Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby Kilroy » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:06 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:Ah, Christmas traditions. We always watch 'A Christmas Story' when Christmas Day gets close. Great movie. ;-D

It's on TNT or TBS (can't remember which) all day on Christmas. I usually end up watching it like 3 times. Gotta love that lamp. :-D ;-D

I own a replica of that lamp. I think I'll set it in the front windows for the holiday season. :-)

Christmas Story is great. We had to read the short stories it's based on while I was in school.

"Daddy's gunna kill Ralphie!"

Rudolph's cool too. Gotta love Yukon Cornelius. ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guru13 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:52 pm

Kilroy wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:Ah, Christmas traditions. We always watch 'A Christmas Story' when Christmas Day gets close. Great movie. ;-D

It's on TNT or TBS (can't remember which) all day on Christmas. I usually end up watching it like 3 times. Gotta love that lamp. :-D ;-D

"Frah-gee-lay....must be french!" says winner of a 'major award', wife responds "I think that says 'fragile'."
:-b I love that part.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:43 pm

treat24 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
treat24 wrote:
It was a hilarious show last night :-b

you gotta pay the Troll toll :-b

to get into the boy's hole... I mean boy's soul... :-b

ALRIGHT! Some sunny love i like it ;-D

this season was probably better than season 3, but I love it all. You guys should watch season 3's "the gang gets invincible" where they try out for the eagles. My favorites are probably the underage drinking one and "the gang runs for office" if anyone cares. I cant wait til next season. In "charlie and mac die" from this season, when mac drives the car straight into the wall I almost popped a blood vessel. ;-D :-b

btw, spike is now playing old "jackass" episodes. mtv does NOT deserve it ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby treat24 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:09 am

Michael Scott will get roasted in The Office's Super Bowl episode. Past guest stars may join Michael's employees in a roast of the clueless boss.

Arrested Development movie is scheduled to start filming in Spring/Summer of 2009
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:17 am

treat24 wrote:Some more updates for those who care:

CW is bringing back Reaper on March 17th for an uninterrupted 13 week run.

I have tons more, but these were the bigger ones and I'm not sure if people care about reading these.

sweet...Reaper is pretty cool (and what's her name is H-O-T)

go ahead and PM me the other shows...i'm a TV nerd

treat24 wrote:Arrested Development movie is scheduled to start filming in Spring/Summer of 2009

i hope this doesnt suck
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:17 am

treat24 wrote:Some more updates for those who care:

CBS has ordered 5 more episodes of their really dumb show Eleventh Hour that is only sticking around because of it's Thursday night timeslot after CSI... the night where all of america watches TV. Now that studios look at DVR Recordings I bet a ton of people record this stupid show and never watch it. That and CBS has been pumping out a lot of crap when it comes to hour long dramas...

Friday Night Lights star Aimee Teegarden joins 90210 ... This doesn't mean the end for Friday Night Lights. FNL has 13 episode seasons and stars are encouraged to find other work and expand their profile... I LOVE FNL... it comes back to NBC Jan. 16th... Aimee joining 90210 isn't a great sign either though.

CW is bringing back Reaper on March 17th for an uninterrupted 13 week run.

Season 2 of Celebrity Apprentice will be 2 hour long episodes with up to an hour of boardroom action.

Californication renewed for Season 3

[b]Life on Mars has added Fred Thompson as NYPD Police Chief. Another great sign for the show. Adding names and spending money after an increase in episodes... [/b]

The Office will get the post Superbowl slot on NBC this year.

ER signs off March 12th. That show was on the air like 14 years too long as it were.

I have tons more, but these were the bigger ones and I'm not sure if people care about reading these.

The last episodes cliff hanger pissed me off. What is in the basement 8-o I want to know before Christmas :~(
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:57 pm

The wife's been watching that Secret Millionaire show. Claims it's really good, real tear jerker, so I might have to sit down and watch it with her sometime.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby treat24 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:57 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:The wife's been watching that Secret Millionaire show. Claims it's really good, real tear jerker, so I might have to sit down and watch it with her sometime.

It's ok... the only annoying thing is that it is quite possibly the most staged reality show in the history of television.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby eagles21 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:53 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

"Frah-gee-lay....must be french!" says winner of a 'major award', wife responds "I think that says 'fragile'."

I think it's Italian, not French. ;-)

I've seen that movie way too many times. :-b
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:35 pm

eagles21 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

I think it's Italian, not French. ;-)

I've seen that movie way too many times. :-b

smarty pants. :^

:-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext