Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby Metroid » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:07 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:band of brothers has been on spike. this show is awesome, anyone else watch it?

Yeah I've watched it twice all the way through and will get sucked in anytime it's re-aired on History or Spike. It's a fantastic series, I really need to own it. ;-D
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:14 am

band of brothers... is that the Behind the Music episode on Boyz to Men?
Image
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8540
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 17 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indy

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:34 pm

I'm sure someone's brought up It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, but my roommate just turned me onto this show and its freaking hilarious. I would definitely rank it up there with Seinfeld and Arrested Development as one of my favorite comedies of all time. Now I just have to get some more of the earlier seasons.
Image
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 232
Joined: 3 Oct 2009
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Carrollton, GA

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby treat24 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:45 pm

FearandLoathinginATL wrote:I'm sure someone's brought up It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, but my roommate just turned me onto this show and its freaking hilarious. I would definitely rank it up there with Seinfeld and Arrested Development as one of my favorite comedies of all time. Now I just have to get some more of the earlier seasons.


You just named 3 of my top 10 favorite shows of all time.

I love how selfish and blunt they are on sunny. That show rules. The Nightman Cometh from last season may be one of the best.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:39 pm

30 Rock on tv right now. So funny!
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:37 am

treat24 wrote:
FearandLoathinginATL wrote:I'm sure someone's brought up It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, but my roommate just turned me onto this show and its freaking hilarious. I would definitely rank it up there with Seinfeld and Arrested Development as one of my favorite comedies of all time. Now I just have to get some more of the earlier seasons.


You just named 3 of my top 10 favorite shows of all time.

I love how selfish and blunt they are on sunny. That show rules. The Nightman Cometh from last season may be one of the best.


same here...the recent Gail The Snail episode had me rolling

it's nowhere near as good as the shows above, but Modern Family on ABC is pretty funny
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 7054
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: being a fan of the worst franchise in the NFL

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby treat24 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:07 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
treat24 wrote:
FearandLoathinginATL wrote:I'm sure someone's brought up It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, but my roommate just turned me onto this show and its freaking hilarious. I would definitely rank it up there with Seinfeld and Arrested Development as one of my favorite comedies of all time. Now I just have to get some more of the earlier seasons.


You just named 3 of my top 10 favorite shows of all time.

I love how selfish and blunt they are on sunny. That show rules. The Nightman Cometh from last season may be one of the best.


same here...the recent Gail The Snail episode had me rolling

it's nowhere near as good as the shows above, but Modern Family on ABC is pretty funny


That show is awesome. :-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:22 am

New stuff I'm into right now is Modern Family for comedy, and Flash Forward. Recommend both.
Image
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 874
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Jumping The Snap

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:40 am

bigh0rt wrote:New stuff I'm into right now is Modern Family for comedy, and Flash Forward. Recommend both.


yeah those are about the only good new shows...well, [img]Bored%20To%20Death[/img]on HBO is pretty good and i taped the pilot of Community and it wasnt bad but i havent gotten around to watching the rest to make a decision
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 7054
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: being a fan of the worst franchise in the NFL

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:43 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:New stuff I'm into right now is Modern Family for comedy, and Flash Forward. Recommend both.


yeah those are about the only good new shows...well, [img]Bored%20To%20Death[/img]on HBO is pretty good and i taped the pilot of Community and it wasnt bad but i havent gotten around to watching the rest to make a decision


yeah I really like Bored to Death too. Honestly Jason Schwartzman(sp?) gets on my nerves a little bit but Ted Danson is just flat out funny as his boss. And I like Community. Its not the best show out there but Im a huge fan of Joel McHale.
Image
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 232
Joined: 3 Oct 2009
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Carrollton, GA

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 20:55 hours
(and 43 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact