackles)
K Butler - out of football (21 games started)

There are 27 of the 36 are out of football 8-o

Just a little something to make you feel good on this Wednesday afternoon :-{ :-P
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Postby moochman » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:13 am

Holy poop, Dream! To truely get a feel for just how bad Millen was you have to look at two other things: One is how many of his first day picks bombed, and then of the players still on the roster-how many would stick on another team?
The more you see how bad this team is the more you see just how clueless this whole organization was. We all signt the praises of Lewand and Mayhew now for robbing Jerruh of draft picks, but never forget the character of these men. They stood by silently while Millen destroyed this franchise. Sucking of Co. teat they were. They need to be fired and Lord Ford need abdicate the throne to Jr.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dream_017 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:50 pm

moochman wrote:Holy poop, Dream! To truely get a feel for just how bad Millen was you have to look at two other things: One is how many of his first day picks bombed, and then of the players still on the roster-how many would stick on another team?
The more you see how bad this team is the more you see just how clueless this whole organization was. We all signt the praises of Lewand and Mayhew now for robbing Jerruh of draft picks, but never forget the character of these men. They stood by silently while Millen destroyed this franchise. Sucking of Co. teat they were. They need to be fired and Lord Ford need abdicate the throne to Jr.

Totally agree. When I was looking through these, it just jumped out how many I didn't think were in football...and I was right, then like you said, looking at the ones still on the team, how many are going to even be in football next year. Obviously we don't have a reference against other teams, but I am willing to bet, most teams have a much better track record of guys still at least playing in the NFL.

I'm not that bored, you guys will have to look up other teams yourself :-b
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Postby LT Blue Colt » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:53 pm

moochman wrote:Holy poop, Dream! To truely get a feel for just how bad Millen was you have to look at two other things: One is how many of his first day picks bombed, and then of the players still on the roster-how many would stick on another team?

Too true, Mooch. It scares the hell out of me that Ford will catch the hurricane force winds that are blowing around saying how great of a trade this was for Detroit, and give out some much undeserved brownie points. Chalk up one thing the FO did right. Now make sure, Ford, you look at all that's been done wrong.

On a side note, I was curious if Dallas was giving away these great picks for Roy, I think I would have much rather had a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th or 5th. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't 1st rounders usually come with a higher price tag regardless of the pick? And things start to drop after that? I was just curious, cause I know it's a possibility that Detroit will trade one of their 1st rounds sometime. But, is there the possibility they'll use both of them? And end up eating up some of the cap room they could use on FA and roster depth? It's just interesting to me to see if this will work out bad or good. I'm sure you're all wondering too. :-b :-b :-b
Metroid wrote: I eat Old Spice. :-B

I'm a Lions fan. I'm chuck full of freakin' hope.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:49 am

I'm no capologist, Colt, but I think they would have enough space to sign their draft picks. The Cowpie pick isn't going to be a high pick and so will come with a much more agreeable price tag. No, give me the 1st, 3rd & 6th.
Because of Lewand, Mayhew, Marinelli and Millen's recent contract follies we will be paying big money to the top pick next year, Redding, and the Franchise, but that will be a FA signing crippler. On the other hand, their collective bungling means that they have absolutely no players they need to worry about re-signing. None of them are worth the bother.
What we need is of the 9(?) picks they have next year they must have 5-6 make solid contributions if not start for them next season. That is why it is crucial they fire the bunch and hire a good GM as soon as possible. The 4th oldest team in the league just got younger with their shameful abuse of Kitna, they will be much younger next year. They must have a coaching staff that can teach young players how to play on Sunday. NimRod is a loser as a head coach and the only people who think he is the least bit competent are named Lord Ford, Lewand, and Mayhew.
FIRE THE WHOLE BUNCH. RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW!!!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby bagofmilk » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:32 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:
bagofmilk wrote:As a lone Lions fan living in Cowboys territory I am actually pissed off. I hate the Cowboys with a passion, and as much of a whiner Roy was he still has talent.

So wait you are a Lions fan and you dont like this trade????

No. I agree that the Lions came out like bandits but Roy still has alot of talent. Given a better QB and better O'Line, the Cowgirls are even more scarier.

What I'm saying is that this greatly benefited BOTH teams. Roy can stop whining in Detroit and join the Whine-Fest with T.O.

The reason I'm pissed is that 95% of football fans here in San Antonio are die-hard Cowboys fans who are extremely obnoxious. Anytime there is any criticism about "America's Team", their response is always..."OH YEAH?? HOW MANY CHAMPIONSHIPS HUH??!!!(*Holds up 5 fingers*). " And even if you throw back the facts such as the last time the Cowboys won was 15 years ago, or the fact that NOT ONE of the cowboys players have won a championship with the Cowboys, or the fact the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in more than a decade, it doesn't matter one f***ing bit. The reason I hate the cowboys is because of their fans...and I'm an easy-going person....

I also think that draft picks are extremely overrated. Take a look at how many 1st round picks were busts and which ones were successful! Its insane! Detroit has had their share of quite a few 1st round busts. But the important thing is that Millen is out and the Lions actually took a risk which I am extremely happy about.
bagofmilk
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Detroit Lions