Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby dream_017 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:16 am

logan wrote:i really can't wait till lost restarts.

Wednesday January 21st ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:25 am

logan wrote:heroes is about 2 seconds from getting cut from my viewing pleasure. i really can't wait till lost restarts. people can hate all they want but the show is till better than more than half of the shows on tv right now.heroes fell of the grand canyon with the mess they put out every week.

havent you heard...the second half of season 3 "Fugitives" is supposed to be much, much better ;-7
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby treat24 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:32 pm

bye bye the mentalist

got sick of it. Jane is always right and people still bet him (make bets/wagers on stuff he concludes and the like)... Greg House does his schtick... and is 1000x better at it. There are tons of crime dramas. At least House is wrong a lot and it makes him more human and believeable. Jane is an annoying character after awhile. Too arrogant and smug and never wrong. The first episode with Jane's backstory about his family and the Red John killer... that is the storyline they needed to stick with. It's been 4-5 episodes since with not one mention. I'm tired of you. I like Simon Baker as an actor. This character sucks and the show needs better writers. I deleted last night's episode midshow.

thanks for playing
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby treat24 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:46 pm

Lipstick Jungle has been canceled just one week after moving to Fridays to die.

My Own Worst Enemy has also been canceled. Not a surprise. It was ok, but like I told my wife when it started... a show like that costs so much to make that it needed to be a hit.

They will continue to air all filmed episodes of both shows until they have a replacement but will not continue filming new ones.

MadTV has also been canceled. This season will be the last. I'm honestly shocked it lasted this long.

Sanctuary has had a 2nd season ordered. Heard ok stuff... Haven't seen it. I don't wander over to the CW much.

-----------

Wondering when some shows return with new episodes this winter? Here’s a list of returning shows (with premiere dates in parenthesis):
24 (January 11th & 12th)
According to Jim (December 2nd)
American Idol (January 14th)
The Bachelor (January 5th)
Battlestar Galactica (January 16th)
Big Love (January 18th)
Breaking Bad (January 18th)
Burn Notice (January 22nd)
The Closer (January 26th)
Damages (January 7th)
Flight of the Conchords (January 18th)
Kyle XY (January 12th)
Lost (January 21st)
The L Word (January 18th)
Medium (date hasn’t been announced yet)
Monk (January 9th)
Nip/Tuck (January 6th)
Psych (January 9th)
Scrubs (moves to ABC, date hasn’t been announced yet)
Secret Diary of a Call Girl (January 18th)
The Secret Life of the American Teenager (January 5th)

Dates haven’t been announced yet for the season premieres of Medium or Scrubs so it’s possible they may not return ’til sometime after January.

A special two-hour 24 movie airs on November 23rd.

Monk and Psych also both air special new Christmas episodes on November 28th (the day after Thanksgiving).
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:46 pm

By the way... thank god flight of the conchords is coming back... that show was hilarious.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:04 pm

I'm shocked MadTV lasted as long as it has, too. It's horrible. The reruns are like a giant black hole in the afternoon on Comedy Central.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:20 pm

knapplc wrote:I'm shocked MadTV lasted as long as it has, too. It's horrible. The reruns are like a giant black hole in the afternoon on Comedy Central.

People talk about how SNL has lost it and how it isn't good and such... MadTV isn't 1/10th the show SNL is... yet it stayed on the air for so long. MadTV is unbearable. They have about 3-5 good skits every half decade. Yes... I realize that means they have had less than 10 good skits in the show's history.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:27 pm

Anybody watch Time Warp on the Discovery Channel? I've been watching that along with How It's Made with the kid and they're pretty entertaining shows.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:29 pm

treat24 wrote:Lipstick Jungle has been canceled just one week after moving to Fridays to die.

My Own Worst Enemy has also been canceled. Not a surprise. It was ok, but like I told my wife when it started... a show like that costs so much to make that it needed to be a hit.

i think i may just delete those episodes in my DVR then...no need to get hooked on something that's getting canceled...or do you reccomend i watch?

They will continue to air all filmed episodes of both shows until they have a replacement but will not continue filming new ones.

MadTV has also been canceled. This season will be the last. I'm honestly shocked it lasted this long.

Sanctuary has had a 2nd season ordered. Heard ok stuff... Haven't seen it. I don't wander over to the CW much.

-----------

Wondering when some shows return with new episodes this winter? Here’s a list of returning shows (with premiere dates in parenthesis):
24 (January 11th & 12th) :-/
According to Jim (December 2nd) :-t
American Idol (January 14th) :-t
The Bachelor (January 5th) :-t
Battlestar Galactica (January 16th) have heard good things, no time to watch. my brother has the DVD's
Big Love (January 18th) ;-D ;-D
Breaking Bad (January 18th) ;-D ;-D
Burn Notice (January 22nd)
The Closer (January 26th)
Damages (January 7th)
Flight of the Conchords (January 18th) :-t sorry...i just dont like it
Kyle XY (January 12th)
Lost (January 21st) ;-D ;-D
The L Word (January 18th) :-L i'd like to see it
Medium (date hasn’t been announced yet)
Monk (January 9th)
Nip/Tuck (January 6th)
Psych (January 9th)
Scrubs (moves to ABC, date hasn’t been announced yet)
Secret Diary of a Call Girl (January 18th) i'd like to see it
The Secret Life of the American Teenager (January 5th)

Dates haven’t been announced yet for the season premieres of Medium or Scrubs so it’s possible they may not return ’til sometime after January.

A special two-hour 24 movie airs on November 23rd.

Monk and Psych also both air special new Christmas episodes on November 28th (the day after Thanksgiving).

thanks Treat...i added some comments
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby treat24 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:34 pm

Nah Dan... it's an ok show, and different (read "better") than I thought it would be. They are not filming a close to it, so I am stopping outright. I won't even watch the remaining 4-5 episodes. (They filmed 9)... IF they had notice and were going to film a "closure" to the series... I'd stick it out. Since the 9th episode has already been filmed already I don't think there will be closure. They had way too much technology and graphic stuff. The show did need it... but that usually spells doom for a new show. I'd just delete them and make room for something else. :-D

About Flight of the Conchords... I didn't like it at first either, but it grew on me. I think a big factor for me is I caught on late (thanks moonhead) and watched the first 6 or so episodes in one day. One after another. So by the end of that 3 hour stint, I grew to like it. Admittedly at the beginning I was like... bah... So If I had watched it week to week, for example: caught episode 1... waited a week, watched episode 2. and so on... I probably would have quit and not turned back. I generally hate shows with singing scenes. Many of those singing scenes annoy me... some of the songs are hilarious though. Their humor is just so subtle that later in the season and upon rewatching of the whole season, I cried laughing... What I am hoping for from that show is a The Office type turnaround. Season 1 of The Office was nothing to write home about. Funny stuff, but not half the show it is now. Everyone knows that it is up their in my favorites. Heck, season 1's "The Alliance" is still one of my favorite episodes... but come season 2 that show took off. Much like the Simpsons after a couple seasons. We'll see...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk