Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:03 am

treat24 wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:tried.. *tried* to watch Frank TV (caliendo show). Holy God awful.

i couldn't make it through the pilot episode back when it premiered.

I've been thoroughly disappointed in those shows. I loved his stand-up show they came out with prior to his show coming out and was really looking forward to some good laughs, but they've been terrible. I keep holding out hope though.

No surprise here, but I'm getting into that Monster Fish series on NatGeo. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:47 pm

Some shows on the cancel block but not yet canceled... I'm fine with any of them being canceled I guess...

Life
Pushing Daisies (which I actually enjoy, but probably wouldn't miss a ton)
Dirty Sexy Money
Lipstick Jungle
Eli Stone
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:35 am

treat24 wrote:Some shows on the cancel block but not yet canceled... I'm fine with any of them being canceled I guess...

Life
Pushing Daisies (which I actually enjoy, but probably wouldn't miss a ton)
Dirty Sexy Money
Lipstick Jungle
Eli Stone

yeah...i like Daisies, but i could live without it, i'm like 2 or 3 episodes behind

DSM i like too, hopefully that one sticks around

I watched Eli last year but decided to cut it, the others i dont watch...seeing as my DVR is always about 70% full it would probably be a good thing
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby treat24 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:38 pm

Life is moving to Wednesdays at 8PM in hopes of a jumpstart and Lipstick Jungle is moving to Friday nights at 9PM... which means it's on life support waiting to die...

CBS has pulled The Ex List...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:44 pm

treat24 wrote:Life is moving to Wednesdays at 8PM in hopes of a jumpstart and Lipstick Jungle is moving to Friday nights at 9PM... which means it's on life support waiting to die...

ah...Friday Night...where bad shows go to die

Treat...did you watch Vanished when it was on...FOX i think. i know they did the final few episodes on-line...it ended so terribly
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby treat24 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:53 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
treat24 wrote:Life is moving to Wednesdays at 8PM in hopes of a jumpstart and Lipstick Jungle is moving to Friday nights at 9PM... which means it's on life support waiting to die...

Treat...did you watch Vanished when it was on...FOX i think. i know they did the final few episodes on-line...it ended so terribly

Yes and No, I think you'll completely understand this. It was one of those shows that I thought was a cool premise but wasn't sure how they could pull off more than a one season series without having fans demand more answers. I watched the first couple episodes but then fell behind. They sat on my DVR and when it was being pulled I decided not to invest my time and end up getting upset at no closure or finality... like I did with Tru Calling. So I axed the episodes from my DVR. Long story short, watched a couple, never finished. :-° :-) So how did it end up?
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:29 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:No surprise here, but I'm getting into that Monster Fish series on NatGeo. :-D

I've seen a few of those two. The giant catfish of the Mekong are cool.

I've seen a tiger shark in real life that was about 12 feet long and weighed something around 1400 pounds. Talk about a monster. Fortunately (or not, depending on your point of view) it was hanging from a crane on the dock and not while I was spearfishing.

One of my to-do items is to go to Costa Rica and catch a black marlin.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:34 pm

treat24 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

Yes and No, I think you'll completely understand this. It was one of those shows that I thought was a cool premise but wasn't sure how they could pull off more than a one season series without having fans demand more answers. I watched the first couple episodes but then fell behind. They sat on my DVR and when it was being pulled I decided not to invest my time and end up getting upset at no closure or finality... like I did with Tru Calling. So I axed the episodes from my DVR. Long story short, watched a couple, never finished. :-° :-) So how did it end up?

i cant recall much, but it was bad...i liked the show but what they did for the ending was a joke (although i cant recall)...consider yourself glad to not have wasted those hours
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:47 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:No surprise here, but I'm getting into that Monster Fish series on NatGeo. :-D

I've seen a few of those two. The giant catfish of the Mekong are cool.

I've seen a tiger shark in real life that was about 12 feet long and weighed something around 1400 pounds. Talk about a monster. Fortunately (or not, depending on your point of view) it was hanging from a crane on the dock and not while I was spearfishing.

One of my to-do items is to go to Costa Rica and catch a black marlin.

Yeah, catching a marlin is supposed to be the ultimate experience. We'll need pics. :-D

I watched a Monster Fish show last night that was documenting sharks in freshwater, up rivers, sometimes miles from the ocean, as far as Illinois even. Most were bull sharks which is frightening considering their aggressive nature. But the more fascinating one, in my opinion, was this Greenland Shark that, after hours and days looking, the divers swam right next to. It was something like 10-12 feet long and it was clear up the St. Lawrence River north of Maine. That'd be a crazy sight to see (hopefully you see it first :-o ).

Oh, I have another fishing question for you so check that thread. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:56 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Yeah, catching a marlin is supposed to be the ultimate experience. We'll need pics. :-D

I watched a Monster Fish show last night that was documenting sharks in freshwater, up rivers, sometimes miles from the ocean, as far as Illinois even. Most were bull sharks which is frightening considering their aggressive nature. But the more fascinating one, in my opinion, was this Greenland Shark that, after hours and days looking, the divers swam right next to. It was something like 10-12 feet long and it was clear up the St. Lawrence River north of Maine. That'd be a crazy sight to see (hopefully you see it first :-o ).

Oh, I have another fishing question for you so check that thread. :-D

Yep, most any freshwater shark is likely a bull. Lake Nicaragua, the Ganges river shark, all bulls. There was also an outbreak of attacks near Jersey involving a great white a few decades ago. A hearty species like sharks can survive freshwater; some have more luck than others. I wouldn't expect to see a pelagic shark like a blue in a freshwater river, but yeah, bull sharks are very tolerant of it and they're very bad news.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk