Vent; Most points, losing record - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Vent; Most points, losing record

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Vent; Most points, losing record

Postby Sgt. Apone » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:53 pm

I'll chime in on the pity party:

I'm 2-4 #1 in points in 12T PPR league, before tonight's game it's 140.0 to 157.01, and I had Cutler
going naturally, gonna slide to 2-5 yet still #1 in points barring some resurgence by Cutler tonight, it's ridiculous really
sig. by Deluxe
Sgt. Apone
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby IHaveHumanPlayers » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:24 pm

I'm the top scorer in my league and I am 6-1.
The J.J. Brown Remix: 7-4-0
AD! Three years in a row, baby!
IHaveHumanPlayers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Popcynical » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:54 am

IHaveHumanPlayers wrote:I'm the top scorer in my league and I am 6-1.

Here is your cookie, sir.

:-X
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby padrino990_200 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:55 am

yea in my money league i am 2nd in points, and last in the standings. the last 4 weeks i have played the top scorer, its starting to get old.
padrino990_200
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bogalicious » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:57 pm

FINALLY, someplace that can commiserate with me. I am the second highest scorer in my league with 785 total so far, ave about 113 per game. League ave is about 95 per game. However, Points against me is an obscene 838 points which is about 120 per game. I've had about 150 more points scored on me this year than the next closest team AT 0-7. WTF.(Oh yeah, I'm at 2-5)
bogalicious
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Navyseal » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:18 pm

Well, I sit at 5-2 (would be 6-1 had I started Favre in his 6td game) and am a close 2nd in overall points by a mere 39... BUT... in this same main $$$ league ($400 per team), the winner of overall points is awarded 25% of the kitty while the Champion is awarded 40% of the kitty at the top of the payout pyramid. That said, I won both overall points AND was the Champ in my rookie campaign back in '03 behind Deuce, jamal, Brady/Vick, Holt, Ward, Shockey, and even Billy Miller... looking for that kind of payout once again in '08 since our entry fee is $100 more than it was my first year... here's my squad at any rate:

Big $$$ 12 tm, H2H Hyper-performance/Milestone keeper league:
QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-TE-K-D/ST + several other options
*McNabb, Favre
AP,*BJacobs,*Slaton, Chester
*RWhite,*VJax, Santonio(susp.), *Housh, DAvery, JMorgan, NWashington
*Scaife, MLewis
*Elam
TENN D/ST, *JAX D/ST
(5-2, a close 2nd in pts)

And yes, I FEEL your pain guys, but the season ain't over just yet ;-D
Last edited by Navyseal on Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BigBlue2005 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:10 pm

The amount of luck involved in FF can be really annoying. I am 4-3 with players like Burress and Owens doing crap while guys I got benched like Calvin Johnson and Lendale White explode. I've had 4 weeks where my bench did more than my starters. It's like no matter who I stick in the guy on the bench does better and most of my opponents don't even have quality players due to injuries and suspensions and then just grab guys off the waiver who happen to explode every time they play me.

Every single person in my league has had one of the best games of the year against me. All their nobody starters explode for one week and of course it's when I am facing them which is why I have more points against me than anyone else in the league and I have the 3rd most points scored in the league. It's really lame.
BigBlue2005
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Pickpower » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:33 pm

Our league on the myfantasyleague.com uses doubleheaders so almost every week you are playing against 2 teams... The order of our entire standings is almost always the same order of the point points scored...
Pickpower
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby The Lung » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:38 pm

Use the Head-to-Head Victory Point Scoring System(TM) system used in Antsports and MyFantasyLeague.com leagues and you run into this phenomenon far less.

For those not familiar with the concept, here it is:

The idea behind the H2H Victory Point Leagues is simple:
  • Total Point Leagues are not fun. After about half the season, most teams don't have a chance and are no longer interested.
  • Head-to-Head matchups are exciting, but sometimes are unfair. Each year, you see several leagues where a team with very high total points is struggling to make the playoffs. You would think that a team with high total points should be a lock for the playoffs, but it's not always true. Looking at the Head-to-Head matchups in typical H2H leagues, you can see the problem. The high scoring team lost two (or more) games during the regular season when they scored the second highest points. That's the "luck" factor that is reduced with this victory points league style.

Here's how these problems are fixed:
  • The League standings are kept with league points instead of wins and losses.
  • Each week you play head-to-head like normal leagues. A win awards your team with 2 League
    Points, a Tie 1 point, and a loss no points. (Actually, with fractional scoring, there are no ties. You either get 2 points for a win, or 0 for a loss.)
  • Each week, the teams are ordered by total fantasy points scored during that week. League points are also awarded for having high scores.

12-team league Victory Point assignment :

High Score - 2 League Points
2nd - 2 League Points
3rd - 2 League Points
4th - 2 League Points
5th - 1 League Point
6th - 1 League Point
7th - 1 League Point
8th - 1 League Point
9th - 0 League Points
10th - 0 League Points
11th - 0 League Points
12th - 0 League Points

If you get the second highest score and lose, you still get 2 league points.

Now, you can still trash talk and take on your archrival in Head-to-Head play. If you win, great. If you lose and scored high, you still get points. That nice high score is no longer wasted. It counts!

I believe that this Head-to-Head Victory Point scoring system provides the most balanced, competitive, and FAIR leagues available anywhere on the Internet.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby Popcynical » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:17 am

^^ I could use that system in one of my leagues. I'm second in points and have a .500 record. Most if the time when I lose I'd have beaten 70-80% of the other teams, but it was just my luck to play one of the top scorers that week.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting