ROY GONE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

ROY GONE

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: ROY GONE

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:57 pm

Oh i know exactly what you mean about Cowboys fans man. I work with this girl and shes totally die hard Cowboys. A couple days before the trade when the flo adams and a pick for roy and whatever trade was going around she looked at me mocking me and said " Are you F'ing kidding me?? Jerry Jones wont give up a first round pick for Roy" Then a day passes and they give up not a first round pick, but a first a third and a sixth for him. Now shes saying its a good trade. Im like WTF!!???????? Then like a half hour later she comes back over and tells me how excited she is about the Cowboys. Im like well yeah but they better hope the win a couple games in the next month with Romo, Felix, punter, Pacman all out. She says ohh no, shaking her head, Brad Johnson we got for this reason, hes VERY good. Im just shaking my head. Okay well what about Felix, their starting punter, and one of their best cover guys? It went back and forth but she thinks that Jerry Jones NEVER does anything without a back up plan. Hes got it covered. Its more like he wanted his Dallas Boy, and went and over paid like the idiot that he is. I realize that Romo is probably going to play now but i wish she got to see just how not that great the Cowboys would be without him. Does anyone know since Pacman is out does that mean the Roy Williams has to cover someone? Cause thats almost a bigger problem than Romo being injured lol.

And I couldnt believe the stats of those draft picks. Sooo many either not in football or one tackle, two tackle careers. Its amazing.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby scrumtalecent » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:10 am

latsprewell20002000 wrote:Oh i know exactly what you mean about Cowboys fans man. I work with this girl and shes totally die hard Cowboys...

I'd rather be the blissfully ignorant than continually frustrated. A "My dad could beat up your dad" sort of attitude no matter what. I understand listening to this sort of fan rant on and make highly illogical arguements can get old real fast, but I'd much rather be that sort of fan than the "fan" I am now. I'm the sort of fan that believes this from ESPN...

Here's a fun game to play with your friends. Name five good players on the Detroit Lions. Just five.

There's receiver Calvin Johnson, of course. Linebacker Ernie Sims is well-respected. Center Dominic Raiola won't embarrass you. Neither will left tackle Jeff Backus. And then there's Roy Will… oh, wait. Not anymore.

It's simple: The NFL's least-talented roster makes the Lions the worst team in football. Seven years under president/general manager Matt Millen have left them in need of a serious personnel influx. They'll eventually get a boost from Tuesday's trade of receiver Roy Williams, but for now, his departure has further undermanned the team.

Even with Williams, the Lions were 0-5 and ranked near the bottom in every important statistical category. Their offense ranks No. 30, two ahead of their dead-last defense. They can't run (No. 30) or stop the run (No. 31), and their quarterback is still learning the dimensions of the end zone.

Yes, quarterback Dan Orlovsky -- who has replaced injured Jon Kitna -- got a bit disoriented Sunday at the Metrodome. As he scrambled to his right, Orlovsky heard the whistle and saw that play had been halted. He stopped, looked down and realized he had run three yards out of the back of the end zone for a safety.

You've heard of teams beating themselves? Ultimately, the Lions' margin of defeat Sunday was two points: 12-10. Case closed.
Thank you soty!
scrumtalecent
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:07 am

yeah i cant really argue with that. Id rather have the Cowboys as my team then the Lions anyday.... The lions are the lowliest of lowlies lol
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Detroit Lions