Megatron's Value Sans Roy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Megatron's Value Sans Roy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Megatron's Value Sans Roy

Postby moochman » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:27 am

Kensat30 wrote:I think Calvin will be an up and down WR2 for the rest of the season, call it top20 going forawrd.

Few big weeks like last week and a few clunkers.

Orvolosky did not look good at all to me. This guy is in over his head and I think it's likely that we will see Stanton come in at some point towards the end of the season just to get him a little experience. That said, Calvin can break plays by himself and he can turn the NFL game into playground ball at times. We saw that in the jump ball at the end of the half and on the big play where he beat his man by 10 yards running a go route.

You should not be able to beat ANYBODY in the NFL by a 10 yard margin on a go route, but this is one of two guys who can do it. In just like the other guy, Calvin is going to boom and bust going forward depending on whether or not his QB can get him the ball so he can make some plays.

Barring injury or just flat putridness, I don't know that Orlovsky won't be the QB all season. The Lions idiotic head coach doesn't like young players, doesn't care about the offense, and doesn't like change. If he can fool himself into thinking that Orlovsky is doing well he won't even think about starting Stanton. Unless, that is, that the FO tells him to.
Now whether Stanton will improve Calvin's statline is to be seen. He is certainly more mobile so will have more non-scripted plays. One could think those would include looking for the big guy deep often since that was his nature in college.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RWLongy4 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:41 am

From here on out I see no reason why Calvin wouldn't be a WR1 (top 10ish) Orlovsky is getting settled and regardless of whether he's good or not he is going to look to our only real offensive weapon. Calvin has the talent to be a top 3 receiver IMO (on a good team that is) and since the Lions will be playing from behind the rest of the season he is going to get looks and he will be open at some point which equals big plays.

Whether Stanton gets a shot remains to be seen but right now Orlovsky isn't losing games for us (though he's certainly not winning them) so i'd say he's our there for at least a few more weeks.

My prediction is Calvin averages 5 catches 85 yrds and .75 tds a week from here on out.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby fezzik » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:50 am

RWLongy4 wrote:From here on out I see no reason why Calvin wouldn't be a WR1 (top 10ish) Orlovsky is getting settled and regardless of whether he's good or not he is going to look to our only real offensive weapon. Calvin has the talent to be a top 3 receiver IMO (on a good team that is) and since the Lions will be playing from behind the rest of the season he is going to get looks and he will be open at some point which equals big plays.

Whether Stanton gets a shot remains to be seen but right now Orlovsky isn't losing games for us (though he's certainly not winning them) so i'd say he's our there for at least a few more weeks.

My prediction is Calvin averages 5 catches 85 yrds and .75 tds a week from here on out.

I think Calvin will preform well, but not score quite to the level you're predicting. I see him getting targeted a lot since the Lions will be coming from behind all season...that combined with his big play ability/talent/speed makes me think he'll productive. However, I do think there will be a few games where the Lions will get almost completely shut down offensively...which may not affect the yardage numbers that much, but will most likely cut down on the TD's.
I only dog paddle...
fezzik
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk