Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby treat24 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:31 pm

definitely enjoying Life on Mars... love the music as well.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:31 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Yeah, catching a marlin is supposed to be the ultimate experience. We'll need pics. :-D

I watched a Monster Fish show last night that was documenting sharks in freshwater, up rivers, sometimes miles from the ocean, as far as Illinois even. Most were bull sharks which is frightening considering their aggressive nature. But the more fascinating one, in my opinion, was this Greenland Shark that, after hours and days looking, the divers swam right next to. It was something like 10-12 feet long and it was clear up the St. Lawrence River north of Maine. That'd be a crazy sight to see (hopefully you see it first :-o ).

Oh, I have another fishing question for you so check that thread. :-D

Yep, most any freshwater shark is likely a bull. Lake Nicaragua, the Ganges river shark, all bulls. There was also an outbreak of attacks near Jersey involving a great white a few decades ago. A hearty species like sharks can survive freshwater; some have more luck than others. I wouldn't expect to see a pelagic shark like a blue in a freshwater river, but yeah, bull sharks are very tolerant of it and they're very bad news.

On the show they went over the Jersey attacks and the experts surmised that the attacks were likely bulls, but the one they caught happened to be a great white just off shore, but in the ocean. They just assumed they'd caught the culprit, but these experts think they caught the wrong shark, or at least not the one responsible for most of the attacks.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Kilroy » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:11 am

So are we talking about Riversharks or Lipstick Jungle?

Like a treat personal ad...living in the latter hoping for the former. :-B

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby treat24 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:36 am

King of the Hill will run this year and next (2009-2010) and is done after that. Fox is canceling it. Obviously grabbing enough time to find new shows and test them in and out of the lineup. They have tried things like til death, war at home, quintuplets, the loop, among others and non fit in that lineup and were moved to weekdays before being canceled. Yes i know til death isn't canceled but after taking out the neighbors and bring in JB Smoove, it should be and ratings are dropping.

My guess is they are going to look for another animated and that will take time. KotH's ratings have been flat.

Simpsons, Family Guy, and American Dad are all doing well on Sunday Nights and future is looking bright for all three.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:55 am

treat24 wrote:definitely enjoying Life on Mars... love the music as well.

i've still only seen the pilot...hopefully catch up soon. same situation with My Own Worst Enemy
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby treat24 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:04 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
treat24 wrote:definitely enjoying Life on Mars... love the music as well.

i've still only seen the pilot...hopefully catch up soon. same situation with My Own Worst Enemy

I just watched the first 3 episodes of MOWE on Saturday... I like it so far... shows like that are tough because they cost so much to make that they need to do really well out of the gate. I like it so far, it's different than I thought it would be, but in a good way.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:47 pm

Dexter = Best show on TV

don't bother arguing that... it's a fact. :-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:05 pm

treat24 wrote:Dexter = Best show on TV

Season 1 was pretty dang good...i watched like 2 episodes of Season 2 before Fall TV started up. i'll get it watched at some point.

i'm also trying to watch The Wire

the problem is I usually fall asleep by 9:00-10:00 and it's usually watching some sort of compromise show with the Wife. she likes Dexter, hates the Wire...yet i still have to watch Desperate Housewives and Grey's Annatomy :-C although i'll admit i dont hate those shows
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RiffRaff » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:38 pm

katt and kim = worst show

don't bother arguing that... it's a fact.
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:19 pm

RiffRaff wrote:

katt and kim = worst show

don't bother arguing that... it's a fact.

I am forced to watch it. My wife says its punishment for watching 15 college football games a week
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk