Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby knapplc » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:23 am

Doppler On Wheels.

It's their mobile radar they use to pinpoint tornadoes so they can send people to intercept.

How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:35 am

Ah I see....thats funny, while most people are running from where the tornadoes will be these guys try to find exactly where they are and run toward them. :-b :-o
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:45 am

A Colbert Christmas. Wasn't bad...and I'm happy that angel got her balls.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:28 pm

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer!! the 1964 version. Been watching it every December since I'm a kid and I love it, it makes the Christmas season start to feel real :-)

'Have a holly jolly Christmas, it's the best time of the year'
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Guru13 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:09 pm

Ah, Christmas traditions. We always watch 'A Christmas Story' when Christmas Day gets close. Great movie. ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Kilroy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:12 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:Ah, Christmas traditions. We always watch 'A Christmas Story' when Christmas Day gets close. Great movie. ;-D

It's on TNT or TBS (can't remember which) all day on Christmas. I usually end up watching it like 3 times. Gotta love that lamp. :-D ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby treat24 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:10 am

Some more updates for those who care:

CBS has ordered 5 more episodes of their really dumb show Eleventh Hour that is only sticking around because of it's Thursday night timeslot after CSI... the night where all of america watches TV. Now that studios look at DVR Recordings I bet a ton of people record this stupid show and never watch it. That and CBS has been pumping out a lot of crap when it comes to hour long dramas...

Friday Night Lights star Aimee Teegarden joins 90210 ... This doesn't mean the end for Friday Night Lights. FNL has 13 episode seasons and stars are encouraged to find other work and expand their profile... I LOVE FNL... it comes back to NBC Jan. 16th... Aimee joining 90210 isn't a great sign either though.

CW is bringing back Reaper on March 17th for an uninterrupted 13 week run.

Season 2 of Celebrity Apprentice will be 2 hour long episodes with up to an hour of boardroom action.

Californication renewed for Season 3

Life on Mars has added Fred Thompson as NYPD Police Chief. Another great sign for the show. Adding names and spending money after an increase in episodes...

The Office will get the post Superbowl slot on NBC this year.

ER signs off March 12th. That show was on the air like 14 years too long as it were.

I have tons more, but these were the bigger ones and I'm not sure if people care about reading these.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby treat24 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:23 am

Kilroy wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:Ah, Christmas traditions. We always watch 'A Christmas Story' when Christmas Day gets close. Great movie. ;-D

It's on TNT or TBS (can't remember which) all day on Christmas. I usually end up watching it like 3 times. Gotta love that lamp. :-D ;-D

TBS from 7PM Christmas Eve to 7PM Christmas I believe
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby dream_017 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:48 am

scottaa1 wrote:Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer!! the 1964 version. Been watching it every December since I'm a kid and I love it, it makes the Christmas season start to feel real :-)

'Have a holly jolly Christmas, it's the best time of the year'

;-D

Watched it last night with the kids, although I think I watched more of it than they did

It was actually on last night (2) times on TNT
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:47 am

Kilroy wrote:

I own a replica of that lamp. I think I'll set it in the front windows for the holiday season. :-)

Christmas Story is great. We had to read the short stories it's based on while I was in school.

"Daddy's gunna kill Ralphie!"
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk