Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby Metroid » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:58 pm

I actually haven't seen season 2 of True Blood. I can't watch shows as they air because I'll forget to watch, I just wait for them to be released on DVD and power through them. I'm always behind on the shows I love that's why I never open the threads on the shows usually. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joejlitz » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:53 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Also, February 2, LOST returns.

I missed all of last season, and am so disappointed with the way they distribute DVDs as a result. For whatever reason, it is the norm to release the DVD set of last season almost at the same time as the new season begins (probably to generate buzz, and sales for the new season, etc.). Anyway, I'll want to watch all of last season before I begin the new one. :-t

That's a lot of episodes to have to watch.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby logan » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:46 pm

joejlitz wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

I missed all of last season, and am so disappointed with the way they distribute DVDs as a result. For whatever reason, it is the norm to release the DVD set of last season almost at the same time as the new season begins (probably to generate buzz, and sales for the new season, etc.). Anyway, I'll want to watch all of last season before I begin the new one. :-t

well it's only 16 episodes so there is that and it comes out on the 8th so you have quite a while to knock it out especially considering mostly everything is going on winter break. least it isn't 24 plus episodes.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby joejlitz » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:52 am

logan wrote:
joejlitz wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

well it's only 16 episodes so there is that and it comes out on the 8th so you have quite a while to knock it out especially considering mostly everything is going on winter break. least it isn't 24 plus episodes.

Wait - it comes out tomorrow? December 8? That would be great and enough time.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:53 am

joejlitz wrote:
logan wrote:
joejlitz wrote:I missed all of last season, and am so disappointed with the way they distribute DVDs as a result. For whatever reason, it is the norm to release the DVD set of last season almost at the same time as the new season begins (probably to generate buzz, and sales for the new season, etc.). Anyway, I'll want to watch all of last season before I begin the new one. :-t

Wait - it comes out tomorrow? December 8? That would be great and enough time.

yes it does.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joejlitz » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:30 am

Sweet. I guess they're looking to make Christmas sales. Maybe I was wrong, but I remember 2 Lost seasons ago, I couldn't rent the DVDs until the week before the new season started.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby logan » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:54 pm

Last season was so good I don't think you will have much trouble blowing through them. I still have the finale saved on my dvr so I can watch it again before the season starts in case I don't pick up the DVDs right away.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:16 pm

Unfortunately it's no longer on the boob tube, but I just finished watching The Wire. Easily the best TV show I have ever had the pleasure of watching. It rivals any other show on TV, present or past, in its complexity, ambition, and realism. Each character is perfectly developed for their parts, in both writing and acting, which is a lot to say for a show with 50-75 recurring characters over 5 seasons, most of whom are either character actors or have no experience at all. I could go on and on about this show I was so overwhelmingly satisfied with it, on both a critical and an entertainment level, but I'll keep it short.

If you haven't seen The Wire from beginning to end, you are seriously missing out.
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:24 pm

FearandLoathinginATL wrote:Unfortunately it's no longer on the boob tube, but I just finished watching The Wire. Easily the best TV show I have ever had the pleasure of watching. It rivals any other show on TV, present or past, in its complexity, ambition, and realism. Each character is perfectly developed for their parts, in both writing and acting, which is a lot to say for a show with 50-75 recurring characters over 5 seasons, most of whom are either character actors or have no experience at all. I could go on and on about this show I was so overwhelmingly satisfied with it, on both a critical and an entertainment level, but I'll keep it short.

If you haven't seen The Wire from beginning to end, you are seriously missing out.

i've seen the first 2 seasons...i need to get around to renting the 3rd...unfortunately my wife doesnt like it so it leaves me little time to watch it
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:39 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
FearandLoathinginATL wrote:Unfortunately it's no longer on the boob tube, but I just finished watching The Wire. Easily the best TV show I have ever had the pleasure of watching. It rivals any other show on TV, present or past, in its complexity, ambition, and realism. Each character is perfectly developed for their parts, in both writing and acting, which is a lot to say for a show with 50-75 recurring characters over 5 seasons, most of whom are either character actors or have no experience at all. I could go on and on about this show I was so overwhelmingly satisfied with it, on both a critical and an entertainment level, but I'll keep it short.

i've seen the first 2 seasons...i need to get around to renting the 3rd...unfortunately my wife doesnt like it so it leaves me little time to watch it

I tried to watch it, I watched the first three episodes and just couldn't get into it.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk