Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube?

Postby Metroid » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:26 pm

knapplc wrote:
Metroid wrote:I watch Project Runway with Shannon! :-B

Dude. You can save yourself if you tell us there's hot chicks on there. Otherwise... I've got bad news for you... :-b

Well there were a couple that I thought were good looking, most probably wouldn't think so. Actually the girl that won this season was from Portland and she's cute....kind of a bookwormy, nerdy girl but cute. :-D

I also like watching Top Chef that's on the same channel. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:31 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:it definitely has happened...there's this one 'fruit' if that's what you wanna call it that he's tried on more than one occasion and has said it's the worst thing he's ever tasted. :-b I'll try to find it.

found it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian

Yeah that was the first episode I saw where he actually couldn't stomach swallowing even one bite. He looked like he was gonna hurl. He even says something about how he's eaten all kinds of weird and strange things and he felt a little defeated that what got him was a fruit. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:48 pm

treat24 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
treat24 wrote:
I watch many of those Dan, some I don't but I should check out. I singled this out because the premier was quality. I believe it's on tonight or tomorrow night, forget which, but that first episode was well worth it. Seems like the premise woulda made a good movie, we'll see how long they can stretch it. Honestly, the first episode reminded me of Quantum Leap in a way. Watch it and I think you'll understand what I mean.

Quality list there :)

i know it's a reboot of a British show, and also reminds me of last years Journeyman (which wasnt renewed :,-( ) hopefully i can check it out in the next week or so...it doesnt help that between me and my wife one of us seems to fall asleep at 9:00 and we both watch these all together

oh yeah...i also watched the Kath and Kim pilot...it wasnt anything special but i have a thing for Selma Blair so it made it tolerable

30 Rock also makes the list whenever that starts back up

Journeyman was ok, but he flipped back and forth through time and there was another time traveler and it was REALLY something that could have made a good 2 hour movie, but it made for a tv show with very little staying power. I can see the comparison. This guy seems to be stuck in 73 or whatever... it also appears it is in his head after being hit by a car... as he can hear the present day voices at times. It also may not have the staying power as people will want him to get back to Lisa Bonet.

I do give every show I can a few episodes, this one might sour, but the pilot was good and Journeyman's pilot was OK. However as it went for a couple it lost the magic for me.

I missed the Kath and Kim Pilot... I should catch that online. Problem: I like selma blair, I hate molly shannon... would you watch given that scenario? :-)

30 rock rules

she's pretty hot in it, i'd at least check it out

Metroid wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Metroid wrote:I watch Project Runway with Shannon! :-B

Dude. You can save yourself if you tell us there's hot chicks on there. Otherwise... I've got bad news for you... :-b

Well there were a couple that I thought were good looking, most probably wouldn't think so. Actually the girl that won this season was from Portland and she's cute....kind of a bookwormy, nerdy girl but cute. :-D

I also like watching Top Chef that's on the same channel. ;-D

Top Chef is teh awesome ;-D

Do you like burritos :-b
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:19 pm

treat24 wrote:There is probably a thread on it... dream?

Sorry, we had a crisis at work and I didn't make it down here until now.

Last year's Fall TV thread

Personally, I don't really have any shows that are must watch for me...except Football :^ These are a few of the shows I will watch if I happen to catch them:
Big Bang Theory
Survivor - yes, for some reason I have been hooked on it from the begininning and can't tear myself away
Daily Show
Late Night with David Letterman
Lost (when it is on)
Seinfeld reruns :-)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:40 pm

This is what I watch or have DVRed and haven't watched

Raising the Bar
Law and Order
Damages
Boston Legal
How I met your mother
Til Death
Dirty Sexy Money
Jay Unmarried
Life on Mars (havent seen yet)
My Own Worst Enemy (Havent seen yet)

Thats it for right now I think

I also watch a lot of college football that I DVR and then watch during the week
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:53 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:This is what I watch or have DVRed and haven't watched

Raising the Bar
Law and Order
Damages
Boston Legal
How I met your mother
Til Death
Dirty Sexy Money
Jay Unmarried

I also watch a lot of college football that I DVR and then watch during the week

i used to like Til Death until they retooled it. J.B. Smoove just bugs me (forget his characters name) plus didnt they get rid of the neighbors? that neighbor girl was H-O-T

P.S. Joley Fisher has some massive bewbz

P.P.S. isnt it Gary Unmarried with Jay Mohr?

P.P.P.S. i still watch the Simpsons too
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:59 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:This is what I watch or have DVRed and haven't watched

Raising the Bar
Law and Order
Damages
Boston Legal
How I met your mother
Til Death
Dirty Sexy Money
Jay Unmarried

i used to like Til Death until they retooled it. J.B. Smoove just bugs me (forget his characters name) plus didnt they get rid of the neighbors? that neighbor girl was H-O-T

P.S. Joley Fisher has some massive bewbz

P.P.S. isnt it Gary Unmarried with Jay Mohr?

P.P.P.S. i still watch the Simpsons too

Yea I actually havent watched it since they retooled it (i have like 8 on DVR) it probably will get dumped because yes, it started to suck now

PS Yes she does

PPS Yes it is !+)

PPPS - Catch it sometimes - I forgot Family Guy 8-o
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:05 pm

So... how big are all of yours? DVRs. I DVR a relatively small number of shows compared to what I've seen here and it seems like I'm always about to run out of space. I"ll clear a few things off in the evening, and the next night when I get home, I'm back to 98% full again. I was told it was ~80 hours of record time, but I just checked and I have 20 shows stored and it's at 95% full. Some are low-def, most are HD. Do you have huge hard drives in your boxes or do you have external drives hooked up or do you just spend hours and hours each night watching stuff and deleting it to make more room??
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby treat24 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:14 pm

Same with me and til death... the retool killed the show and Kat Foster was very hot in it. I like Gary unmarried.

scott: my dvrs hold somewhere between 80-100 hours of HD it seems. I've never gotten over 70% and have had upwards of 50 shows. I almost always record in HD. I can not begin to comprehend how much regular tv that is. I think you need to ask your cable company for a new DVR. My old one from a few years ago barely held 20 shows like yours does now. DVRs have gotten much better and bigger in the last couple years.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby knapplc » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:15 pm

You people clearly have no children. You wouldn't have nearly enough time to watch that much TV if you did, and even if somehow you did, your DVR would be full of kid's shows.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk