Jerry Jones=CRAZY - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dallas Cowboys

Jerry Jones=CRAZY

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jerry Jones=CRAZY

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:40 pm

Christmas for lions fans all thanks to Jerry Jones. He gave up the whole 09 draft for Roy Williams. I cant believe it LOL. Sorry i know most of you are probably pissed right now but im so excited. A first, third and sixth round picks for Roy??? Randy Moss went for a fourth.....
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jerry Jones=CRAZY

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:34 am

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news. ... 6817F384CA

Pretty much sums it up. I think this was a great deal for both teams. Or great for Detroit and pretty good for Dallas with great potential.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:11 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=FDBA8EB5-EAE6-C39B-DC35C76817F384CA

Pretty much sums it up. I think this was a great deal for both teams. Or great for Detroit and pretty good for Dallas with great potential.

I agree. I think they gave a bit too much but could still benefit greatly if Roy pans out.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:44 pm

I dont see how its a little too much. Its ALOT too much. Like i mean seriously. Three picks for an average, diva, ball dropping, bad route running, complaining WR? I just dont see it. I could end up being wrong and Roy could be a totally different player than he was here in Detroit. Ive watched just about every game he has played in the pros. I could name 30 WR right now that i would rather want. 30. Thats alot. How much better is he going to be than Crayton? I guess thats the question. If the Cowboys can pull off a super bowl this year then yeah it was worth it. If not, then i think they may have messed up.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:42 am

Look, the thing is that this isn't a "this year" deal. That's what people keep on saying. They'll have to win a Superbowl for it to be worth it. Roy Williams has top 10 WR potential if he had a decent team around him and a decent QB. Put him on a winning team with TO opposite and he'll make our passing game 100% better just being out there. Add to that the fact that he'll be a decent WR for years to come when we have an aging TO and Crayton behind that, we needed another veteran WR talent out there. That's what we get with Roy Williams. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:01 am

He isnt going to mean much this year if you keep losing games. They have lost 3 of 4 and could have lost to cincy.. Im not hating on the Cowboys, i just cant understand the trade when it wasnt a wr that they needed. They needed defense and O line help. Flo Adams gets his butt kicked every week out there.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:19 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:He isnt going to mean much this year if you keep losing games. They have lost 3 of 4 and could have lost to cincy.. Im not hating on the Cowboys, i just cant understand the trade when it wasnt a wr that they needed. They needed defense and O line help. Flo Adams gets his butt kicked every week out there.

Who said anything about this year. This is a trade for the future. If you'll remember, Roy Williams isn't all that old.

Also, what do you mean, wasn't a WR that we needed? Sure, we have bigger holes to fill right now, but we have long term talent at those other positions. They're just injured right now. We didn't have anybody who could play the WR1 spot after TO leaves and now we have somebody with that potential. So yes, they need O-line help and they need secondary help, but the secondary is talented and either needs some motivation or new coaching and the O-line needs to just start playing like they can. This is largely the same line from last season that was touted as one of the best lines.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:18 am

I guess we can agree to disagree then? I have watched Roy Williams every single week since he has been in the NFL. He runs bad routes, drops balls, goes down without getting hit, and gets all emotional. If the argument is that Dallas needed to trade away a first round, third round and a sixth round pick to get someone to play the number one WR slot when T.O leaves, then okay i guess. Before the trade and before the Romo injury Dallas was probably the front runner in super bowl talks. I just dont see how he helps them that much is all. Is he good? Yeah. Is he a number one WR? Never. If Dallas thinks that he can play number one WR for them for the future they are sadly mistaken. Roy WIlliams is a number 2 WR. Hes a good number 2 WR but hes a number 2 WR. With the money they gave him they must think he can play number one. Cause teams can only have one number one WR, and they certainly can only pay one number one WR. Thats why Roy and Calvin wouldnt work in Detroit. They both wanted number one money and you simply cant do that. Look at Arizona right now, they are realizing that its very hard to do. I just want to run into one Dallas fan that says to me " I cant believe they did that trade." 3 picks for Roy Williams, and one of them a first round??? People here in Detroit would have been happy getting that 3rd round pick for him.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:29 am

If we hadn't been stacked in the draft I would be more apt to agree. We traded in the draft last year for the sole purpose of getting a serviceable WR via a draft trade. It will all depend on whether or not Roy Williams with a change of coaches and a good team around him can flourish like the Cowboys are expecting him to in the future. So we can argue on the money of his contract. I tend to agree with that one, but with the uncapped years coming up, he didn't hit our cap all that much with the way his contract is structured I believe.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:32 pm

Okay yeah thats cool. I mean i realize that Dallas had a ton of picks in next years draft. This however is not a reason to give up more than you should for any given player. It does come down to if Roy can be the serviceable WR that Dallas expects him to be. But with the money that they gave him, which is more than T.O. up front, makes him be Dallas number one WR for the years to come. Of all the football that I have seen Roy play i cant say that i agree with him being capable of being a number one WR. Could i be wrong and he proves me wrong and Jerry Jones ends up looking like a genius cause of this trade? Thats possible too :P
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Dallas Cowboys