Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:00 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
joejlitz wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:This may very well be the best television show of my life time. The writing is impeccable, the acting is great. For a show that deals with such serious subject matter, it has a surprisingly good (albeit dark and sardonic) sense of humor.

That's a bold statement. I guess I'll have to try it out. When is it on? What channel?

AMC, Sundays. Not sure what time. I'd definitely suggest watching it in order, though. Last night was the season two premier, they may have season one on the website, or you can definitely get it on DVD.

Sunday's at 10:00 and recap at 11:00...Season 1 might be On Demand as well...AMC does a great job with that and Mad Men...definately reccomend both shows

i'm really enjoying East Bound and Down on HBO right now too...hilarious
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joejlitz » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:47 pm

Danny Gokey wins American Idol this year. You heard it here first!
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby logan » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:10 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i'm really enjoying East Bound and Down on HBO right now too...hilarious

this show is fantastic.Danny McBride is gonna be huge.he was great in The Foot Fist Way he pretty much stole all of Hot Rod (the movie was painful to watch most of the time except for his parts) and was great in both Pineapple Express and Tropic Thunder as secondary characters.his explanation on why he hates bird baths on EB&D was about the funniest things i've ever heard on a show.i also like how one episode roles right into the next.criag robinson is on the next episode with will ferrell so should be a great one.

also Katy Mixon is pretty dame hot.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:10 am

logan wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:i'm really enjoying East Bound and Down on HBO right now too...hilarious

this show is fantastic.Danny McBride is gonna be huge.he was great in The Foot Fist Way he pretty much stole all of Hot Rod (the movie was painful to watch most of the time except for his parts) and was great in both Pineapple Express and Tropic Thunder as secondary characters.his explanation on why he hates bird baths on EB&D was about the funniest things i've ever heard on a show.i also like how one episode roles right into the next.criag robinson is on the next episode with will ferrell so should be a great one.

also Katy Mixon is pretty dame hot.

yeah i hope she takes out her jubblies
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby confused_jake » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:45 am

Anyone still watch the office? last nights episode was like watching a car accident. the situation in the office getting slowly and slowly worse.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby joejlitz » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:38 am

confused_jake wrote:Anyone still watch the office? last nights episode was like watching a car accident. the situation in the office getting slowly and slowly worse.

I love that show, but I was behind on watching it and DVRed everything.

Then my DVR crapped the bed, so I lost all of the episodes. The only ones I saw this season were the 1st one and the one with the Golden Ticket and I thought they were both still very funny.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby confused_jake » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:00 pm

joejlitz wrote:
confused_jake wrote:Anyone still watch the office? last nights episode was like watching a car accident. the situation in the office getting slowly and slowly worse.

I love that show, but I was behind on watching it and DVRed everything.

Then my DVR crapped the bed, so I lost all of the episodes. The only ones I saw this season were the 1st one and the one with the Golden Ticket and I thought they were both still very funny.

Wow that sucks. You can watch all of this season on nbc.com though, its awesome!
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby joejlitz » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:49 pm

Watched "Will Ferrell: You're Welcome America. A Night with George Bush" on HBO and thought it was funny as hell. Ferrell remains a comedic genius. Love him! ;-D
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby joejlitz » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:41 am

ESPN Classic runs a pretty good show, called Top 5 Reasons You Can't Blame...

The 1st two I saw are Top 5 Reasons You Can't Blame the Edmonton Oilers for Trading Wayne Gretzky and the 1919 Black Socks for Throwing the W.S.

I've got Bill Buckner DVR'ed. It's a pretty good 30 minute show worth a look.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby eagles21 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:55 pm

I've been watching Man vs. Food on the Travel Channel a lot lately. That's a great show, along with "Bizarre Foods", another one on the Travel Channel. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk