Vent; Most points, losing record - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Vent; Most points, losing record

Moderator: Football Moderators

Vent; Most points, losing record

Postby venus » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:44 pm

:~( In my 12 team league I have 25 more points than the next closest team, yet my record is 2-4. Anyone else dealing with this brutal head to head luck. Noticed I would be 54-12 if I played every team every week. I hope I am not alone here.
venus
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Vent; Most points, losing record

Postby dream_017 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:59 pm

venus wrote::~( In my 12 team league I have 25 more points than the next closest team, yet my record is 2-4. Anyone else dealing with this brutal head to head luck. Noticed I would be 54-12 if I played every team every week. I hope I am not alone here.

You are not alone. In my main money league I am the 3rd highest scorer, the top 3 are bunched together within about 20 points, we are 50 points ahead of the next closest team. I am sitting at 2-4 :-P I am 0-3 the past 3 weeks, losing by a combined....combined over 3 games!!! 8.15 points 8-o 8-o
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby Lightzout36 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:05 am

Hey,

I am in the same boat as well. I am the HIGHEST scoring team in my league but I am 2-4. I am up by 120, and still have Cutler and Marshall so I will improve to 3-4 after this game, but my luck has been horrible this year. Two weeks in a row I scored over 130 pts and I played the highest scoring team in our league each week. My team is starting to come together, this will be two wins in a row and NO ONE wants to see my squad in the playoffs.

Starting Lineup

Cutler

Sjax
Chris Johnson
Portis

Deshuan Jackson
Brandon Marshall

Owen Dainels

Kris Brown

Eagales or Titans D

You would think I would at least have a winning record, but my team will take over from here on out I believe.
Lightzout36
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby markulous » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:26 am

Same here. I'm the highest scoring person but I have the second most points against and I'm 2-5 after today. People always get these miracle games against me.
markulous
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby hatmann85 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:48 am

I'm in the exact opposite position as you guys in one of my leagues, feel free to hate on me =) I have the lowest point total but am currently at 3 - 1 (league started late), I keep getting around 60 pts in standard yahoo scoring but somehow keep winning. I'm sure it'll all even out in the end though, but lets hope not.
hatmann85
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby cwas8 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:50 am

! - 5. Second highest scoring team. I've given up 120 points more than the next guy. I played against Favre on his 6 TD day, Ronnie Brown and his 5 TD game.
cwas8
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby thunderstruck10 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:18 pm

Yes, I love group therapy.

3rd highest scoring in a 10-team league, sitting at 2-4. This week I scored enough to beat every team in the league except (naturally) the team I'm playing. I made some moves at WR and got Reggie Wayne and Muhammad this week, and if LT and Braylon Edwards ever decide to show up on a regular basis I think I will be sitting pretty come playoff time.
thunderstruck10
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby tweeked_out » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:42 pm

i was second in points in my league but in 6th place two weeks ago. I'm finally coming around though, third in the league second in points. great week to start LenDale White!
tweeked_out
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby gmcatlin » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:10 pm

Keep the faith...this happened to me last year and I won the last 8 or 9 games in a row to finish first in record AND points! ...and then I lost in the first round of the playoffs...
gmcatlin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Newkie » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:19 pm

It all evens out, and even when it doesnt, you will have enough points in most tiebreaker situations to get yourself in the playoffs as a number 4 or 6th seed depending on the size of the league. You will then be able to prove your teams worth. Its not the regular season record but the finish in the playoffs that count...
Newkie
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting