Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:31 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
I watched every episode online in likeeee a couple days. It's incredibly addicting.

as addicting as your e key? ;-7

my favorite key is f.

Nopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, its all about eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:39 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Anyone else watch Modern Family?

I watched every episode online in likeeee a couple days. It's incredibly addicting.

yeah i like it a lot...especially the episode where the mom was in her bra and panties :-L
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:11 pm

Metroid wrote:
Metroid wrote:I'm really interested in watching "America: The Story of Us" tonight on History. ;-D

So am I the only one here that watched this? I'm a big time history buff so I absolutely loved it, the CG work is pretty fantastic. Obviously it hurries through and glosses over some very important moments in America history but that's to be expected. The only thing that sucks is I have to wait till Sunday for the next installment. :-[
I've got it Tivoed but haven't watched it yet, glad to hear it was good.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Metroid » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:08 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Metroid wrote:I'm really interested in watching "America: The Story of Us" tonight on History. ;-D

So am I the only one here that watched this? I'm a big time history buff so I absolutely loved it, the CG work is pretty fantastic. Obviously it hurries through and glosses over some very important moments in America history but that's to be expected. The only thing that sucks is I have to wait till Sunday for the next installment. :-[

Well I thought it was good, you know what they say about opinions though. :-B

Seriously, I really enjoyed it. Like I said, it was a little hurried and glossed over but overall I was very entertained. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby dream_017 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:50 pm

Metroid wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
Metroid wrote:So am I the only one here that watched this? I'm a big time history buff so I absolutely loved it, the CG work is pretty fantastic. Obviously it hurries through and glosses over some very important moments in America history but that's to be expected. The only thing that sucks is I have to wait till Sunday for the next installment. :-[

Seriously, I really enjoyed it. Like I said, it was a little hurried and glossed over but overall I was very entertained. ;-D

I'm sure it will be on again throughout the week, I'll have to take a look see ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby Metroid » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:56 pm

dream_017 wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I've got it Tivoed but haven't watched it yet, glad to hear it was good.

I'm sure it will be on again throughout the week, I'll have to take a look see ;-D

I'm sure it will be. In fact, if it's like any of the other shows that are on History, Discovery, etc., they will show the previous weeks episode right before the new one. :-?
Metroid

Postby Metroid » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:00 pm

Actually I just looked at The History Channel's website and they have it listed that the "Rebels" segment of America: The History of Us will be re-aired Wednesday, Apr 28, 8/7c, and again on Saturday, May 1, 10/9c. The next segment will be "Westward" on Sunday, May 2, 9/8c. I believe it's a 12 part series.
Metroid

Postby dream_017 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:47 pm

Metroid wrote:Actually I just looked at The History Channel's website and they have it listed that the "Rebels" segment of America: The History of Us will be re-aired Wednesday, Apr 28, 8/7c, and again on Saturday, May 1, 10/9c. The next segment will be "Westward" on Sunday, May 2, 9/8c. I believe it's a 12 part series.

Nice ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu May 06, 2010 12:24 pm

Just got caught up on America: The Story of Us this week. I enjoyed it quite a bit, and although it's not really giving any new or novel information to people who know a little about American history, the presentation is pretty good. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the part on John Brown. I'm related to him, so I've done quite a bit of research and reading on him, and it's always interesting how he is handled in most history books/movies/etc. I thought they did a decent job trying to squeeze him into five minutes or so. Looking forward to the Civil War and reconstruction shows this weekend.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby logan » Thu May 06, 2010 10:59 pm

Just in case anyone was wondering Community is the best comedy on television.Hell outside of Lost its the best show on television.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk