Shock's Week 7 Booms and Busts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shock's Week 7 Booms and Busts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Shock's Week 7 Booms and Busts

Postby Shock6822 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:34 pm

I've been doing in other places for several weeks now, so figured I'd throw them in here too.

Had a pretty decent week last week...whiffed on Marvin and a couple others, but pegged a few others I was proud of like the Eli bust

Keep in mind the booms and busts are all relative to how a player would be used...ie a WR1's stats versus a WR3's. And ALWAYS check injury reports on Sunday morning.

BOOMS

QUARTERBACKS

Matt Schaub. Lions D factor. 250 yds, 2 TD

Trent Edwards. Coming off a bye, playing an SD D that has allowed 10 passing TDs this year. 250 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT

Jay Cutler. I'm sure you all see how vulnerable NE's secondary is now. A cannon and a freak receiver makes me worried. 275 yds, 3 TD

Jeff Garcia. The uber game manager is, at the very least, consistent in that he won't hurt you. Playing Seattle's pass D should help. 200 yds, 2 TD

WIDE RECEIVERS

Brandon Marshall. I'm scared. 9 rec, 100 yds, 2 TD

Andre Johnson. Lions fans are scared. 8 rec, 120 yds, 1 TD

Donnie Avery. I know, I know. It's the Rams. But the Dallas secondary is in shambles with Pacman out, Newman doutful, and the Rams may be playing from behind. I'll be optimistic about Avery, but use him as a WR3 at best if you absolutely need to use him. 4 rec, 50 yds, 1 TD

Jerricho Cotchery. I'm assuming he's the one matching up against Hall. If it's Coles, insert Coles's name at the beginning. Regardless, it should be fun for one of them. 6 rec, 60 yds, 1 TD

Derrick Mason. Miami has allowed the 2nd most pass TDs and is the top 5 worst in WR yardage allowed. Should be a great PPR start. 7 rec, 60 yds

Bernard Berrian. The Bears have allowed the most yards to WRs this year. 5 rec, 100 yds

Wes Welker. Moss will be covered by Champ, so Welker will be covered by...Bly? Please. Great PPR start. 7 rec, 80 yds.

RUNNING BACKS

Ryan Grant. If he can't do it against Indy, who shouldn't blow GB out, he can't do it against anyone. 90 yds, 1 TD

Chris Johnson. Chiefs run D is laughable and the Titans are coming off a buy. 100 yds, 1 TD

Marion Barber. He'll get plenty of touches and he'll get checkdowns against one of the worst run Ds in the league. 100 yds, 1 TD

Sammy Morris. Here's my once a year Pats RB pick. Denver's run D makes even KC's look good at times. 70 yds, 1 TD

Thomas Jones. He may not get the yardage, but Oakland allows opposing backs to rumble, stumble and bumble over the goal line. 70 yds, 1 TD

Dominic Rhodes. Addai's out, GB's run D isn't that great. 70 yds, 1 TD

TIGHT ENDS

Dustin Keller. There's no one that really jumps out at me, but Oakland is weak against the TE. 3 rec, 50 yds

BUSTS

QUARTERBACKS

Aaron Rodgers. I don't think he'll have a hugely bad game, but I can see the Colts bothering him alot with pressure. 250 yds, 2 TD, 3 turnovers

The KC starting QB. I may not even count this in the wins and losses, but (I think it's Croyle this week) is going to get destroyed against the Titans D.

Jason Campbell. You saw that the Browns did to Eli. 225 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT

Chad Pennington. Baltimore is going to come out pissed after that outing last week. 225 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT

WIDE RECEIVERS

Dwayne Bowe. He may get the looks, but I can't see it translating into huge stats like you may be getting used to. 5 rec, 50 yds

Greg Jennings. I could go the easy route and say Driver, but I think they'll bottle Jennings fairly well. 4 rec, 40 yds

Marques Colston. He's finally back, but the Panthers will probably try to contain him, and Brees is getting way more comfy with spreading the ball around. 5 rec, 40 yds

Chad Johnson. Still hasn't proven anything, and he plays Pittsburgh. 3 rec, 30 yds

RUNNING BACKS

Ronnie Brown. He may get his random TD, but his yardage should be small. 50 yds, 1 TD

Julius Jones. Tampa Bay hasn't allowed a rush TD this year. 60 yds

Adrian Peterson. Fumblesitis, Bears D, couldn't get it done against the Lions....hrrrrrm. 90 yds, 1 turnover

Justin Fargas. The Jets are better against the run than you know. Unless you're a Jets fan. 50 yds.

TIGHT ENDS

Antonio Gates. Bills are the best in the league against tight ends right now. 3 rec, 40 yds

I know I forgot some people, but it was a hectic day in the market :P Good luck all!
GO PATRIOTS!
Shock6822
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Shock's Week 7 Booms and Busts

Postby Azrael » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:41 pm

In my Madden voice "Here's a guy who doesn't have any kids and alot of time on his hands" And good for you btw, I'm jealous. This is the type of stuff I used to do back in the day.

Quickly glancing:

I think Schaub goes way nuts. 350+ and 3 TDs. Rodgers is bound to steal another one of Grant's TDs to boost his #'s.

Little less for Cutler since the game is away and Den can't stop the run.

Marshall consistently catches 8-9 balls and is due.

Andre 3000, #'s are just retarded 150+ and 2 scores

Indy's pass D is overrated as shown last week. Jennings puts up another typical game.

If Maroney is out again Sammy goes over 100 and has 2TDs.

Rhodes goes over 100 with a TD.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shock6822 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:03 pm

Azrael wrote:In my Madden voice "Here's a guy who doesn't have any kids and alot of time on his hands" And good for you btw, I'm jealous. This is the type of stuff I used to do back in the day.

Quickly glancing:

I think Schaub goes way nuts. 350+ and 3 TDs. Rodgers is bound to steal another one of Grant's TDs to boost his #'s.

Little less for Cutler since the game is away and Den can't stop the run.

Marshall consistently catches 8-9 balls and is due.

Andre 3000, #'s are just retarded 150+ and 2 scores

Indy's pass D is overrated as shown last week. Jennings puts up another typical game.

If Maroney is out again Sammy goes over 100 and has 2TDs.

Rhodes goes over 100 with a TD.

Maroney's likely out again. And yeah, only 23 and work from home, so no kids that I know of ;)
GO PATRIOTS!
Shock6822
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:06 pm

TE Owen Daniels will boom this week. Shaub loves to throw passes over the middle, and Daniels has the athletic ability to make things happen after the catch.

Daniels has been targeted quite a bit this season and he converts nearly all of his targets in to catches and big gains. 6 catches 90 yards and a score.
StudentOfTheGame
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JPE » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:04 pm

Boom- RunDMC, wildcat has been put in and he has practiced all week for the first time since injury.
Bust- AP, peterson hasnt been all that impressive thus far and Chi d will play well after heartbreaking loss a week ago
JPE
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Atog » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:24 am

Shock6822 wrote:
Andre Johnson. Lions fans are scared. 8 rec, 120 yds, 1 TD

Ha! Lions fans fear nothing. We've seen it all before.

That being said, 6/90/TD for AJ this weekend. I think they'll lose, though.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby TheDiplomats » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:25 pm

I like to look at how some players have historically done against teams in the past when I am choosing starters and I don't think you can have AD or Gates as "busts" this week. Gates has historically played great against the Bills while AD has shredded the Bears every time he has played them. I know things change season to season, but you would be shocked at how accurate it can be a lot of the time in terms of predicting how well a player will do. I don't think you can label Gates or AD as busts this week..but only time will tell. My personal opinion; if you have either of those guys there is no way you can sit them unless you are in a 2 team league.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby waterproof » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:47 pm

Keller is a gamble everyweek. There are too many TEs on the Jets, and I don't think he has over 3 catches in 1 game all year...

Atog wrote:That being said, 6/90/TD for AJ this weekend. I think they'll lose, though.

I like the way you think... really! I'm thinking of take the Lions with the points this week. ;-D
waterproof
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:48 pm

TheDiplomats wrote:My personal opinion; if you have either of those guys there is no way you can sit them unless you are in a 2 team league.

I don't know if i could sit them even in a 2 man league :-)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby 2ksports » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:02 pm

I'm not exactly "shocked" b/c basically what you are saying is normally crappy or average players will blow up vs bad defenses.

So here's my shocker. Ronnie Brown 100+ all purpose yards and 2 TDs vs Baltimore, and no, it won't be a Random TD b/c he's done it 4 games in a row.

Also, the most obvious boom to me is Darren McFadden in the wildcat, turf toe and all. This is assuming the coaches are implementing it right, just like the Dolphins. Not really a shock if he the Raiders pull off the win.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Football Talk