Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:35 pm

So I've only watched 4 minutes, but it's official. American Dad is the worst show ever.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:58 pm

FearandLoathinginATL wrote:
logan wrote:
Metroid wrote:I'm actually surprised no one else is watching the WWII in HD documentary. :-?

I will eventually catch it either on demand or DVD when it releases I just don't have the time with the shows I watch now and life stuff. I love WWII stuff and docs so I am definitely going to catch it at some point.

It kind sucks theyre playing these all out in a week too, back-to-back-to-back. Working full-time in a restaurant, kinda hard to catch a show at 9 and 10 every night. Im gonna have to catch up with most of these On Demand too.

Still surprised there arent more viewers, I had been looking forward to this for so long.

I started to watch but found, to my surprise, that after Band of Brothers I am WW II'd out. Plus, they are demanding a lot of time to watch.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:01 pm

I'm watching football, and AT&T and Verizon are having an all-out advertising war.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby logan » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:49 pm

Sons of Anarchy=Best show on television period. if you aren't watching this you should quickly rectify that mistake. the second season just ended so you'll have to get creative with watching that (probably on hulu or maybe on demand) but the 1st season is on dvd. watch it ... you will not be disappointed.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:06 pm

logan wrote:Sons of Anarchy=Best show on television period. if you aren't watching this you should quickly rectify that mistake. the second season just ended so you'll have to get creative with watching that (probably on hulu or maybe on demand) but the 1st season is on dvd. watch it ... you will not be disappointed.

I don't know about best show on television(my vote would go to Mad Men) but definitely one of the best out there now. The season 2 finale was pretty freaking good, but I don't understand why Zobelle(sp?) wasn't killed. It would have taken all of 45 seconds to walk in that store put one between his eyes and walk out. I guess with so many other people being killed off/leaving they had to save one villain.

But yeah, if you haven't seen this show, get to your Netflix/Blockbuster/Pirate Bay and get the first season now.
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Metroid » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:41 am

Yeah we're working on Mad Men right now, great show, I dunno bout best on TV, but it's really good. I don't think I could pick a favorite, Dexter, Mad Men, True Blood, The Office...etc.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:54 am

Metroid wrote:Yeah we're working on Mad Men right now, great show, I dunno bout best on TV, but it's really good. I don't think I could pick a favorite, Dexter, Mad Men, True Blood, The Office...etc.

All shows I love, but I have no problem picking a favorite and which one is EASILY the best... Dexter. :-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby logan » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:21 am

FearandLoathinginATL wrote:
logan wrote:Sons of Anarchy=Best show on television period. if you aren't watching this you should quickly rectify that mistake. the second season just ended so you'll have to get creative with watching that (probably on hulu or maybe on demand) but the 1st season is on dvd. watch it ... you will not be disappointed.

I don't know about best show on television(my vote would go to Mad Men) but definitely one of the best out there now. The season 2 finale was pretty freaking good, but I don't understand why Zobelle(sp?) wasn't killed. It would have taken all of 45 seconds to walk in that store put one between his eyes and walk out. I guess with so many other people being killed off/leaving they had to save one villain.

But yeah, if you haven't seen this show, get to your Netflix/Blockbuster/Pirate Bay and get the first season now.

Granted It was definitely a set up plot point for a future story arc it made some sense in the fact that I don't think Clay was in any hurry to finish him off. If they did they would have just lit his car up from the start when they had him boxed in instead of just trying to stop him.Clay wanted to hurt him and with what was going on he had to choose and for once choose the right way.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:29 pm

Metroid wrote:Yeah we're working on Mad Men right now, great show, I dunno bout best on TV, but it's really good. I don't think I could pick a favorite, Dexter, Mad Men, True Blood, The Office...etc.

How was Season 2 of True Blood? I really enjoyed Season 1 but just got so caught up in back to school and grad. work to watch Season 2.

Also, February 2, LOST returns.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:04 pm

bigh0rt wrote:

How was Season 2 of True Blood? I really enjoyed Season 1 but just got so caught up in back to school and grad. work to watch Season 2.

Also, February 2, LOST returns.

it was pretty good...the ending was a little underwhelming though

also i finally got caught up on Top Chef: Las Vegas ;-D
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk