Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby logan » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:33 am

i wasn't trying to dispute you thoughts on DH being canceled i was just trying to throw some info out there. given whedon's past with fox and the way they are treating the show now i would not be surprised to see it out the door as joss is even skeptical.friday night has historically been the death night for fox shows. on another note heroes has been renewed and honestly that show is terrible and has almost no discernible direction and if it comes back so should DH (even though it's different networks).

plus alan tudyk (aka wash) will be on DH soon and that's one guy that deserves more work. ;-D

also the T:SCC's last couple episodes along with the finale were pretty good. although it's more or less an alternate universe Terminator i enjoyed everything about it.probably won't get renewed but it was a good show. also yes Summer Glau is hot.

on another note it's a real shame about Castle most likely out the door as well. i love nathan fillion and i think he was fantastic in the show. it's a shame that everything he does as the main guy gets offed.

wow this turned into the Firefly cast love fest. ;-)
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:14 am

logan wrote:i wasn't trying to dispute you thoughts on DH being canceled i was just trying to throw some info out there. given whedon's past with fox and the way they are treating the show now i would not be surprised to see it out the door as joss is even skeptical.friday night has historically been the death night for fox shows. on another note heroes has been renewed and honestly that show is terrible and has almost no discernible direction and if it comes back so should DH (even though it's different networks).

plus alan tudyk (aka wash) will be on DH soon and that's one guy that deserves more work. ;-D

also the T:SCC's last couple episodes along with the finale were pretty good. although it's more or less an alternate universe Terminator i enjoyed everything about it.probably won't get renewed but it was a good show. also yes Summer Glau is hot.

on another note it's a real shame about Castle most likely out the door as well. i love nathan fillion and i think he was fantastic in the show. it's a shame that everything he does as the main guy gets offed.

wow this turned into the Firefly cast love fest. ;-)

haha, totally. I wasn't a fan of the chronicles, but that's just my deal. Summer, def. hot. She was cool on Big Bang Theory... Love that show. I knew you weren't coming at me or whatever... I realize I was completely jumping the gun. I absolutely love Castle and Fillion. I loved him in his small role on Two guys and a Girl (formerly two guys a girl and a pizza place)... That show was awesome and he was great. Great in Firefly... Hell, he was great in White Noise 2... which for a "B" movie sequel straight to video... pretty good flick...

I completely agree on Heroes. I loved that show season one. Stopped watching during Season 2. After which creator Tim Kring actually made a public apology for how bad it was. I love when people do that. They fess up and call a spade a spade. Just like when Weezer (i think maybe just the lead singer made the statement on it) apologized for "Pinkerton" ... it was a crappy, horrible album and they admitted it. They even took a break from music because of it. Glad they are back to good stuff. Kring's apology couldn't lure me back to Heroes though.

Nice talking TV with people that know what's up. B-)

P.S. I like alan tudyk as well. He’s got a lead in V coming up. :-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:53 am

treat24 wrote:P.S. I like alan tudyk as well. He’s got a lead in V coming up. :-D

V as in The Visitors, the show from something like 25 years ago with the rat-eating aliens? I loved that show when I was a kid.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby treat24 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:23 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
treat24 wrote:P.S. I like alan tudyk as well. He’s got a lead in V coming up. :-D

V as in The Visitors, the show from something like 25 years ago with the rat-eating aliens? I loved that show when I was a kid.

yep... it's a remake :-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:29 pm

That's sweet, I'll give that a look. ;-D

On the flip-side of the coin, I'm flipping through channels and just saw there's a show on about "exploring the benefits of organic ketchup." I'm sorry, how bored do ya need to be to watch that show???
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby joejlitz » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:48 pm

Tonight I'm watching the Phillies on the MLB Network. It's the 3rd game I got to watch so far on that channel. HOORAY for the MLB Channel! :-]
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Metroid » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:17 pm

I'm watching the Blazers tonight in their first playoff game in.....a long time. Is it wrong to hop on the Blazers bandwagon? It's something I'm struggling with. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby logan » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:03 am

scottaa1 wrote:

Elizabeth Mitchell (aka Juliet from Lost) is supposed to have a small part in the pilot on this as well. it seems like it could be good but with no Robert Englund i just don't know.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:35 am

treat24 wrote:My apologies on jumping the Dollhouse cancel button. But my finger remains on the button... I have several sources that have it as good as canceled, although some aren't always super reliable. However, . wheden himself said he even doubts the possibility of a season two. My sources said it's been give the arrested development treatment so-to-speak. "Get ratings or it's done..." Since shows on Friday night don't get ratings, and when they do it's never that high... alonbg with what i've read... I jumped the gun. I would bet serious money Dollhouse; which isn't a very good show in the first place as it costs a lot to make, and gets poor ratings... (dreaded triple whammy) is done. Even Wheden believes so (that it's done). In also getting the ... "it's done... but not official word.." treatment:

Sarah Connor Terminator how did this show last two seasons chronicles... also known as... the show that made it two seasons because geeks like terminators and summer glau I'll just linky this one: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/sco ... set-t.html ... I'm still surprised it got picked up for season two. Summer got a cult following... Having a 9 episode first season helped. :-b

Also from SciFi Wire.... Eliza Dushku thinks the 13th episode not being aired will help renewal chances. She seems to have gotten the same info I have seen that the remaining episodes, and their ratings are hugely important. Fox is taking note she says or something to that effect...I'll find the quote... "Dushku also echoed, pun intended, series creator Joss Whedon's sentiments that Fox is still taking note of the show's performance for the remainder of the season." We'll see. If I were on Vegas... I'd bet on bye bye. :-b

Better Off Ted might be in the same boat. some actors have been auditioning for new shows. Anders for one. I can't remember... would have to recheck... but I think Anders even landed a lead on a new show. I really enjoy Better OffTED... not sure... I haven't read anything real inside... just some spec right now...

getting much closer to deleting all the Dollhouses i havent watched yet

Terminator was hit or miss, but i still liked watching it, especially for Summer

Better Off Ted is pretty good as well

also, saw the Heroes comment later...i have about 5 episodes backlogged on my DVR...maybe i can just convince myself to delete them and wash my hands of that show
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby logan » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:09 am

so what a fantastic season (hopefully) finale of chuck. Jeffster doing Domo Arigato was just fantastic and it was a great show all around. i just don't get why this show does terrible numbers every week as it's well written and acted. i guess people nowadays just want to watch terrible reality shows instead of quality entertainment.

on another note Heroes was god awful and had about the dumbest ending i've ever seen for a season finale. it's off my dvr for next season.

castle really seems to be getting itself together as the shows are getting pretty good. it most likely won't come back but it's a fun show and i'm really enjoying it more and more.

to add another point to our Dollhouse conversation i think the season has just been really bad paced. they keep going from one awesome episode to one meh ep. i'm not sure if that is fox's tampering or not. they all add to the overall character development but it's just the episodes themselves sometimes fall flat when they aren't advancing the main plot line. ah well alan tudyk finally shows next week and it looks like a great episode from the previews.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk