Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:58 am

dgan wrote:Harper's Island is not getting any love - probably not helping is its Saturday night spot. But for someone who doesn't ever watch network television (except for sports), this show has got me hooked big time. It's like watching a mystery/horror movie, but only little bits at a time.

Sure, the acting is suspect and it took an episode or two to really get moving, but overall this is what I call entertaining TV.

yeah, it's cheesy, but entertaining, decent suspense, some hot skanks
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:28 am

bought first season of Arrested Development. I know im late to the party, but WOW. anyone know why it stopped?
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joejlitz » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:35 am

Watched two episodes of Nurse Jackie on Showtime and it's pretty good. It's about a nurse (played by Edie Falco of Sopranos fame) who's good at heart and is very helpful to the patients, but also does a lot of dubious things, like banging her pharmacist to get more oxycotton because she has a bad back. It's worth a look.

I'm also loving the return of True Blood on HBO! Sookie bares her breasts again in the first episode of Season 2. Very nice! ;-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby treat24 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:47 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:bought first season of Arrested Development. I know im late to the party, but WOW. anyone know why it stopped?

ratings my friend. As a loyal follower from day 1... it pissed me off. They even have an entire episode in season 3 titled "save our bluths" joking about it. In season 3 several times joke things like "tell your friends" etc... Jason Bateman once went on Letterman I believe begging for people to watch. This was before Nielsen tracked DVR recording. Just like Family Guy, AD was killed due to poor ratings. The cast of arrested moved onto other projects. It could have been brought back because of the DVD boom in sales... like family guy... but the cast was doing other things. Family Guy has a relatively unbusy cast. That came back fairly easily. Stupid Fox. Pulling both of those shows in the first place shows how dumb they are. I rewatch the entire series every month or so. Yeah, you read that right... every month or so. I rotate through the entire AD series and The Office seasons 1-4 while I'm trying to fall asleep every day. Usually watch 3-6 episodes or more a day.

Can't wait for the movie! ;-D :-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:50 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:bought first season of Arrested Development. I know im late to the party, but WOW. anyone know why it stopped?

what Treat said...i always make an attempt to watch it, but then i get about 1/2 way through season 2 and get too busy and forget what happened and start over

joejlitz wrote:Watched two episodes of Nurse Jackie on Showtime and it's pretty good. It's about a nurse (played by Edie Falco of Sopranos fame) who's good at heart and is very helpful to the patients, but also does a lot of dubious things, like banging her pharmacist to get more oxycotton because she has a bad back. It's worth a look.

I'm also loving the return of True Blood on HBO! Sookie bares her breasts again in the first episode of Season 2. Very nice! ;-D

yeah Nurse Jackie is pretty good
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:16 am

Entourage and Family Guy reruns. My two favourite shows never get old.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:26 am

treat24 wrote:

ratings my friend. As a loyal follower from day 1... it pissed me off. They even have an entire episode in season 3 titled "save our bluths" joking about it. In season 3 several times joke things like "tell your friends" etc... Jason Bateman once went on Letterman I believe begging for people to watch. This was before Nielsen tracked DVR recording. Just like Family Guy, AD was killed due to poor ratings. The cast of arrested moved onto other projects. It could have been brought back because of the DVD boom in sales... like family guy... but the cast was doing other things. Family Guy has a relatively unbusy cast. That came back fairly easily. Stupid Fox. Pulling both of those shows in the first place shows how dumb they are. I rewatch the entire series every month or so. Yeah, you read that right... every month or so. I rotate through the entire AD series and The Office seasons 1-4 while I'm trying to fall asleep every day. Usually watch 3-6 episodes or more a day.

Can't wait for the movie! ;-D :-D

man, that sucks. I guess american idol is better anyway ;-7 :-?
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby joejlitz » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:37 am

bmor8811 wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
joejlitz wrote:Anyone else seen 4th and Long, yet? Michael Irvin's "this is not a reality show" reality show where the winner gets a spot on the 80-man roster of the Dallas Cowboys. First episode was interesting. 6 WRs vs. 6 DBs. But there was too much gratuitous puking (I don't need to see that). Also - at the elimination, there were 2 WRs and one DB and the DB got sent home. It makes me cringe to think Irvin might favor the WRs in this much like he does in his TV analysis.

It's on Monday nights at 10:00 on Spike.

I like the show. Have it DVR'd. Michael Irvin has that no nonsense attitude. ;-D

He better continue to be tough on them because I don't want some chump on my team.

I love this show. Might be because I'm a diehard 'Boys fan and love to root for the underdog making the squad but some of this "reality" show is pretty legit. I hope to see whoever comes out on top of this tight show go on to make a difference. We all know legitimate depth in the WR core can't hurt nowadays...

So my wife and I watchd 5 episodes in a row yesterday and we are officially hooked (the episodes were DVR'ed). I never really like Irvin before, but he comes off very well in this show.

It's about time Gamble got sent home. He was due to go home two episodes ago.

I also must say that McGann got royally screwed over after posting 150 yards and 2 TDs and they did not bring him back. They told them that if they outplay any of their counterparts that they could switch jerseys and stay in the house. He did that. What more could they ask for? Were they looking for 250 yards? 4 TDs? C'mon. :-t
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:19 am

The new season of Entourage started and it keeps on proving why it is the best show on TV. Ari is still venemous like a snake, and the rest of the cast is funny as hell. More importantly, however, I've found Emmanuelle Chriqui to be my new favorite hot actress. She looks amazing this season and she looked awesome in Zohan (movie of the year, too, IMO).

joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby eagles21 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:53 am

Yay Entourage!!! Saw the premier yesterday, hopefully I'll be able to watch last Sunday's episode sometime today. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk