Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:35 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i've seen the first 2 seasons...i need to get around to renting the 3rd...unfortunately my wife doesnt like it so it leaves me little time to watch it

I think the 3rd season was probably my favorite, once it started getting into the government and bureaucracy and the wheelings and dealings behind closed doors.

Metroid wrote:I tried to watch it, I watched the first three episodes and just couldn't get into it.

The show never had very good ratings because I think a lot of people did the same thing. It's not the kind of show that grabs your attention. Neither the episodes nor the finales really end in cliffhangers, just more like it's to be continued, because the story advances more like a series of novels than seasons of a TV show. It's pretty slow at times but only because the story arcs take a little while to develop. Kinda reminds me of Mad Men. It's a completely character driven show. There's a little more action because it's a cop drama but a large majority of it is dialogue.

If you don't like it, you don't like it, but it probably took me 6 or 7 episodes to really get sucked in.
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:22 am

It's weird, I love Mad Men though. different strokes I suppose.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Metroid wrote:It's weird, I love Men though. Especially the ones from different strokes.

Watchu talkin' bout Metroid??

Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:02 pm

Metroid wrote:It's weird, I love Mad Men though. different strokes I suppose.

you should really try to get through the whole 1st season of The Wire...it does start out slow but you really start to get drawn in
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joejlitz » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:38 pm

Just saw the season finale of Spartacus on Starz and it was outstanding! Anyone else watch this series? Great stuff, which is lucky because I almost gave up on the show after some cheesy gore shots in the first episode.

Also watching the Good Wife, reruns of the Practice from 2002, Two and a Half Men, and the Ultimate Fighter (good start to that series).

I've got the last season of Damages on DVR, waiting to be watched and Treme on HBO about New Orleans. Anyone seen Treme? Is it good?
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:21 pm

joejlitz wrote:Just saw the season finale of Spartacus on Starz and it was outstanding! Anyone else watch this series? Great stuff, which is lucky because I almost gave up on the show after some cheesy gore shots in the first episode.

Also watching the Good Wife, reruns of the Practice from 2002, Two and a Half Men, and the Ultimate Fighter (good start to that series).

I've got the last season of Damages on DVR, waiting to be watched and Treme on HBO about New Orleans. Anyone seen Treme? Is it good?

it took me about 5 tries to get through the 1st episode... not because it was bad but because i have a habit of falling asleep at 9:30. it was OK, i'm willing to give it a shot
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:30 pm

I'm really interested in watching "America: The Story of Us" tonight on History. ;-D
Metroid

Postby Metroid » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:41 am

Metroid wrote:I'm really interested in watching "America: The Story of Us" tonight on History. ;-D

So am I the only one here that watched this? I'm a big time history buff so I absolutely loved it, the CG work is pretty fantastic. Obviously it hurries through and glosses over some very important moments in America history but that's to be expected. The only thing that sucks is I have to wait till Sunday for the next installment. :-[
Metroid

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:01 pm

Anyone else watch Modern Family?

I watched every episode online in likeeee a couple days. It's incredibly addicting.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:35 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
I watched every episode online in likeeee a couple days. It's incredibly addicting.

as addicting as your e key? ;-7

my favorite key is f.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk