Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby logan » Mon May 18, 2009 12:25 am

chuck season 3 is also a go but being reduced to only 13 episodes (with an option for 9 more) and getting a smaller budget (losing atleast one character and some writers) and as it seems like yay week for guys who get canceled in season 1 of their shows Castle has also be renewed. so ;-D for joss whedon and nathan fillion. really though if Castle had ended with that cliff hanger i would have been highly upset.

perhaps now that dollhouse has been renewed but it's looking like terminator is out the door when can get some Summer Glau in the dollhouse. her,felicia day,amy acker and eliza may be to much overload for one whedon show though.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joejlitz » Wed May 20, 2009 11:47 am

Anyone else seen 4th and Long, yet? Michael Irvin's "this is not a reality show" reality show where the winner gets a spot on the 80-man roster of the Dallas Cowboys. First episode was interesting. 6 WRs vs. 6 DBs. But there was too much gratuitous puking (I don't need to see that). Also - at the elimination, there were 2 WRs and one DB and the DB got sent home. It makes me cringe to think Irvin might favor the WRs in this much like he does in his TV analysis.

It's on Monday nights at 10:00 on Spike.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed May 20, 2009 8:38 pm

Well, these days my TV has not much more than NBA playoffs and Mariners baseball. !+)
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby logan » Thu May 28, 2009 6:34 pm

logan wrote:perhaps now that dollhouse has been renewed but it's looking like terminator is out the door when can get some Summer Glau in the dollhouse. her,felicia day,amy acker and eliza may be to much overload for one whedon show though.

well that didn't take long. :-b

http://io9.com/5271801/what-part-will-s ... -dollhouse
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu May 28, 2009 7:49 pm

joejlitz wrote:Anyone else seen 4th and Long, yet? Michael Irvin's "this is not a reality show" reality show where the winner gets a spot on the 80-man roster of the Dallas Cowboys. First episode was interesting. 6 WRs vs. 6 DBs. But there was too much gratuitous puking (I don't need to see that). Also - at the elimination, there were 2 WRs and one DB and the DB got sent home. It makes me cringe to think Irvin might favor the WRs in this much like he does in his TV analysis.

I like the show. Have it DVR'd. Michael Irvin has that no nonsense attitude. ;-D

He better continue to be tough on them because I don't want some chump on my team.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri May 29, 2009 9:44 am

logan wrote:
logan wrote:perhaps now that dollhouse has been renewed but it's looking like terminator is out the door when can get some Summer Glau in the dollhouse. her,felicia day,amy acker and eliza may be to much overload for one whedon show though.

well that didn't take long. :-b

http://io9.com/5271801/what-part-will-s ... -dollhouse

looks like i might have to rent the DVDs and catch up
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:14 pm

Have any of you have seen the preview for Flashforward yet?(Wait past the stupid herpes commercial for the preview.)

Anyway I think it looks awesome, I dig the concept, and hope it is well executed.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby bmor8811 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:55 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
joejlitz wrote:Anyone else seen 4th and Long, yet? Michael Irvin's "this is not a reality show" reality show where the winner gets a spot on the 80-man roster of the Dallas Cowboys. First episode was interesting. 6 WRs vs. 6 DBs. But there was too much gratuitous puking (I don't need to see that). Also - at the elimination, there were 2 WRs and one DB and the DB got sent home. It makes me cringe to think Irvin might favor the WRs in this much like he does in his TV analysis.

I like the show. Have it DVR'd. Michael Irvin has that no nonsense attitude. ;-D

He better continue to be tough on them because I don't want some chump on my team.

I love this show. Might be because I'm a diehard 'Boys fan and love to root for the underdog making the squad but some of this "reality" show is pretty legit. I hope to see whoever comes out on top of this tight show go on to make a difference. We all know legitimate depth in the WR core can't hurt nowadays...
Thanks Leber for the sig!!
bmor8811
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterCafecaster

Postby dgan » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:49 am

Harper's Island is not getting any love - probably not helping is its Saturday night spot. But for someone who doesn't ever watch network television (except for sports), this show has got me hooked big time. It's like watching a mystery/horror movie, but only little bits at a time.

Sure, the acting is suspect and it took an episode or two to really get moving, but overall this is what I call entertaining TV.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:47 pm

dgan wrote:Harper's Island is not getting any love - probably not helping is its Saturday night spot. But for someone who doesn't ever watch network television (except for sports), this show has got me hooked big time. It's like watching a mystery/horror movie, but only little bits at a time.

Sure, the acting is suspect and it took an episode or two to really get moving, but overall this is what I call entertaining TV.

I recorded it to start but it got canceled so quick I decided to not even try starting it. Lucky for you that they are running off all of the episodes... :)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk