Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:47 pm

Still watching and loving Lie to Me. Anyone else watching it?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joejlitz » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:05 am

Best new comic on a SITCOM. Abed from Community. That dude's character is great. I just watched the Halloween episode on DVR where he dresses up like Batman and talks just like him. Hysterical! :-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:11 pm

joejlitz wrote:Best new comic on a SITCOM. Abed from Community. That dude's character is great. I just watched the Halloween episode on DVR where he dresses up like Batman and talks just like him. Hysterical! :-D

That show worth watching regularly?
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby m16a » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:37 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
joejlitz wrote:Best new comic on a SITCOM. Abed from Community. That dude's character is great. I just watched the Halloween episode on DVR where he dresses up like Batman and talks just like him. Hysterical! :-D

In a word, yes. Definitely check it out! ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:55 am

m16a wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

I watched the first few episodes and liked what I saw. I'll probably get caught up on Hulu at some point, but I don't remember to watch it when it's on.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby logan » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:08 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
m16a wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:That show worth watching regularly?

I watched the first few episodes and liked what I saw. I'll probably get caught up on Hulu at some point, but I don't remember to watch it when it's on.

Community is a fantastic show and out of the Thursday night block it has been consistenly the best every week. I used. To go straight for the office on the DVR but lately it has been community first and then the office and then 30 rock.

As for Lie to Me I am still enjoying it but I think it's more because I am a big fan of Tim Roth and the fact that Monica Raymund is pretty hot than the actual show being great. It's formulaic television and it's not terrible to watch mainly for the acting.

Honestly this televisin season has been pretty lackluster all around outside of Castle and Sons of Anarchy(which Are both utterly fantastic) and the Thursday night comedy block. Flashforward wants to be Lost so bad it almost embarasing and it's really not good. The acting is sub par and the plot is almost downright boring. The pilot of V was pretty decent and I'll check out the next couple before it goes on break and it doesn't hurt that it has Alan Tudyk in it. Fringe has been hit or miss for the most part. The early season was pretty good and then the world series sorta interupted it for a while and i think threw off the flow. This show just continually gets beat up by other things. Last year it was American idol and then this year the series.

Stargate SGU has been ok but again that's probably because I'm a huge fan of Robert Carlyle and of course Dollhose got canned but atleast fox was kond enough to let Joss actually finish the show this time so I guess that's something.

Ah well I guess I'll survive till the final season of Lost but this has been a pretty lackluster start to the televisin season overall.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby joejlitz » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:03 pm

bigh0rt wrote:

Agree with M16a. It is a very good show. It showcases Joel McHale who I love on The Soup on E!
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:10 pm

Anyone else catch WW2 in HD last night? I've been waiting months for it and it didn't disappoint. Some of the video gave me goosebumps. There was also a lot more gore and violence than I expected, several executions and a lot of dead men. I guess that's war though.

One of the best depictions I've seen of battle in WW2 though. It was like watching Band of Brothers or something except with real footage. Simply amazing, if you're interested in WW2 at all, definitely check these out, theres a new one every night this week.
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby m16a » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:40 pm

Been continuing to watch V, which looks like it has some potential based on the first two episodes. As Logan said, it certainly doesn't hurt to have Alan Tudyk on the show, and it's also a bummer that Dollhouse is gone after the finished episodes are aired. At least we got two seasons this time Joss.. :-t

Also started watching Parks and Recreation right after Community. Pretty decent show. Anyone else into it?
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:24 pm

m16a wrote:Been continuing to watch V, which looks like it has some potential based on the first two episodes. As Logan said, it certainly doesn't hurt to have Alan Tudyk on the show, and it's also a bummer that Dollhouse is gone after the finished episodes are aired. At least we got two seasons this time Joss.. :-t

Also started watching Parks and Recreation right after Community. Pretty decent show. Anyone else into it?

yeah as much as i hate to see DH get canceled it certainly wasn't completely without merit this time. the show really struggled at times and it certainly wasn't helped out by fox in any way ,from being stranded on friday night to not having a decent lead in to help it initially . it really wasn't very cohesive in the first season and in the early part of this season it seemed to flounder between some great episodes to some meh eps. i think the only reason it even got a second season is because fox realized what it lost in firefly and they wanted to make sure they didn't make the same mistake twice.

Ah well this just frees up joss to do Dr.Horrible Season 2 which is about a bajillion times better than DH anyways.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk