Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby joejlitz » Fri May 07, 2010 5:50 am

logan wrote:Just in case anyone was wondering Community is the best comedy on television.Hell outside of Lost its the best show on television.

"Abed and Troy in the morning!" Those two (Abed specifically) are hysterical!
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby logan » Fri May 07, 2010 7:38 am

Last nights episode was so great I actually watched it twice and saved it on my dvr. That's something I never do with sitcoms period. All the references and Senior Chang were just great last night. It's also a testament to the writers in the fact that they have made Chevy Chase actually funny for the first time in 20 plus years.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Metroid » Fri May 07, 2010 9:43 am

logan wrote:Just in case anyone was wondering Community is the best comedy on television.Hell outside of Lost its the best show on television.

It can't be the best comedy on television since It's Always Sunny is still on the air, sorry. And Lost is far from the best show on television overall. :-/
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby logan » Fri May 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Metroid wrote:

It can't be the best comedy on television since It's Always Sunny is still on the air, sorry. And Lost is far from the best show on television overall. :-/

That's just crazy talk sir. Crazy talk.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Metroid » Fri May 07, 2010 3:55 pm

logan wrote:
Metroid wrote:

That's just crazy talk sir. Crazy talk.

It's all good man, I'm just busting you balls. :-b

Lost does suck though. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby joejlitz » Sun May 09, 2010 1:39 pm

Metroid wrote:

It can't be the best comedy on television since It's Always Sunny is still on the air, sorry.

Two and a Half Men still gets the most LOLs from me! ;-D
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue May 11, 2010 7:10 am

not quite sure it's the best, but definately some good LOLs

i also like 30 Rock, Always Sunny, and Archer...probably the only comedies i watch, although i'm sure i'm forgetting something
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joejlitz » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:37 am

Holy cow, this thread's been dead since May? I was tempted to let it go a full year, but I guess I'll post here. :-b

These days, I'm mostly watching Spartacus on Showtime, Jersey Shore, The Office, Community (Troy and Abed in the Morning! - those 2 get me rolling every time), and Justified. But I think for overall quality, The Good Wife is pretty great. The characters and the storyline make the show compelling. If you're not watching it, you should give it a go. ;-D

EDIT: Chicago Code is off to a good start. The lead cop does a good job and the story is good so far. It was written or produced (or something) by the same people that did The Shield.

Anyone watching Lights Out? I've got the episodes DVRed, but haven't sat down to watch them, yet. I heard it was supposed to be pretty good.

Finally, I tried watching The Cape, but couldn't get into it.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:30 am

i watched the premiere of Lights Out...it was pretty good...havent had time to watch anymore yet though
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby m16a » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:12 pm

Been slowly using the interwebs to keep up with the new seasons of Leverage and Burn Notice. Also, I got into How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory over the school year. Both are hilarious shows. I'm using hulu to work my way through the original Stargate SG-1. I'm somewhere in the 6th season. Anyone here catch AMC's The Walking Dead? That was pretty sweet.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 47)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk