Vent; Most points, losing record - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Vent; Most points, losing record

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Vent; Most points, losing record

Postby Mpro » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:12 am

I sit tied at 2-6 for last place in my league, yet 3rd in pts (10 teams/standard yahoo scoring).
Until my 95 pt win this week I was 1-6...still with the 3rd highest point total.
The previous 3 weeks I scored over 100 and would have beaten everyone except the ONE dude having his best game of the year.
My theory is that I should at least end up in a tie for 4th, and my points will carry me into the playoffs.
If this squad can't get it done I will be shocked!

Warner
Schaub

CJ4
Slaton
Ronnie B
MJD

CJ2
DeSean
Royal
Avery
Roy E Williams

Zach Miller
Kellen Winslow
Mpro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby venus » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:49 pm

To update my team since I started this thread. I have figured out how to guarantee winning... Score more than every team in the league every week. Seriously, my team has continued dominating as most points the last 3 weeks getting me to 5-4 now with a 100 + point gap between me and the next highest scoring team. Maybe whining is more than cathartic, as it turned my season around. This week my team was
Cutler
Ronnie Brown, CJ4
CJ2, Antonio Bryant, Kevin Curtis
Gonzo
Carney
GB D
Bench; jason Campbell, Addai, Gore, Steve smith(Carolina), Vincent Jackson, JCarlson, Prater, Carolina D
Hope the rest of you can turn your fortunes around as well. ;-D
venus
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Motown Blues » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:29 pm

After week 4, I was head and shoulders ahead of the rest of the league in scoring, yet stood at 1-3. "It will all even out," I said to my buddy. And it started to. I reeled off three straight, pulled to a tie for second place AT 4-3. I was happy. Then Romo broke his finger. Then Reggie Bush (PPR, mind you) screwed up his knee. Then LJ hit a woman. Then Brandon Marshall was on a bye. Then my sleeper start of Josh Morgan yielded me 0 points. THEN I WAS 4-4. It looks like I'll pull out a win this week, but the "evening-out" rationalization is a dangerous one, as our seasons are only SO long, and we can't keep losing (especially if first/second round picks keep NOT playing). Frustrating to seemingly get the league's best output EVERY week. I suppose the silver lining in all this is the tie-breaker effect the scoring has on final standings.
Motown Blues
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby venus » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:11 am

To update: Since I first posted this vent, I ran off 7 wins in my last 9 games. Finished over 100 points more than my next closest competitor, and after today, am headed to the Super Bowl. To reach the super bowl I had to beat a strong team that had beaten me both times this year headed by Brees, AP, DeWilliams, Jennings, & Dallas Clark. I also was without Addai & gore who were injured. Thanks to my receiving corp of CJ2, ABryant, Steve Smith, & Gonzo I was able to beat my nemesis with subpar play from Cutler, CJ4.24, and Ronnie Brown.
I am thinking that this thread post inspired the fantasy gods to look down on me head to head luck a bit better and hopefully this little run can continue one more week for the payoff would than total a healthy $700.
Good luck to those still alive ;-D and my sympathies to those not :~(
venus
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby padrino990_200 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:46 am

i also rattled off 4 or 5 wins to finish the season. winning $200 by winning the regular season. too bad my stat studded (cutler, CJ2.4, T Jones, Fitz, Marshall) team laid an egg this week when i lost in the semi-finals.
padrino990_200
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BigBlue2005 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:34 pm

Since my vent when I was 4-4 I won 6 straight going 10-4 losing this week. My league doesn't do playoffs for the jackpot of 700 it is whoever has the highest score. So it all comes down to next week. I need to win or score more points than 2 other teams if we tie and I get the 700.
BigBlue2005
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting