Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby treat24 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:04 pm

As I predicted after seeing the very first commercial for it... Kings has been canceled. They will run off the remaining 8 episodes on Saturday nights. Don't expect closure to the series. Pushing Daisies, Dirty Sexy Money, and Eli Stone will have their remaining episodes run off on Saturday nights as well. As you know all these shows have been canceled as well. Don't expect closure to these series' either.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Amazinz » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:30 pm

They did a piss poor job of telling people what Kings was about. Not that that would have necessarily saved it but I bet most people who just saw the trailer had no idea it was an alternate-Earth, modernized retelling of David (and Goliath) and King Saul from the Bible.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The_Captain » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:30 am

The wife and I watched "Harper's Island" last night - very interesting show and was a bit surprised at how far to the edge the show pushed the graphicness of the killings, despite the fact it was on at 9:00pm.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:45 am

The_Captain wrote:The wife and I watched "Harper's Island" last night - very interesting show and was a bit surprised at how far to the edge the show pushed the graphicness of the killings, despite the fact it was on at 9:00pm.

I love that Harper's Island will conclude with closure after it's 13 show run. If there is a season 2, it will be a different place, similar premise, etc etc... Pretty sweet that all the loops will be closed in 13 episodes. It's done, so even if it gets canceled, fans will get closure via burn-off or dvd.

speaking of that...

Does anyone watch Dollhouse? As I predicted as well... it's been canceled. Sorry m16a, but I told you so... lol... The cool part: Fox is only airing 12 of the 13 episodes... failing to air the series finale. Why you may ask... Joss Wheden has a huge cult following, especially after Firefly. Fox's plan: fans will buy the DVD which is set to drop July 28th. The DVD WILL contain the series finale. Fans hate the move and I've read blogs saying this move proves Fox is run by monkeys. I think it's the opposite... fox has screwed up many things, and yes this will annoy wheden/Dollhouse fans... but it's pure evil genius. A 1 season - 13 episode DVD will probably cost just little enough that all the cult following will pick it up. They will not be allowing the 13th episode online... smart.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:01 am

Amazinz wrote:They did a piss poor job of telling people what Kings was about. Not that that would have necessarily saved it but I bet most people who just saw the trailer had no idea it was an alternate-Earth, modernized retelling of David (and Goliath) and King Saul from the Bible.

true, combine poor advertising, with high cost of production with poor timeslot... and you'll see why i pegged it for cancelation from day 1. I didn't even watch an episode because I didn't want to get invested in a soon-to-be-canceled show.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:02 am

Dollhouse is not cancelled...yet. But I imagine it will be if the ratings continue. Anyway, the unaired episode is not a finale. It is a story takes place a long time after the show and from what I understand was always intended to be DVD-only.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby logan » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:07 pm

http://io9.com/5206329/now-were-really- ... son-finale

that's the up to date story on DH. not canceled,13th ep wont air as we have heard and may not make the dvds set.contains a slight spoiler on what the 13th ep would entail but nothing earth shattering to the on going plot.

here are some more quotes from whedon on DH and some of it's issues and of course who would win in a fight consisting of buffy vs river tam.

http://io9.com/5207864/joss-whedon-acce ... iver-fight
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Tyeattolah » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:06 am

caught an episode of Flash Point Friday night, first time I had watched it. Not a bad program but hard to judge with only one episode under my belt. ;-D
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:45 pm

joejlitz wrote:Danny Gokey wins American Idol this year. You heard it here first!

He's still standing, though I must say that gay kid should win this thing. He is an unbelievable singer and had an awesome performance this week. Everytime he sings, his voice reminds me of Axl Rose.

You know you're watching; it's ok to comment on American Idol :-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby treat24 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:30 pm

My apologies on jumping the Dollhouse cancel button. But my finger remains on the button... I have several sources that have it as good as canceled, although some aren't always super reliable. However, . wheden himself said he even doubts the possibility of a season two. My sources said it's been give the arrested development treatment so-to-speak. "Get ratings or it's done..." Since shows on Friday night don't get ratings, and when they do it's never that high... alonbg with what i've read... I jumped the gun. I would bet serious money Dollhouse; which isn't a very good show in the first place as it costs a lot to make, and gets poor ratings... (dreaded triple whammy) is done. Even Wheden believes so (that it's done). In also getting the ... "it's done... but not official word.." treatment:

Sarah Connor Terminator how did this show last two seasons chronicles... also known as... the show that made it two seasons because geeks like terminators and summer glau I'll just linky this one: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/sco ... set-t.html ... I'm still surprised it got picked up for season two. Summer got a cult following... Having a 9 episode first season helped. :-b

Also from SciFi Wire.... Eliza Dushku thinks the 13th episode not being aired will help renewal chances. She seems to have gotten the same info I have seen that the remaining episodes, and their ratings are hugely important. Fox is taking note she says or something to that effect...I'll find the quote... "Dushku also echoed, pun intended, series creator Joss Whedon's sentiments that Fox is still taking note of the show's performance for the remainder of the season." We'll see. If I were on Vegas... I'd bet on bye bye. :-b

Better Off Ted might be in the same boat. some actors have been auditioning for new shows. Anders for one. I can't remember... would have to recheck... but I think Anders even landed a lead on a new show. I really enjoy Better OffTED... not sure... I haven't read anything real inside... just some spec right now...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk