Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:24 pm

I just found this awesome .gif

I'm loving this show more and more by the day.
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joejlitz » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:42 am

FearandLoathinginATL wrote:... And I like Community. Its not the best show out there but Im a huge fan of Joel McHale.

Me, too. I'd love to see McHale live doing stand up. In my opinion, he is what makes The Soup the funniest show on TV ;-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby m16a » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:11 pm

Still got my Dollhouse running which is nice (though I was pissed it got pre-empted by something as stupid as a Yankees game) and I've recently started watching SNL which happens to be hilarious (I know, I am how many years late on this??? lol) and I started watching Community which is also hilarious. Third episode was the best, and I think it's going to keep getting better. ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:43 am

did anybody watch the season finale of Mad Men last night?
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:43 am

FearandLoathinginATL wrote:did anybody watch the season finale of Mad Men last night?

yes...good stuff...should make next season quite interesting
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:45 am

I thought the Mad Men finale was great. My only complaint is that it looks like Campbell is going to have a big role next season, and for whatever reason, I can't stand that character. Though I didn't really like Cosgrove either, so it is what it is I guess. I do like Kinsey, so hopefully they find a way to keep him around. But yeah, good episode, and next season should be a good one.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:20 am

Art Vandelay wrote:I thought the Mad Men finale was great. My only complaint is that it looks like Campbell is going to have a big role next season, and for whatever reason, I can't stand that character. Though I didn't really like Cosgrove either, so it is what it is I guess. I do like Kinsey, so hopefully they find a way to keep him around. But yeah, good episode, and next season should be a good one.

i dont think Pete's a likeable character, but i like the character if that makes sense (but it sounds like you dont like him regardless). yeah hopefully we'll see more of Kinsey. does anyone know if they have already greenlight a season 4? IIRC there was some contract disputes or something between the writer and AMC for before Season 3
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:24 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I thought the Mad Men finale was great. My only complaint is that it looks like Campbell is going to have a big role next season, and for whatever reason, I can't stand that character. Though I didn't really like Cosgrove either, so it is what it is I guess. I do like Kinsey, so hopefully they find a way to keep him around. But yeah, good episode, and next season should be a good one.

i dont think Pete's a likeable character, but i like the character if that makes sense (but it sounds like you dont like him regardless). yeah hopefully we'll see more of Kinsey. does anyone know if they have already greenlight a season 4? IIRC there was some contract disputes or something between the writer and AMC for before Season 3

That makes sense, I just don't like the character, not even in a love-to-hate sort of way. I mean, what character on Mad Men is likeable, in a traditional sense? Cooper, maybe? Price? Most of them are heavy drinking, selfish, greedy, philandering men without much in terms of redeeming qualities, but they are great characters. With Campbell I just get annoyed everytime he's on screen.

However, I think Sterling is my favorite character on that show. Something about him just cracks me up.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:24 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

That makes sense, I just don't like the character, not even in a love-to-hate sort of way. I mean, what character on Mad Men is likeable, in a traditional sense? Cooper, maybe? Price? Most of them are heavy drinking, selfish, greedy, philandering men without much in terms of redeeming qualities, but they are great characters. With Campbell I just get annoyed everytime he's on screen.

However, I think Sterling is my favorite character on that show. Something about him just cracks me up.

Don Draper is my idol (womanizing aside)...actually i just admire his tolerance for booze and whatnot
yeah it really is a great show
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:54 am

I'm just glad the non-Don characters are coming back to the show. I thought the last half of this season was as good or better as any point in the show, but it got kind of old dealing with Don's stuff all the time. After that British guy got his toe shredded it seemed like the lesser characters lost a lot of screen time.

Screw Hargrove but I hope Kinsey comes along too. And to a couple of posts up, I think Sal was one of those genuinely likable characters, and he definitely got the wrong end of that stick, so I hope he comes back. The way they left off with his story line and his reappearances in the "Last time on..." segments he's gotta return at some point.

And the best news of all: Joan is coming back to the office :-D ;-D
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk